Congratulations UB Men's BB! 2017-18 MAC Champions...

ricojes

The Bulls beat Akron 80-68 to clinch the regular season MAC championship for the first time in school history!  Winning the regular season MAC championship gives the Bulls the #1 seed in the MAC tournament and guarantees an invite to the NIT.  

UB will open in MAC Tournament play at noon on Thursday, March 8 with a quarterfinal against the 8-9 winner at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland.

I have watched almost all the games (thank you ESPN3) this year, as well as attending a few, and seriously considering making the trip to Cleveland should they advance to the finals.  This is by far the best UB team I have seen and there have been some good teams.  They can score in bunches and a number of players can light it up, they definitely do not rely on one or two players to carry the offense. They do get sloppy at times, but if they can win the MAC tourney, the coach of the team they play will have some sleepless nights leading the dance. 

And only 3 seniors on the roster, so they could go back to back....

GO UB!!!

Edited by ricojes
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The game against Akron on Tuesday, was my first UB basketball game. I need to go to more of these in the coming years. IMO it is way more entertaining then bison's games, as far as attending a "Non major" sporting event. I really hope St. Bonnaventure and UB both make the NCAA tournament.

I watch every game on ESPN3 as well. Brilliant idea to put UB on that platform. (I also watch the women who are having a spectacular year as well.)

I would fly to Cleveland of that weekend if it weren't for obligations I can't get out of. 

P.S. keep an eye on UB football this season. Three legit NFL prospects on that team.

P.S.S. UB@Bowling Green on ESPNU tonight at 6.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

32 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Congratulations Nate Oats, MAC Coach Of The Year!

https://www.ubbullrun.com/2018/3/7/17091722/nate-oats-wins-mac-coach-of-the-year

More

Buffalo’s @nate_oats named 2017-18 MAC Men’s Basketball Coach of the Year! #UBhornsUp #MACtion

DXsbBskWsAEYqxR.jpg

Promo, I told you that when Hurley left the program it was still in a good situation. One man's departure is another person's opportunity. Nate Oats has done a terrific job. The team plays a fast paced game yet they play a very unselfish brand of ball. They are an entertaining team to watch. I would love to see them win a game or two in the tournament. This is a team that in the short run can play with almost everyone. Congratulation. Canisius had a shot at winning their league tournament to get into the dance but they choked by getting away from how they normally play. I'm also rooting for Bonnie to make the tournament. Would love to see all the local programs revitalized. This year they were all good and entertaining. 

3 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Awesome news about Oats,well deserved! Bad news for many though...tomorrows game will only be televised on Spectrum .Radio feed only for me ?

Any chance you can watch on ESPN3/WatchESPN?

The MAC semi is on CBSSN and the final is in ESPN2.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

18 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Nope..I have Directv..all of the regional sports ch's and Espn's.listening on 1520.

I am watching right now on ESPN3. If you have Directv, use your appletv/roku/chromecast/ smarttv and go in through the watch ESPN app.It will ask you to verify your DTV credentials, and then you are okay. 

First time I am watching a UB game this year, they are fun to watch.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I am watching right now on ESPN3. If you have Directv, use your appletv/roku/chromecast/ smarttv and go in through the watch ESPN app.It will ask you to verify your DTV credentials, and then you are okay. 

Some real woofers on that CMU dance squad :lol:

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Thanks..but you lost me at appletv.I am not good with the internet when it comes to doing things like that..I'd be lucky to get something like that done by sundown.Yes..they are fun to watch..highest scoring team in the conference.

7 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Thanks..but you lost me at appletv.I am not good with the internet when it comes to doing things like that..I'd be lucky to get something like that done by sundown.Yes..they are fun to watch..highest scoring team in the conference.

ha, no worries. I assume you have a smartphone no? If so, just go to the app store and download the WatchESPN app..sign in with your DTV credentials, and you can at least watch on your phone. all told you will be done in less than 5 minutes. Although listening on the radio can be just as enjoyable s well.

Should add you can watch on your laptop as well.

http://www.espn.com/watch/player?bucketId=2&id=3303952

12 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Some real woofers on that CMU dance squad :lol:

eh, you would still be outkicking your coverage

Damn, UB cant score all of a sudden

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

You can watch on a computer or your phone too. Load the WatchESPN app.

You think the officiating is a little one-sided? The MAC treats UB like the red-headed stepchild. Maybe it's because they don't have a compass direction in their name.

again, my first time watching them this year, but what a fun team. Looked a little tight down the stretch, but that happens so often in the first game of a trny. 

Look forward to watching the rest of the rest of the tournament.

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

again, my first time watching them this year, but what a fun team. Looked a little tight down the stretch, but that happens so often in the first game of a trny. 

Look forward to watching the rest of the rest of the tournament.

That was a gut check win. CMU got close but UB didn't break.

CJ Massenburg is usually dead on in free throws. Unusual he missed so many. Also normally better from 3. But lots of credit for overcoming a tough shooting day. On to the semis!

The Bulls advanced to a semifinal game at 6:30 p.m. Friday against either No. 4 Ball State or No. 5 Kent State.

The semifinal game will be televised on the CBS Sports Network. Saturday's title game is on ESPN2.

GO BULLS!!!

15 minutes ago, ricojes said:

The Bulls advanced to a semifinal game at 6:30 p.m. Friday against either No. 4 Ball State or No. 5 Kent State.

The semifinal game will be televised on the CBS Sports Network. Saturday's title game is on ESPN2.

GO BULLS!!!

Neither team bothers me..we lost to Kent St. because of lazy play which got the team into foul trouble.

4 hours ago, sodbuster said:

... And Oats gets a 5 year extension. Good day for UBMBB.

That will keep Oats around at least one more year. But when he does go, UB should get a rich buyout. Plus Oats successor is likely his assistant Bryan Hodgson. 

I don't think Oats wanted to leave just yet. As good as his team is this year, his recruiting class is insane (for a school like UB.) They are only getting better. Plus his wife Crystal is still under care at Roswell Park. He's not going to take her away from that until she's in the clear.

Now the school needs to give the women's coach a bump. They are having their best year ever as well.

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That will keep Oats around at least one more year. But when he does go, UB should get a rich buyout. Plus Oats successor is likely his assistant Bryan Hodgson. 

I don't think Oats wanted to leave just yet. As good as his team is this year, his recruiting class is insane (for a school like UB.) They are only getting better. Plus his wife Crystal is still under care at Roswell Park. He's not going to take her away from that until she's in the clear.

Now the school needs to give the women's coach a bump. They are having their best year ever as well.

They have had the #1 recruiting class in the MAC the last few years 

jeremy Harris was the #2 juco player in the country in 2017

35 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Hahah are you joking that UB is paying players :P 

Hey , ya never know. Bazzani was doing some fishy things when he was winning JUCO National Championships ar NCCC.

BUt yes, i was kidding.

11 minutes ago, ricojes said:

Best team in UB history, a few stars had off nights and others picked up the slack.  This team is deep and will compete hard in the dance...GO BULLS!!!

Yep, the bench saved them.   There were some really tight staters there tonight.    And still they scored 76...

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, ricojes said:

Best team in UB history, a few stars had off nights and others picked up the slack.  This team is deep and will compete hard in the dance...GO BULLS!!!

Only losing Clark and Agoriorge next year!

Could really be something.

• Like (+1) 1