What are your top 5 QB's in this years draft??

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Lamar is the one that would make me most open to keeping Tyrod but probably not for the reason you think.  I just think Lamar needs to redshirt... so I'm looking for the best vet I can get that I can move on from in 2019 but I am planning to play for the whole of 2018 (or at least the first 15 games).  That is probably Tyrod.  

Agree.  Probably true of Rudolph as well and x2 with Allen

1.) Sam Darnold

2.) Josh Rosen

3.) Baker Mayfield

4.) Josh Allen

5.) Mason Rudolph

I'm hoping Allen is there at 21, huge red flags but he has so much arm potential and talent. High risk, high reward. He could end up being the best QB in the class or he could be out of the NFL in 5 years. With the flick of a wrist he moves the ball 70 yards into small windows. If he fell to 10, I'd try to package up 21 and 22 to get Allen. We would still have all our other picks.

1. Darnold- he's the complete package

2. Mayfield- great accuracy and can make all the throws, gonna be the next brees imo

3. Allen- insane talent with huge arm but needs time and development to fix issues

4. Rosen- great arm, huge talent....history of injuries is concerning but what bothers me most is his personality. He's the stereotypical millennial Berkley libtard.... Last thing we need is a preachy know it all blowhard who will without a doubt alienate a good portion of his teammates. I'd def pass.

5. Rudolph- all round solid qb, seems like a Schaub/ Tannehill kind of qb.

6. Faulk- had a down year but I think he may have the most long term sleeper potential out of the qbs. Kid can make all the throws,  just needs time to learn the pro game. 

7. Jackson- great college qb but don't think he's gonna make it. Interested to see if he can score higher than Vince Young or Roscoe Parrish on the wonderlic test.... either way I doubt it ends up in the double digits so I'd pass. 

Edited by SECRET SQUIRREL

53 minutes ago, SECRET SQUIRREL said:

1. Darnold- he's the complete package

2. Mayfield- great accuracy and can make all the throws, gonna be the next brees imo

3. Allen- insane talent with huge arm but needs time and development to fix issues

4. Rosen- great arm, huge talent....history of injuries is concerning but what bothers me most is his personality. He's the stereotypical millennial Berkley libtard.... Last thing we need is a preachy know it all blowhard who will without a doubt alienate a good portion of his teammates. I'd def pass.

5. Rudolph- all round solid qb, seems like a Schaub/ Tannehill kind of qb.

6. Faulk- had a down year but I think he may have the most long term sleeper potential out of the qbs. Kid can make all the throws,  just needs time to learn the pro game. 

7. Jackson- great college qb but don't think he's gonna make it. Interested to see if he can score higher than Vince Young or Roscoe Parrish on the wonderlic test.... either way I doubt it ends up in the double digits so I'd pass. 

Doesn't like liberals and and thinks the black Quarterback won't score double digits on the wonderlic.  

Think I am sensing the kind of poster this one is going to be.....

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Doesn't like liberals and and thinks the black Quarterback won't score double digits on the wonderlic.  

Nope.... Russel Wilson is one of my favorite players in the league so that idiotic reasoning doesn't apply.... I Just think that people with crazy political agendas/ ideologies/ beliefs are the worst,  left or right. They can't help but push their ideas onto others and it rubs most the wrong way. 

Edited by SECRET SQUIRREL

51 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

32 minutes ago, SECRET SQUIRREL said:

Nope.... Russel Wilson is one of my favorite players in the league so that idiotic reasoning doesn't apply.... I Just think that people with crazy political agendas/ ideologies/ beliefs are the worst,  left or right. They can't help but push their ideas onto others and it rubs most the wrong way. 

Perhaps Gunner is correct  and you don't realize it yourself.

2 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

As long as your thought or perspective is one supported by your original insight, I'd like to know why?

I think he’s way below average at going through progressions.  When his first option is open, he’s golden.  The same can be said for most QBs on earth.  What sets QBs apart , IMO, is what you can do when the first option is taken away.  Rudolph, seems to me, hits a mental roadblock and gets antsy when his first option isn’t there. If he has to reset his feet, disaster often occurs.  His arm becomes weak and bad decisions loom.  He good at standing in the pocket and delivering a nice ball (to his first option) while taking a hit. He also throws a catchable deep ball that brings down rain with every attempt.  

At oSU. He ran 80-90% RPO.  Guys running deep and guys over the middle with lots of bubble screens.  The nfl is using a lot of RPO nowadays......unfortunately for Mason, the Big 12 defenses won’t be following him to the NFL.  Over 30% of his yardage in 2017 came off of passes of 20 yards or more.  

In summary.  I just don’t like him and pray he’s not our QB.  Reminds me of a slightly better version of Landry Jones.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I think he’s way below average at going through progressions.  When his first option is open, he’s golden.  The same can be said for most QBs on earth.  What sets QBs apart , IMO, is what you can do when the first option is taken away.  Rudolph, seems to me, hits a mental roadblock and gets antsy when his first option isn’t there. If he has to reset his feet, disaster often occurs.  His arm becomes weak and bad decisions loom.  He good at standing in the pocket and delivering a nice ball (to his first option) while taking a hit. He also throws a catchable deep ball that brings down rain with every attempt.  

At oSU. He ran 80-90% RPO.  Guys running deep and guys over the middle with lots of bubble screens.  The nfl is using a lot of RPO nowadays......unfortunately for Mason, the Big 12 defenses won’t be following him to the NFL.  Over 30% of his yardage in 2017 came off of passes of 20 yards or more.  

In summary.  I just don’t like him and pray he’s not our QB.  Reminds me of a slightly better version of Landry Jones.

Thank you for giving me an original take, and not just panning the same answer I hear all too often regarding Rudolph, but I still respectfully disagree. I see him go through progressions, and I see him stand in and take a hit yet deliver the ball. Yes, RPO very often, but I didn't see many bubble screens. Also, there's plenty of times he anticipates guys open, meaning he doesn't throw them open like he will have to in the NFL, but he makes the throw before the guy is actually open. He also makes several tight window throws after scanning the field. Earlier in another thread I posted a video and the time marks in the video where he does this. 

His Sophmore and Junior season were much more the way you describe him, but he made some real nice strides in his Senior year in reading the field, setting his feet and doing more of the things you're going to ask him as a Pro to do. Time will tell which of these stand out and which of these flame out, but I dont' think you can put Rudolph in just "any" system, but I do think in the right one, he could be very good. 

If I'm wrong, I'll be eating a big pile of crow in a couple years and I can live with that, because I'm strong in my conviction to this point.

Edited by BigBuff423

1. Darnold

2. Mayfield

3. Rosen

4. Jackson

Those are the only four quarterbacks I would consider drafting. I see all four has first round picks. I see all four being drafted by #21. Allen might go top #21 too just hope it's not us drafting him. I have a feeling Mayfield is going to be special. I would rank Darnold and Mayfield in the top tier. Rosen in the second tier. And Jackson in the third tier. Again, with all four being worthy of being drafted by the middle of the first round.

There's just one we need that will take us to the promised land.

Donnie Crum - QB - Bacone College. Will definitely go UDFA, but is the purest pocket passer since Joe Montana and can throw the ball 80 yards in the air.

Measurements are 6'8" 272 pounds and drinks diesel for breakfast.

22 hours ago, elltrain22 said:

Yeah, I broke my rule!! I think these 6 guys are all first round guys, and after these 6, there is a HUGE drop off. Probably should've put that in my post, but I did state that if I had to pick one, I'd pick Allen over Rudolph

Mayock does it all the time so you're in good company

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

A lot of bubble screens? Rudoloh did most definitely NOT throw a lot of bubble screens. His average air yards per completion is the highest of the QBs in contention to go in the 1st. There are questions about the mental transition, definitely, I don't think he is as bad as progressions as you do but there is certainly a question about the mental transition from a simple offense to a complex NFL one. But the bubble screen comment is just wrong. He threw fewer screens than Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Thank you for giving me an original take, and not just panning the same answer I hear all too often regarding Rudolph, but I still respectfully disagree. I see him go through progressions, and I see him stand in and take a hit yet deliver the ball. Yes, RPO very often, but I didn't see many bubble screens. Also, there's plenty of times he anticipates guys open, meaning he doesn't throw them open like he will have to in the NFL, but he makes the throw before the guy is actually open. He also makes several tight window throws after scanning the field. Earlier in another thread I posted a video and the time marks in the video where he does this. 

His Sophmore and Junior season were much more the way you describe him, but he made some real nice strides in his Senior year in reading the field, setting his feet and doing more of the things you're going to ask him as a Pro to do. Time will tell which of these stand out and which of these flame out, but I dont' think you can put Rudolph in just "any" system, but I do think in the right one, he could be very good. 

If I'm wrong, I'll be eating a big pile of crow in a couple years and I can live with that, because I'm strong in my conviction to this point.

He can definitely stay in the pocket at take a hit.  We agree to disagree overall.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I think you have it right that at Oklahoma the offense is 80-90% RPO.   So is it that he's "way below average", or he just wasn't asked to do it very much?   I believe that's where Beane made the point, you can't hold it against these QB what they were asked to do, you find out what they know and how they can process and retain information. 

I'm not as "down" on Rudolph as you are, but I favor Mayfield and Jackson over him because I see him as having a slower processor; I'm not sure it's his 1st read, maybe it's his 2nd, but he'll be slower (IMO) making decisions and take the safe course (throw it away) because the higher DOD throw is gone by the time he thinks about it.  I'm not sure if that's something that can be sped up.  Mayfield is clearly better at making decisions.

I also think Rudolph runs like a busted mower in high grass and doesn't have as good "pocket sense" for just taking that little dip or step to avoid pressure, and he's at higher risk to be hurt because of it.

1. Mayfield ... Love his fire and leadership

2. Allen ... Great size, solid leader, many say his accuracy issues were due to poor receivers

3. Jackson ... Big arm, great runner, has improved on his accuracy

4. Rosen ... Great size, accurate, not sure about his leadership, reports say his teammates didn't like him

5. Darnold ... Great size and arm but was a turnover machine in high school and in college

Darnold

Rosen

Allen

Mayfield

Rudolph

Jackson

I was a huge Mike Vick fan, and he says Jacksonis 5x better than he ever was. I don’t believe it, but I wish him the best.

Edited by BillsGuru4