Congratulations UB Men's BB! 2017-18 MAC Champions...

ricojes

Buffalo has long been strictly a pro sports town but UB basketball might just become our college crush. Nothing wrong with having 15 home games of entertaining ball with tickets starting at $10, plus free parking. Something to take the family to. And the games only last 2 hours so the kids won't get too fidgety.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Buffalo has long been strictly a pro sports town but UB basketball might just become our college crush. Nothing wrong with having 15 home games of entertaining ball with tickets starting at $10, plus free parking. Something to take the family to. And the games only last 2 hours so the kids won't get too fidgety.

This year all the local teams were good and played an up tempo brand of entertaining ball. Would love to see a weekend of a local tournament.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

This year all the local teams were good and played an up tempo brand of entertaining ball. Would love to see a weekend of a local tournament.

There was a Big 4 tourney at Key Back Center a few years back. Drew about 5K. But it's not a regular thing. I bet if they do it next year it will be a bigger deal.

9 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I see buffalo being a a great MAC football and Basketball school for a long time

but I still give a SLIGHT  edge to the football program since they put players into the NFL

Nobody from UB has played in an actual NBA game in a long time

but their ? program is legitimately good

30 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I see buffalo being a a great MAC football and Basketball school for a long time

but I still give a SLIGHT  edge to the football program since they put players into the NFL

Nobody from UB has played in an actual NBA game in a long time

but their ? program is legitimately good

It's a lot harder to get into the NBA than the NFL, just from the number of players needed plus injuries.

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's a lot harder to get into the NBA than the NFL, just from the number of players needed plus injuries.

That is absolutely correct 

It's tough because honestly their football team is absolutely loaded and they pump so much $$$ into it 

but their bball program is easily on its level if they keep recruiting like they do . It be great to see a UB player in the NBA but I still think they are a bit away

Edited by Buffalo716

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yep

He was a great sub on the Hawks for a 1981 NBA card and computer sim.

I know the 1981 season inside and out, didn't know he played at UB though.

2nd most famous had a stint for Bayern Munich....