Benjamin Allbright - Bills Calling Around Looking for A Top 10 Pick

sven233

9 hours ago, greeneblitz said:

This would be terrible, Rosen will is not a Buffalo type guy and would be a terrible face of the franchise.

If the Bills identify Rosen as their guy, who are we to argue.

And their is serious dialogue going on between the Bills and Giants. The Giants do believe in Davis Webb. 

Take it for what it's worth.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

If the Bills identify Rosen as their guy, who are we to argue.

And their is serious dialogue going on between the Bills and Giants. The Giants do believe in Davis Webb. 

Take it for what it's worth.

I will take Rosen all day long, best QB in the draft as of now (not sure how Allen will develop or not) IMO...

Relationships help trades. I would be surprised to see NYG go from 2 to 21 &22 - I would expect a trade up higher and then to #2

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If the Giants don’t take a QB at 2, the Colts will trade that pick to Broncos, Jets, or Bills. No way the Colts stay there as they can get same player trading down plus draft picks and they have a ton of needs.

Umm no??

Maybe if they trade to broncos/jets, as you're only risking a couple of spots for the "same player" to be there.

The "same player" will not be there at 21/22 if they trade with the bills, that's the whole point of trading up in the draft, because the "same player" won't be there 18 picks later...

something to keep in mind...

the only players the Bills have talked to so far are the guys that were at the Senior Bowl: Allen, Mayfield, Rudolph, White, Lauletta

anything that says they are all in on Rosen, Darnold, Jackson is pure speculation.  they have scouted them and watched film but still tbd is the interview, measurements, workout, visit

Welp... looks like Albright may have been full of crap (damn it!) - 

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/03/buffalo_bills_have_not_been_engaged_in_talks_to_move_up_in_2018_nfl_draft_says_a.html

Toby Motyka, sports anchor for 13WHAM ABC and Fox Rochester, recently caught up with Schefter at the 2018 NFL Scouting Combine. Motyka took the opportunity to ask Schefter about reports of the Bills reaching out to teams in the top 10 to potentially move up for a quarterback. Schefter told Motyka that he had not had heard of the Buffalo Bills engaging in any talks to move up in the draft as of now.

"No, I've not heard that," Schefter said. "Now that doesn't mean that it couldn't happen, but I know there are people who have said that and suggested that and the people I've dealt with in Buffalo have been very honest to me all along. And they have not confirmed that. So again, anything is possible. And we could get to the draft and they could move up, but that's not my understanding as of today that they have been engaged in any talks to move up in the draft."

Hopefully they're just waiting until after the combine... 

Edited by BillsFan4

17 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

FWIW, which isn't a lot at this stage of the proceedings. 

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

Welp... looks like Albright may have been full of crap (damn it!) - 

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/03/buffalo_bills_have_not_been_engaged_in_talks_to_move_up_in_2018_nfl_draft_says_a.html

Hopefully they're just waiting until after the combine... 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think Schefter really said anything there. His guys in Buffalo wouldn’t confirm it? No ****!

I haven't lost hope by any means yet. 

Its still very very early in the process. Beane and McDermott are too calculated to be ready to trade up for a QB without fully vetting him, or even meeting him yet in some cases.  

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I haven't lost hope by any means yet. 

Its still very very early in the process. Beane and McDermott are too calculated to be ready to trade up for a QB without fully vetting him, or even meeting him yet in some cases.  

All that Allbright said is that they were calling around to discuss comp for moving into top 10. It’s never too early for that. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

All that Allbright said is that they were calling around to discuss comp for moving into top 10. It’s never too early for that. 

True. And I agree. 

I think it was Schefter saying that "they have not been engaged in any talks to move up in the draft" that made me question the Albright report.