Report: College Basketball Corruption Scandal Will Expose Big Name Programs and Coaches

26CornerBlitz

5 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I remember back a few years when their was a report that Jim boehiem was letting players bang one of his assistant coaches wives. The report was ridiculous and I don't believe it was true (the chic was like 60). However I totally believe these kind of things happen at schools. Maybe not coaches wives, but hookers

That rumor was about Bernie Fine’s wife and was proven to be false.  Agreed about teams using sex (strippers/hookers) as recruiting tools.  See Louisville and Rick Pitino who had “no idea” that alums were paying for strippers for high profile recruits.  I think it’s more wide spread than Louisville, obviously.

Seriously?  They can’t find some willing co-eds to take one for the team?

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

After a thorough investigation, the charges against Syracuse were academic fraud (tutor wrote a paper for Fab Melo), and lack of institutional control for players being paid by a YMCA employee for volunteering there.  There was no “plea,” and never any evidence of Syracuse providing financial incentives to recruits.  None.

And if you don’t think Kentucky, or an individual on Kentucky’s behalf (WWW) has been paying recruits, you obviously have not been paying attention. 

It’s all tongue in cheek by now....

as as if you want to claim to be righteous in the college sports mafia system

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

It’s all tongue in cheek by now....

as as if you want to claim to be righteous in the college sports mafia system

Ehh...I don’t claim to know everything, but some know more than others.  And I definitely know a lot more than you do as evidenced by your posts in this thread.  So you, my friend, can go kick rocks.

8 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Ehh...I don’t claim to know everything, but some know more than others.  And I definitely know a lot more than you do as evidenced by your posts in this thread.  So you, my friend, can go kick rocks.

I wouldn't be shocked to see SU involved but I would be surprised.  With the sniffing around lately I feel like we would have heard something.  

I WILL be shocked if UK isn't involved in this.  We already know about Pitino and I think he is the HOF coach and it will be a let down when everything comes out.  I'm thinking Louisville and UK's championships get vacated.  It wouldn't surprise me to see UNC involved either.  Maybe that is why the NCAA went light on them with their academic scandal?  I'm interested to see where this goes but I feel as if it were incredibly explosive details would have leaked not this teaser.

37 minutes ago, section122 said:

I wouldn't be shocked to see SU involved but I would be surprised.  With the sniffing around lately I feel like we would have heard something.  

I WILL be shocked if UK isn't involved in this.  We already know about Pitino and I think he is the HOF coach and it will be a let down when everything comes out.  I'm thinking Louisville and UK's championships get vacated.  It wouldn't surprise me to see UNC involved either.  Maybe that is why the NCAA went light on them with their academic scandal?  I'm interested to see where this goes but I feel as if it were incredibly explosive details would have leaked not this teaser.

Indeed...SU could be one of the programs involved, but I would also be surprised.  Again, they were investigated for several months, allegedly no stone left unturned, and the NCAA found no evidence of paying recruits.  Then again, Louisville got popped for paying a recruit WHILE they were on probation for other offenses.  The balls!   Nothing would shock me at this point.

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

gotta believe Kentucky is a clean program, in these perverse times, because kids are wanting to go there for their 1 and done $120,000,000 contract

it's the schools like Syracuse that have to pay out to attract kids to come to the program... kind of like Tarkanian 2.0 for the Northeast...

Ah, the good old UNLV days!  What a team they had!  

I think they were all like 26 years old playing in college and they were bought with cash, hookers, and Mercedes S-Classes...but what a team! 

Greg Anthony, Larry Johnson, Stacey Augmon...that crew.

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

Ah, the good old UNLV days!  What a team they had!  

I think they were all like 26 years old playing in college and they were bought with cash, hookers, and Mercedes S-Classes...but what a team! 

Greg Anthony, Larry Johnson, Stacey Augmon...that crew.

Did they stay around so long because they didn’t want to face the paycut the NBA represented? 

7 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

That rumor was about Bernie Fine’s wife and was proven to be false.  Agreed about teams using sex (strippers/hookers) as recruiting tools.  See Louisville and Rick Pitino who had “no idea” that alums were paying for strippers for high profile recruits.  I think it’s more wide spread than Louisville, obviously.

Seriously?  They can’t find some willing co-eds to take one for the team?

I'd have to imagine these college players get alot of action from fellow students , especially the big name schools. How could they not? 

Of all the people I have known who have been in the NBA world they say that UNC is one of the dirtiest programs and Dean Smith turned his back on a lot of things. Syracuse has also had its name In the ring as well as Kentucky and Kansas. A former family member was very involved with the NBA on an executive level at one point and still knows many NBA players and coaches