What trips do you have planed fo this year

mead107

It's been a real ****ty last couple of months for me and my bride.We plan to get away the first week of June (wedding vow exchange week).I brought up Vancouver..she said no.Our honeymoon was in Aruba..I brought up a second stay..she said no.We like music..I brought up New Orleans or Austin for another visit...she said no.At this point I don't have anymore suggestions for her to think about.Maybe Nashville/Memphis?

Bachelor party weekend in Myrtle Beach in March.  Rented a 6 BR house on the beach...one of my best friends getting hitched, and it’s going to be a **** show.  Golf, nudie bars, and all sorts of debauchery.  St Patrick’s day weekend.  

Wedding in Fort Lauderdale in April.  Take a trip to Wells Beach, Maine with the family for a week in the summer time.  Good times.

20 minutes ago, mrags said:

St. Lucia in May. 

Habent decoded wjere else but there here will be at least one more trip this year 

I went for the holidays. Beautiful island. Where will you be staying?

for those of you who haven’t been, Portugal is very nice.

We have a week in Hilton Head Island, SC  booked in May. Already rented a house in Harbor Town looking over the 18th hole with a view of the sound. Pretty cool looking place. Lots of friends and family joining us. LOTS! 

The wife has promised to finally get to Europe with me in the Fall. She’s been many times, so I get put off. She travels a lot for work, which looks like it may even expand, but it’s time to enjoy life a bit. Take that advice, folks. 

I'm just starting to plan our (my son and me) annual trip to NYC.  I was thinking of doing a day at Coney Island and started another thread looking for info.

Other than that, I'd like to do another 4-day driveable trip over the summer.  Was going to go to a friend's pig roast, but it was canceled.

Then, of course, there's Bills games.  I'm definitely doing one with my son this year (will be his first) and would like to do another game solo.

Edited by Gugny

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm just starting to plan our (my son and me) annual trip to NYC.  I was thinking of doing a day at Coney Island and started another thread looking for info.

Other than that, I'd like to do another 4-day driveable trip over the summer.  Was going to go to a friend's pig roast, but it was canceled.

Then, of course, there's Bills games.  I'm definitely doing one with my son this year (will be his first) and would like to do another game solo.

DUH? How did I miss that? I’ve been catching Bills road games the last few years. It’s time to get back to WNY. It’s been way too long!  There’s no good excuse for me not to be traveling more. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, mead107 said:

Wife and I have 2. 

Trip out to see the pioneer women’s place. 

Trip to Maine 

have 2 weddings, July and October 

what’s on your agenda? 

Where are the weddings? 

We did Bar Harbor, Maine years ago and spent the most we have every personally paid for a hotel. BEAUTIFUL, but my feet turned blue at the “beach” and there was so much fog the sight seeing trolley consisted of seeing....fog,  Lobster everywhere! 

My wife was chairing the Catholic Charities Ball several months away from the Bar Harbor trip and the Bishop notified us the first day he nixed all the work done because it was the “Hope Ball” and someone hours away in the diocese had used the word “Hope” for something about people in Africa. I’ve never punched a Bishop before, so it’s a good thing I was in Maine.  We eventually made up when she performed a miracle with the event. 

Edited by Augie

14 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

My girl and I are also going to Maine. Portland.

Any suggestions on what to do around there greatly appreciated.

I gotta hunch you may not like it.  It appears Portland, Maine is the LeftCoast of the EastCoast...:lol:

Years ago, this Outlander never ventured further up the coast past the beaches of Ogunquit, Maine... And never more inland than S.Berwick, ME.

Sorry...  That's all I know...  Can't help you out too much here.  All I know of the place is from when we visited an art gallery in Sheboygan, Wisconsin... 5 years ago.  Before that many art galleries.  I was 45 years old.  There was a display by an artist: Brett Walker.  He was 28 years old when he did this brilliant piece!

"Drinking The Ocean Through A Straw, 2011"

http://everybodydoesntlikebrettwalker.com/drinking-the-ocean-through-a-straw

"My name is Brett Walker, I am 28 years old and currently live in San Francisco, California.  My name is Brett Walker, I am 28 years old and currently live in San Francisco, California.  Before I lived in San Francisco I lived in Seattle, Washington & before I lived in Seattle, Washington I lived in Portland, Maine. I lived in Portland, Maine for almost 3 years.  Before I lived in Portland, Maine I lived in Seattle, Washington, again, for the first time. Before Seattle, I lived in Portland, Oregon where I grew up..."

Pretty deep piece... Still resonates with me years later! I will be 50 in 3 days.

:D<_<

Don't go... Your head will explode.

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I gotta hunch you may not like it.  It appears Portland, Maine is the LeftCoast of the EastCoast...:lol:

Years ago, this Outlander never ventured further up the coast past the beaches of Ogunquit, Maine... And never more inland than S.Berwick, ME.

Sorry...  That's all I know...  Can't help you out too much here.  All I know of the place is from when we visited an art gallery in Sheboygan, Wisconsin... 5 years ago.  Before that many art galleries.  I was 45 years old.  There was a display by an artist: Brett Walker.  He was 28 years old when he did this brilliant piece!

"Drinking The Ocean Through A Straw, 2011"

http://everybodydoesntlikebrettwalker.com/drinking-the-ocean-through-a-straw

"My name is Brett Walker, I am 28 years old and currently live in San Francisco, California.  My name is Brett Walker, I am 28 years old and currently live in San Francisco, California.  Before I lived in San Francisco I lived in Seattle, Washington & before I lived in Seattle, Washington I lived in Portland, Maine. I lived in Portland, Maine for almost 3 years.  Before I lived in Portland, Maine I lived in Seattle, Washington, again, for the first time. Before Seattle, I lived in Portland, Oregon where I grew up..."

Pretty deep piece... Still resonates with me years later! I will be 50 in 3 days.

:D<_<

Don't go... Your head will explode.

Too late, hotel's booked. I don't mind visiting liberal shitholes. I just don't like living in them ;)

• Haha (+1) 2