Report: College Basketball Corruption Scandal Will Expose Big Name Programs and Coaches

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

I find it strangely odd you'd advocate paying student athletes, given your general pro-business stance.

Since when does a pro business stance equate to stealing from employees  ^_^

How on earth is a basketball program supposed to prevent some kids dad from taking a few thousand from an agent? Seriously, how can you effectively keep that from happening? Now, if you knowingly enable it, that’s different. And if you are DIRECTLY handing them $100-150k THAT IS A REAL PROBLEM! Punish the hell out of those schools. Turn your back on the free bagel. 

On 2/20/2018 at 8:21 PM, Boyst62 said:

Of all the people I have known who have been in the NBA world they say that UNC is one of the dirtiest programs and Dean Smith turned his back on a lot of things. Syracuse has also had its name In the ring as well as Kentucky and Kansas. A former family member was very involved with the NBA on an executive level at one point and still knows many NBA players and coaches

Riiiiiiiiight.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Few things...

1.  How did Emmert escape having to step down after the MSU mess? 

2.  ASM is really dumb with their money.  Repeatedly the guys didn't sign with them after being given loans :lol:

3.  Didn't see any guys on there that went to SU or that I heard were recruited by SU but I admittedly don't really follow the recruiting trail.  When they list schools it goes like this "Duke, North Carolina, Texas, Kentucky, Michigan State, USC, Alabama and a host of other schools" imo if SU was indicted they would have certainly been listed as they are a much more high profile program than Texas, USC, and Alabama.  Possibly good news there for Cuse.

4.  Agents paying players isn't something that schools should have to monitor.  It should be the NCAA's job to monitor that.  The schools can't be expected to police their athletes to this level.  Schools should have to monitor and get in trouble when their institutions bend or break the rules.  I just rechecked my memory but you have to apply to the NCAA clearinghouse to play sports in school and they verify your amateur status.  This is on the NCAA if these allegations are true.  Will they fine themselves?

4 minutes ago, section122 said:

Few things...

1.  How did Emmert escape having to step down after the MSU mess? 

2.  ASM is really dumb with their money.  Repeatedly the guys didn't sign with them after being given loans :lol:

3.  Didn't see any guys on there that went to SU or that I heard were recruited by SU but I admittedly don't really follow the recruiting trail.  When they list schools it goes like this "Duke, North Carolina, Texas, Kentucky, Michigan State, USC, Alabama and a host of other schools" imo if SU was indicted they would have certainly been listed as they are a much more high profile program than Texas, USC, and Alabama.  Possibly good news there for Cuse.

4.  Agents paying players isn't something that schools should have to monitor.  It should be the NCAA's job to monitor that.  The schools can't be expected to police their athletes to this level.  Schools should have to monitor and get in trouble when their institutions bend or break the rules.  I just rechecked my memory but you have to apply to the NCAA clearinghouse to play sports in school and they verify your amateur status.  This is on the NCAA if these allegations are true.  Will they fine themselves?

Isaiah Whitehead was heavily recruited by Syracuse.  And everyone thought it was strange when he defied expectations and chose Seton Hall ??

7 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Isaiah Whitehead was heavily recruited by Syracuse.  And everyone thought it was strange when he defied expectations and chose Seton Hall ??

Yeah I only know who gets recruited if you post about them lol. :thumbsup:

March Madness will soon look like the NCAA football playoffs.......only 4 teams are eligible. 

The rest gave away an unauthorized bagel or had a kids dad take a couple grand from an agent under the table....that the kid may not even have known about. I’d be OK with starting over with a new governing body. The NCAA is a friggin’ mess.

Let the FBI focus on real problems, like school shooters they can’t find even after being given his name and his desire to be a professional school shooter.

The timing of this is just terrible for both the NCAA and the FBI. 

• Like (+1) 1