Do you think the Jills will ever come back?

Another Fan

7 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I'd like to see the Jills return, but if they don't so be it.

If the team in a moment of clarity, decides to jettison those idiotic snare drummers, that would be addition by subtraction.

Booting the snares, but keeping the bass and toms?

Interesting, but we could try it your way I suppose. 

4 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

None of the comments you've made in this thread really address the question, it's all just trying to bolster some imaginary cred you think you have. A simple yes or no will suffice to answer the question posed. 

No I figure whatever "cred" I have on the board is taking a hit from this thread. Because I am disagreeing with most everyone. Not everybody is in here though so I think the damage won't be so bad.

I was following the flow of conversation but about the question, if I had to guess, and I do. I would guess they won't have Jills any more.

7 hours ago, Augie said:

Maybe they could just have a reunion at my house? That might be fun...

A pretty good angle you came up with outta this. Not bad. Not bad at all!

On 2/22/2018 at 1:22 PM, Lurker said:

The Jills have about as much chance coming back as leather helmets do...

I’m all for leather helmets and no pads. Players would no longer use the helmet and pads as weapons and the concussion concerns would be reduced.

Watch a rugby match. There are no headshots.

wow The answers in this thread are fascinating to me a female... If you don't miss the Jills no big deal. To each his own. I do think many of the views on female beauty and they not being that nice to look at are Ridiculous...Dancers are athletic women and none of them were half as fugly as I dare say most 2BD posters are just sayin'...@-@

and as for BLM liking them so be that too.I dont hate that he likes to watch women dance. Im shocked really that more of the guys here DON'T......muppy

12 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Only if they're going to be Dallas cowgirls level... we don't need a parade of married 7's symbolizing buffalo women

shallow shallow shallow SMH Im biting my tongue here.  ridiculous post.

• Like (+1) 1

No and honestly I could care less about them really did nothing for me as a fan.

I think cheerleaders and other sports that have ice girls etc.. are eventually going to go to the wayside in sports in the next decade. Society is changing pretty quick and a lot of this is seen now as objectifying women by a lot of people not entertainment. Additionally as the NFL tries to expand its viewership and increase all demographics especially female I see them shifting away from that type of piece of entertainment during the game.

Like I said it did nothing for me either way as a fan, but that is just kinda how I see things shaping out.

37 minutes ago, muppy said:

wow The answers in this thread are fascinating to me a female... If you don't miss the Jills no big deal. To each his own. I do think many of the views on female beauty and they not being that nice to look at are Ridiculous...Dancers are athletic women and none of them were half as fugly as I dare say most 2BD posters are just sayin'...@-@

and as for BLM liking them so be that too.I dont hate that he likes to watch women dance. Im shocked really that more of the guys here DON'T......muppy

shallow shallow shallow SMH Im biting my tongue here.  ridiculous post.

Of course you know that people that post that crap are male underwear model's who are 10's but just happen to inhabit internet boards.

The things people will say behind the security blanket of the internet

I thought our jills were beautiful......and I live in California where 10's walk around all day

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/24/2018 at 10:35 AM, BadLandsMeanie said:

These Jills threads make me uncomfortable.

NOBODY else on the whole board likes the Jills? NOBODY else enjoys how they dance and bring beauty and spectacle and a sense of an Event to the game?

NOBODY else likes women around except as a target they can have sex with?

It makes me feel like Bills fans are nasty, mean spirited, and abnormal.

I like women and I like how the Jills dance and cheer because they are so good at it and it is fun and pretty. That used to be normal. Now I am in some strange category of my own. And it makes me uncomfortable.

Why would it not be normal to not care about the Jills? I don't watch football for cheerleaders, and I disagree that it is fun and pretty, or that it brings beauty or spectacle or a sense of event to the game. I think it's dumb, and do kind of think it objectifies the women. But if you like them, good for you. If the Jills came back, I wouldn't much care.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Why would it not be normal to not care about the Jills? I don't watch football for cheerleaders, and I disagree that it is fun and pretty, or that it brings beauty or spectacle or a sense of event to the game. I think it's dumb, and do kind of think it objectifies the women. But if you like them, good for you. If the Jills came back, I wouldn't much care.

I don't have any trouble with your viewpoint. We just have a different take on it. I think the Jills add fun to games when I am there. There is a good hour of games where nothing happens at all. So  that time is when I like the Jills doing their thing. For you they add nothing and I am ok with too.

What I didn't like is the whole business of they are ugly, they are (my word) slutty, they are causing trouble (the Bills caused most of the trouble here), they are being forced to shake and shimmy in scandalous clothing, and so on. Much of what was said is mean spirited. That is what annoyed me.

And last it isn't political, it is cheerleading. That is all it is.

But as far as I like them and you don't particularly like them, ok, no problem there.

Cheerleaders and team sponsored dance squads are irrelevant and serve no actual purpose. I support college cheerleading because they actually compete on their own and it's another way for people to get scholarships; they only cheer at games to help justify their scholarships because the people at the top don't view them as the athletes they actually are. Back in the day cheerleader were useful for motivating fans to cheer and hyping up the crowd; jumbo screens do that now and do it way more effectively. So, if they don't serve an actual purpose, what reason do they have for being at games? If we're pairing nonsense with football and justifying it as crowd hyping, why not just hire a bunch of magicians to pull giant "CLAP" signs out of their hats? Why is anyone on this board calling for a return of the Jills? Don't cover your perviness by claiming you enjoy the "dancing." You can see the same quality "dancing" in your average fitness class at a gym. If you claim you like dance, then go see actual dancing, whatever style that may be. Cheerleaders are as relevant to the game today as pay phone banks are needed at a stadium, they are utterly obsolete.   

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

Cheerleaders and team sponsored dance squads are irrelevant and serve no actual purpose. I support college cheerleading because they actually compete on their own and it's another way for people to get scholarships; they only cheer at games to help justify their scholarships because the people at the top don't view them as the athletes they actually are. Back in the day cheerleader were useful for motivating fans to cheer and hyping up the crowd; jumbo screens do that now and do it way more effectively. So, if they don't serve an actual purpose, what reason do they have for being at games? If we're pairing nonsense with football and justifying it as crowd hyping, why not just hire a bunch of magicians to pull giant "CLAP" signs out of their hats? Why is anyone on this board calling for a return of the Jills? Don't cover your perviness by claiming you enjoy the "dancing." You can see the same quality "dancing" in your average fitness class at a gym. If you claim you like dance, then go see actual dancing, whatever style that may be. Cheerleaders are as relevant to the game today as pay phone banks are needed at a stadium, they are utterly obsolete.   

I keep forgetting that your way of looking at things, is the only way. And I forget that you are the oracle of Truth, revealing the one truth we must all acknowledge. And that you can also look into my mind and see what I really think and feel, even if I, myself, can't. I am sorry that I forget all of that. In my defense I know I am wrong, but I forget because the things you say seem so stupid to me.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I keep forgetting that your way of looking at things, is the only way. And I forget that you are the oracle of Truth, revealing the one truth we must all acknowledge. And that you can also look into my mind and see what I really think and feel, even if I, myself, can't. I am sorry that I forget all of that. In my defense I know I am wrong, but I forget because the things you say seem so stupid to me.

You're pretty terrible at arguing. All you do is whine.