NFL Combine - Measurements, Times, and Other News

thebandit27

1 hour ago, Pete said:

questionable? Have you ever taken a Stats class?  A sample size of 11 provides a better chance, then a sample size of 1.  My point is keep the picks, and add more if you can.  It will be better for the BIlls in the long run with probability 

In pro sports outside of baseball with how specialized pitching has become, talent tops numbers.  Some players can come in and change a franchise others are come in and fit in.  Some cant make it.  Point being, give me a top qb prospect over 3 average to above average players. You hit on Qb it effects your team more than hitting at any other position.  Since the Kelly era Buffalo has hit at every postion in the draft but Qb. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

In pro sports outside of baseball with how specialized pitching has become, talent tops numbers.  Some players can come in and change a franchise others are come in and fit in.  Some cant make it.  Point being, give me a top qb prospect over 3 average to above average players. You hit on Qb it effects your team more than hitting at any other position.  Since the Kelly era Buffalo has hit at every postion in the draft but Qb. 

Correct

6 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

..remarkable isn't it?......or perhaps mind boggling is better....just woeful ineptitude starting with FO to Administration to "Blue Light Specials" coaching staffs...."hitting on every position but" defies logic with what we've had running the ship....missing on THE position (TE comes to mind as a close 2nd) is inexplicable...........

1 minute ago, H2o said:

I'm shocked that Chubb put up a slightly faster 40 time than Michel and that Michel didn't time in the mid 4.4's. Does anyone have the 10 yard split numbers?

Michel has almost identical numbers to Alvin Kamara. Kamara went 3rd round, I'd take Michel in the second round in a heart beat.

12 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Michel has almost identical numbers to Alvin Kamara. Kamara went 3rd round, I'd take Michel in the second round in a heart beat.

I like Michel as well, but I don't see us using a 2nd on a RB though. Another surprise to me was Scarbrough running a 4.52 time. Didn't see that coming. Hines from NC State is a guy that I liked as well long before the combine as a guy we could get in the 4th or 5th. He ran the fastest RB time of the day at 4.38 and I think he will make for a quality backup at the least.

Edited by H2o

6 minutes ago, H2o said:

I like Michel as well, but I don't see us using a 2nd on a RB though. Another surprise to me was Scarbrough running a 4.52 time. Didn't see that coming. Hines from NC State is a guy that I liked as well long before the combine as a guy we could get in the 4th or 5th. He ran the fastest RB time of the day at 4.38 and I think he gonna make for a quality backup at the least.

Yeah I've seen him play a few times...he's a playmaker for sure.

7 minutes ago, Bakin said:

I’ve lied in job interviews before, too...

That's an incredible skill that you have--spotting a liar when you weren't even in the same city when he made the statement 

Maybe let the kid have a chance to prove himself before you pompously proclaim him a liar?

Though if nothing else, we've learned that you're a self-admitted liar, so now we know not to believe a word from you.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, H2o said:

I'm shocked that Chubb put up a slightly faster 40 time than Michel and that Michel didn't time in the mid 4.4's. Does anyone have the 10 yard split numbers?

Copy that, don’t have the splits, but IMO Michel has field/game speed in pads that’s faster than Chubb and most of the prospects.

Similar to Kamara.

On 3/1/2018 at 2:32 PM, thebandit27 said:

I would assume it's because 225 is a standard strength benchmark.  If you're a college football player, and you can't rep out 225 lbs, then you haven't been hitting the gym.

Case-in-point: I'm not a football player, and even at my lightest (I competed in the 148-lb class last August) I can blast out reps of 225 first thing in the morning.

I was putting up 225 in Fr yr high school. Anyone that does any kind of weightlifting can put up 225 at least a few times. 

Brown should be embarrassed.  

4 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

That's an incredible skill that you have--spotting a liar when you weren't even in the same city when he made the statement 

Maybe let the kid have a chance to prove himself before you pompously proclaim him a liar?

Though if nothing else, we've learned that you're a self-admitted liar, so now we know not to believe a word from you.

Cool - if I ever need a job you can triple check my references. 

• Sad 1

Watching Rosen’s interview he comes off as not being totally genuine. Definitely think he is a smart kid but I just had hard time buying some of things he said. Maybe reason why some people question his leadership skills and love for the game.

Edited by billieve420