Prediction- trade up for Vita Vea

46 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I am generally open to taking BPA, but I agree this year - if you aren’t trading up for a (hopeful) candidate to be the long-term QB, then stay put.

If the Dolphins trade up and I have already allowed for that they might then building a stout defense becomes imperative.  Just our luck that Brady will play at a high level for a few more years, Dolphins get Rosen, and the Jets sign Cousins.  We can look forward to going 1-5 or 0-6 in the division if those unholy stars align and we neglect the defense.  I'm trying to remember Batman's line from the 1966 movie about the team up of Joker, Riddler, Penguin, and Catwoman because that is what it will be like.  

Edited by RochesterRob

9 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

If the Dolphins trade up and I have already allowed for that they might then building a stout defense becomes imperative.  Just our luck that Brady will play at a high level for a few more years, Dolphins get Rosen, and the Jets sign Cousins.  We can look forward to going 1-5 or 0-6 in the division if those unholy stars align.  I'm trying to remember Batman's line from the 1966 movie about the team up of Joker, Riddler, Penguin, and Catwoman because that is what it will be like.  

That's when we suck the league & Baltimore in & switch divisions with the Ravens.

11 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Deep draft for DT.

EXACTLY!!!!  No need to go crazy here.....thankfully calmer heads than our will be conducting this draft.  Put the PIPE down.....

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, freester said:

I can see this happening if Vea is around at pick 16. We would give only a 3rd to move up a few spots.  He is the next Haloti Ngata and we have nothing at DT

I could see McDermott being partial to Harrison Phillips from Stanford later in the draft. They both have wrestling backgrounds plus he's a good player.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

If the Dolphins trade up and I have already allowed for that they might then building a stout defense becomes imperative.  Just our luck that Brady will play at a high level for a few more years, Dolphins get Rosen, and the Jets sign Cousins.  We can look forward to going 1-5 or 0-6 in the division if those unholy stars align and we neglect the defense.  I'm trying to remember Batman's line from the 1966 movie about the team up of Joker, Riddler, Penguin, and Catwoman because that is what it will be like.  

Why would you even put that into the atmosphere?

2 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

That's when we suck the league & Baltimore in & switch divisions with the Ravens.

Or we could build a defense that could realistically get 45 sacks per season and limit opponents to under 100 yards rushing per game.  And give us a chance to win games.  It won't do any good to switch divisions as the Steelers have held our number for a quarter century and the Browns will come out of their 30 year slumber to sweep us year after year.  Heck our long dominance over the Bengals is waning.

1 hour ago, freester said:

I can see this happening if Vea is around at pick 16. We would give only a 3rd to move up a few spots.  He is the next Haloti Ngata and we have nothing at DT

If we trade up for someone that is NOT a QB, then I think the target player is Roquan, not a DT.  Some stud DT's in the first round and one will fall to us.  

19 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I have no idea if this guy will be great or a flop, but to be accurate you're trading a 1st and a 3rd and getting a 1st in return. To be more precise, you're trading a 3rd to move up 5 spots.

And using that 1st round pick on said player.

A 1st and 3rd.