5 Bold Predictions For The Bills Offseason

corta765

4 hours ago, corta765 said:

Here are five bold predictions I have for the Bills offseason. Agree with them, rip them apart, or make your own!

1. The Bills do NOT draft a QB in the upcoming draft. The team instead strengthens the defensive front 7 drafting a DT and LB with their first two picks due to the fact the cost to move up for one of the top QBs is too steep.

2. Instead Josh McCown is signed and the QB competition is between him and Peterman. The Bills seem very invested in Peterman and sign JoshMcCown as a stable force for the QB spot so if Peterman can't cut it they have a capable starter.

3. Charles Clay is cut despite having his best season yet as a Bill. Nick O'Leary and Logan Thomas development allows the Bills to shed salary on Clay whose numbers never were enough to justify his contract.

4. WR Mike Wallace is signed to strengthen the WR corp and the Bills list Zay Jones fourth on the depth chart behind him and Deonte Thompson. Instead of the draft the Bills add a proven capable vet to take the 2nd WR spot who has speed. Despite the stories of Zay Jones rebounding, Deonte Thompson still out performs him early on in the spring practices to hold the 3rd WR spot.

5. The Bills are not only gifted a MNF game at home against the Jags but return to SNF for the first time in years to face the Indianapolis Colts who are coached by Frank Reich. The Bills finally make their return to SNF against Indy who hires former Buffalo Bill Frank Reich as coach to revive the Colts and Lucks career. (BUF wins on a last second 49 yard FG 22-20 that just stays inside the right upright :) )

Josh McCown and Nate Peterman  :lol: 

YUCK!!!!!

Highly doubt it.

1 hour ago, horned dogs said:

:huh:

You really are one of the best posters....so I'll go with this!

I think Corta takes interesting stances and he's not an idiot.  I've given Kirby and Gunner more thumbs up than I have for probably anyone else on the board, but if you feel it necessary to call somewhat out on this sort of thing, more power to you.

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

People will be lining up to cancel tickets.  

I don't think predicting what you think will happen = what you want to happen.  Personally, I am hoping Beane is serious about finally getting a franchise qb, but that it could play out in a way contrary to my hopes is not incredible.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I think Corta takes interesting stances and he's not an idiot.  I've given Kirby and Gunner more thumbs up than I have for probably anyone else on the board, but if you feel it necessary to call somewhat out on this sort of thing, more power to you.

He dude no offense. I just think 300 and some posts is a little on the light side...but thats just me....gotta prove it.

2 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

He dude no offense. I just think 300 and some posts is a little on the light side...but thats just me....gotta prove it.

That's cool.  I generally think you're a good poster too, btw.  I don't have to agree with someone all the time to appreciate the cut of mind.  I think you can discern that fairly quickly.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think so too on that. I think one of the top 4 falling to 21 is unlikely.

I think for the first time in a long time there's a QB market that actually might eclipse the need... I only see 3 teams desperately in need of a QB in the draft (assuming, like i do, that Cousins will sign with Denver or NYJ) in front of us: Cle, Nyj/Den, and Arizona. While I think it's possible that Miami, the Chargers, and the Giants are in the need of a QB, I think it's unlikely they will draft a first rounder. 

We live in a weird NFL these days where quarterbacks are playing into their 40's and guys that the league passed over are being coached into relevancy. I think that as the market $ goes up, the overall worth of quarterbacks is going down. I could be completely wrong, but that's kind of a trend I see. 

Also while we used to live in a world where teams would draft their next guy up in the first round 3 years in advance, that just isn't the case anymore. Andy Reid is a throwback so he did, but even then, he was forced to move his guy after one year because of the expectations put on 1st round QBs. 

For teams with signal callers in their mid to late thirties (Giants, Chargers, Saints) the idea of getting some key pieces and taking advantage of the remaining window is as appealing as looking for the next guy up. Especially when you consider how short HC tenures are these days. 

Again, All my opinion subject to ridicule. 

48 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Haha I get it. I am a refugee from BBMB so I am still learning my way around. I really don't try to attack people and I enjoy disagreement. I think you reach a better place as long as both sides are civil and sometimes I have found the others persons point by the end to be more correct then my own. In general most posters on here I think are pretty good unless we descend down the Patriots tunnel which some real hardcore bias show from certain people but that is what it is.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think so too on that. I think one of the top 4 falling to 21 is unlikely.

I actually think we will see a run on QB's in the top 15. This class especially has a ton of potential and there are a lot of teams willing to gamble I think to see what a guy like Josh Allen could do after a year on the bench.

Personally if the Bills could somehow get up to the Niners spot at 9 without sacrificing both 1st round picks I'd be pumped.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, corta765 said:

Here are five bold predictions I have for the Bills offseason. Agree with them, rip them apart, or make your own!

1. The Bills do NOT draft a QB in the upcoming draft. The team instead strengthens the defensive front 7 drafting a DT and LB with their first two picks due to the fact the cost to move up for one of the top QBs is too steep.

2. Instead Josh McCown is signed and the QB competition is between him and Peterman. The Bills seem very invested in Peterman and sign JoshMcCown as a stable force for the QB spot so if Peterman can't cut it they have a capable starter.

3. Charles Clay is cut despite having his best season yet as a Bill. Nick O'Leary and Logan Thomas development allows the Bills to shed salary on Clay whose numbers never were enough to justify his contract.

4. WR Mike Wallace is signed to strengthen the WR corp and the Bills list Zay Jones fourth on the depth chart behind him and Deonte Thompson. Instead of the draft the Bills add a proven capable vet to take the 2nd WR spot who has speed. Despite the stories of Zay Jones rebounding, Deonte Thompson still out performs him early on in the spring practices to hold the 3rd WR spot.

5. The Bills are not only gifted a MNF game at home against the Jags but return to SNF for the first time in years to face the Indianapolis Colts who are coached by Frank Reich. The Bills finally make their return to SNF against Indy who hires former Buffalo Bill Frank Reich as coach to revive the Colts and Lucks career. (BUF wins on a last second 49 yard FG 22-20 that just stays inside the right upright :) )

Did you change your name?

On 2/7/2018 at 11:54 AM, corta765 said:

Burn it and leave no traces behind. :sick:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

7 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

I might be understanding this wrong but the numbers look like there is no way we'd cut Clay.  He's a good starter and from this site it looks like we'd take a huge dead cap hit.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/charles-clay-7893/

Yup, makes no sense. Clay is good, we just need a QB to consistently to throw him the ball. He missed 3 games not including the one he left early and still was our leading receiver when it came to yards. 

13 hours ago, whatdrought said:

1- Buffalo signs Star Lotulelei to a modest deal. (expect him to take a little less money to be able to play for McD.) 

2- TT gets traded (potentially with a package with Glenn) to a surprise team (think Cin, Jax, Cle, etc) 

3- One of the top 4 QB's falls to #21 and the bills select him. 

4- Bills draft Harrison Phillips at 22.
5- Bills make a splash in FA by signing a cap causality like Robert Quinn, Mark Barron, Demarius Thomas, or the like. 

What about trading TT and Glenn to Denver for Demarious and a 3rd?

A trade up with 21 next year first and maybe this year 2nd or player (s) and a trade down with 22 maybe out of 1st round especially if you get  a 1st next year. QB and DT with the two selections in no preference.

In FA 3 LB and one of those is cut in preseason

8 hours ago, Pete said:

What about trading TT and Glenn to Denver for Demarious and a 3rd?

Not a horrible idea, but Elway has to go all in at QB and I doubt Taylor is realistic and for the $ he wouldn't be a backup. This would make sense if they draft a guy at 5 and want TT as a bridge. 

The more I think about it the more I wonder about TT to Cincinnati... They are in desperate need of success and they have one of the most "white bread" QB's in the league(not race, just meaning play style) who has struggled lately. I wonder if throwing in a very different player for some competition wouldn't look good. 

Then again, they did just extend Marvin Lewis, so maybe they're content with the same old same old.