WR Tavon Austin Set to Be Traded or Released

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

If he gets released and can be had for reasonable money. Not trading any picks or taking on his current salary.

Still no.

Dude had 370 yards from scrimmage last season with baby genius McVay.  

If you want that kind of talent, Taylor Gabriel would be the better option.

17 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Robert Quinn would be my target from the Rams.....put him across from Jerry Hughes and let them work.....

I think you mean, "put him across from Jerry Hughes in Madden and let them work," because that's the only way Robert Quinn will ever be a Bill is in a video game.

9 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Still no.

Dude had 370 yards from scrimmage last season with baby genius McVay.  

If you want that kind of talent, Taylor Gabriel would be the better option.

True. Didn't know he was available. 

Another trade option that I've mentioned on this board would be LAC WR Travis Benjamin.

They have Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Tyrell Williams (assuming they tender him as a RFA), and Hunter Henry under contract as their top 4 options in the passing game (assuming Antonio Gates retires or moves on), and they can shed $4.5M of cap space if they move TB.  That's without considering that Melvin Gordon caught 58 passes last year.

Benjamin has been productive in the past, has been mostly healthy over the last 4 seasons, and would bring the speed element that Buffalo lacks.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I feel that Austin was misused just about his whole time with the Rams. 

He spent much of his career in Jeff Fisher offenses, so that tells you a lot, as well.

To me, he should be used pretty much strictly on jet sweep actions, returns, and screens. See: Tyreek Hill.

He is not, never has been, and never WILL be a true WR. If you treat him as such and use him as I just mentioned instead, I think he can be productive for your offense.

I wouldn't mind picking him up though. I think those things can be very useful to a creative offense, possibly using him as a hybrid running back every once in a while to keep them guessing. I think you could get something going with K. Benjamin as the #1, Zay and Holmes as 2 and 3, Austin as a situational 4th, and a rookie burner to stretch the field deep.

38 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Another trade option that I've mentioned on this board would be LAC WR Travis Benjamin.

They have Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Tyrell Williams (assuming they tender him as a RFA), and Hunter Henry under contract as their top 4 options in the passing game (assuming Antonio Gates retires or moves on), and they can shed $4.5M of cap space if they move TB.  That's without considering that Melvin Gordon caught 58 passes last year.

Benjamin has been productive in the past, has been mostly healthy over the last 4 seasons, and would bring the speed element that Buffalo lacks.

They also use Austin Ekeler in the passing game. They really need to get HH the ball more often. And they need cap space. I like it. 

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I agree people just don't use the search function like they should.   

beyond the fact that he's already created numerous FA threads on the general topic .  

I wasn't throwing shade at the OP, I was pointing out that this had been coming for a while.

I live in LA and follow the Rams closely.  I wouldn't trade for him but if he is released I would sign him.  Could really improve our special teams (he only fumbled twice they were quick to pull him from that roll and see Pheral Coopers fumbles in the playoffs, his replacement).  Great on those slot reversals and as a decoy on them because you have to respect he could get it and it would give Shady more room.  Spread him out wide and he can stretch the defense with his speed.   

• Like (+1) 1