Report: College Basketball Corruption Scandal Will Expose Big Name Programs and Coaches

26CornerBlitz

11 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

If you aren't doing so already, follow Jay Bilas on social media, he is the most vocal person out there calling out the hypocrisy of the NCAA.  He isn't afraid to ruffle any feathers.

He is also high on the ladder of pompous Dookies, and I can’t stand the jerk. He may indeed be right here, but I hate hearing his voice. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Sean Miller?! This is stunning to me. I always loved both the Miller brothers as coaches. Guess we know how he landed all these elite players.

I hope it started when he took the big bucks In Arizona. I fear there were a few guys Book Richardson helped him with before they left Cincinnati. I’m glad they are gone! 

On 2/16/2018 at 1:14 PM, row_33 said:

gotta believe Kentucky is a clean program, in these perverse times, because kids are wanting to go there for their 1 and done $120,000,000 contract

it's the schools like Syracuse that have to pay out to attract kids to come to the program... kind of like Tarkanian 2.0 for the Northeast...

So are you going to say you're wrong or that you have no clue what you're talking about? 

Syracuse has had some down years. Before this year they haven't had any McDonald's all Americans since Malachi Richardson and their one and dones have been weak.

The Fab Melo, and the previous issues are nothing close to what is going on here. Fab Melo was never paid, and the other NCAA sanctions came from Boeheim not abiding by a university rule. Not an NCAA rule regarding informing people of failed drug tests.

Because after all that has came out today, it sounds like you're completely wrong. Actually a week ago your post sounded like bs, I just didn't read it until today.

16 hours ago, eball said:

If what I've learned thus far is true, I don't think UNC has anything to be worried about.

UNC doesn't have anything to worry about because they always get off. That program should be buried, but because of its importance, it never will. Rashad McCants has said enough. 

21 hours ago, eball said:

If what I've learned thus far is true, I don't think UNC has anything to be worried about.

They don't have to worry because they give out loans to regular non-athletes.   That theory has already been proven.  Camouflage works wonders.

15 hours ago, Augie said:

He is also high on the ladder of pompous Dookies, and I can’t stand the jerk. He may indeed be right here, but I hate hearing his voice. 

I’ve grown to appreciate Bilas over the years. He is a bit pompous, and he is a Dukie, but he is one of the only people who “matter” in the world of college basketball that unabashedly speaks the truth about the flaming trash heap that is the NCAA.  Good for him.

15 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:wacko:

If you are outraged by players kneeing for the national anthem or by what Richtie Incognito may or may not have said in a lockroom or in the heat of a football game, but you are not outraged by taxpayers forking over $10M to a guy getting fired FOR CAUSE, you need to wake the !@#$ up.

I've held financial management roles in private enterprises for 25 years and have never once seen or heard of a contract paying 5 cents to someone if they  get fired for cause.

If I was Emperor tomorrow, every person who signed off on this contract on behalf of AZ would be violently executed in the public square.   I'm not even close to joking.  This **** is what is destroying our country.

The day for-profit college sports is completely dismantled will be a great day for this country.

15 hours ago, Virgil said:

Damn. It just got real. I have to think this is the beginning of the end for some major programs. There’s just no way to me that this is confined to a few programs 

And this is all from investigating ONE agent. When you see one cockroach in the kitchen, you can bet he’s not alone. 

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Emmert has to acknowledge the need to change to keep his 7 figure gig. Why didn’t they do that a decade ago? We all knew it was due then. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1