Do you think Reich might be able to secure a HC position now?

Another Fan

39 minutes ago, Badthingsman said:

He is a great guy.  Can you not be an **** in the NFL as an HC?

Anthony Dungy.   Coughlin did ease up a little the years the Giants won.  John Madden I think was a players coach.

But yeah wonder if there's been studies hardasses make better NFL coaches

13 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Simmer yer shorts. Never said it "disqualified" him. Matter of fact I said twice I thought he would get a HC job. 

Can you maybe, inform me why he's not JAG as a coach? List some accomplishments he's had as a coach. He was part of the team that just won the Super Bowl. There's one. What else? 

He has been a coach in the NFL for 10 years.

He was QB coach for the Colts and Chargers

He was OC in SD and Philly.

Tat's a better resume than probably half the HC's hired and fired in the past 5 years.

What else are you looking for?

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He has been a coach in the NFL for 10 years. 

He was QB coach for the Colts and Chargers

He was OC in SD and Philly.

Tat's a better resume than probably half the HC's hired and fired in the past 5 years.

What else are you looking for?

Ok, so he has been employed. So what? What has he done?

Even in his greatest (and only real accomplishment) as a coach being the OC in Philly, it's his QB coach that has gotten recognition for developing Wentz. He doesn't call plays.  Again...what has he done? And I'm not talking about every other coach I'm talking about Reich specifically. I can answer that if need be.

I get it, he used to play here. You recall the name and some of his heroics. You like him and he is a likeable guy. But he hasn't done anything at all for me to be excited about as a coach. He will get a shot sooner or later, and I hope he does extremely well.

Alex Van Pelt is a better coach than Reich and will make a better OC one day.  I don't get the Reich hype except that he is a good guy much like McD.  I don't think he has any special talents that would make him a successful head coach otherwise

18 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Ok, so he has been employed. So what? What has he done?

Even in his greatest (and only real accomplishment) as a coach being the OC in Philly, it's his QB coach that has gotten recognition for developing Wentz. He doesn't call plays.  Again...what has he done? And I'm not talking about every other coach I'm talking about Reich specifically. I can answer that if need be.

I get it, he used to play here. You recall the name and some of his heroics. You like him and he is a likeable guy. But he hasn't done anything at all for me to be excited about as a coach. He will get a shot sooner or later, and I hope he does extremely well.

Sorry man.  I tried to help you out.  His resume is what it is.  You claim it's all fake, like he was just a guy hanging out, I  get it.  You nothing about what his input or influence was in "developing Wentz", compared to the "QB coach"---who always "didn't call plays", yet he is going to Minny to call plays.  Why are they hiring some QB coach to call their offense?  He's a JAG who plays catch with Wentz at practice, no?

You can't ask "what has he done" and call him a JAG---both as reasons as to why he in particular should NOT be considered as a potential HC without comparing him to guys who were hired.  That makes no sense at all.

"He's a JAG"....well, compared to who?  All other HC's are/were not JAGs?

32 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Sorry man.  I tried to help you out.  His resume is what it is.  You claim it's all fake, like he was just a guy hanging out, I  get it.  You nothing about what his input or influence was in "developing Wentz", compared to the "QB coach"---who always "didn't call plays", yet he is going to Minny to call plays.  Why are they hiring some QB coach to call their offense?  He's a JAG who plays catch with Wentz at practice, no?

You can't ask "what has he done" and call him a JAG---both as reasons as to why he in particular should NOT be considered as a potential HC without comparing him to guys who were hired.  That makes no sense at all.

"He's a JAG"....well, compared to who?  All other HC's are/were not JAGs?

Put stuff in "quotations" all you "want" but you still haven't done what I simply asked. You "tried to help me out" by constantly "putting words in my mouth" and keep "shifting what it is" I am talking about. 

All I have asked is what makes him special? What has he done? Your constant misdirections only confirm that either you "don't know what you are talking about" or he hasn't "accomplished a thing on his own".

You keep claiming I am trying to disqualify him as a head coach when I have gone out of my way to say I think he will find a HC position. I do believe I'm done discussing the topic with you until you can add anything interesting or intelligent to enlighten me as to what he has accomplished or why he's so special.

3 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Put stuff in "quotations" all you "want" but you still haven't done what I simply asked. You "tried to help me out" by constantly "putting words in my mouth" and keep "shifting what it is" I am talking about. 

All I have asked is what makes him special? What has he done? Your constant misdirections only confirm that either you "don't know what you are talking about" or he hasn't "accomplished a thing on his own".

You keep claiming I am trying to disqualify him as a head coach when I have gone out of my way to say I think he will find a HC position. I do believe I'm done discussing the topic with you until you can add anything interesting or intelligent to enlighten me as to what he has accomplished or why he's so special.

If you have been paying attention, instead of endlessly repeating himself, I have not said he is "special", only that his experience as it is, makes him at least as qualified to be a HC (or more so) than many before him.  So I don't think that can make him a JAG in any logical sense.  Which ones accomplished "a thing on their own"?  (That's a new and unique concept that you need to flesh out a little...).

You come back with "he didn't call the plays".

You should bail out.  You're spinning your wheels.

4 hours ago, kdiggz said:

Alex Van Pelt is a better coach than Reich and will make a better OC one day.  I don't get the Reich hype except that he is a good guy much like McD.  I don't think he has any special talents that would make him a successful head coach otherwise

...hard to imagine that AVP broke EVERY Marino record at Pitt.......he deserves another shot somewhere especially after Rodger's rant......who knows...maybe Daboll brings him in as QB Coach and moves Culley back to his usual WR Coach spot....stay tuned................

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:05 PM, Another Fan said:

As I think mentioned before he was getting permission to be interviewed for the Colts job.  I imagine though with the Eagles just winning the Super Bowl that certainly makes his resume stand out even more.

Somewhere I read he gets overlooked a lot because he's too nice a guy.  I think after Marrone left he got interviewed for the position here.  When Rex got hired being the class act he is he still had good things to say about Ryan and how he was the right fit.

He got a Super Bowl ring, but would be nice to see a solid guy like that get a HC position instead of say the Rex Ryan's of the world.  Of course that's if he wants it 

There is no way any team is going to hire this guy.  Never.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/10/2018 at 10:51 AM, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Sounds like he stole your lunch box! :lol:

23 hours ago, mead107 said:

Happy that he gets his shot 

Me too.