Pats "Locker room divided"?

CLTbills

1 hour ago, LA Grant said:

Wrong decision to bench him, I think. The team is better with him on the field. Maybe they win the game with Butler.  If him being late or caught with weed had a noticeable impact on his play in the game, pull him and bench him. If not, then -- punish him later. Cut him the day after to make your point.

But this, even Marrone wouldn't be this stubborn. It's the Super Bowl and you're so used to being there, you're willing to put minor transgressions, really just for being insubordinate, ahead of the well-being of the team as a whole. I can definitely see that bothering players.

He will be a free agent; cutting him after season does nothing but benefit him allowing him to go into free agency legally (not that Pats* are big on that) early.

And he was active, they choose not to use him except for one special teams play.  If a CB was injured who knows if he would have played on defense.

6 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I have to support Belichick on the decision, and I cant believe I'm doing so.  Missing a team flight, skipping a meeting, getting caught with pot.  Yeah, that should all be worthy of being benched.

Im sure all those incidents triggered and led into each other .

That sucks,  everyone on that team lost in that situation 

32 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

So long snappers are not normal?  Let Jon's wife know that.  

Yeah they stated it in article he did not take a defensive snap but since I did not know why; he was healthy enough to be dressed.

He's not normal, he's special... Why they call it "special teams."

She'll love him even more.

:P

31 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

Im sure all those incidents triggered and led into each other .

That sucks,  everyone on that team lost in that situation 

And that's exactly how we are like it.

Patriots are now 5-5 in SuperBowls.  They'd be 0-10 without cheating, collapsing opposing teams, arrogant opposing coaches, and a few well placed kicks.

The Gods balanced the few well placed video cameras with a message of their own.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I find these tweets hard to believe.

First of all, these are grown men. I'm not so sure they are getting room inspections. I could be wrong, but it is hard for me to believe they inspect players rooms on road trips. 

Secondly, the law enforcement knowing he came back after curfew just seems like a stretch also. I don't know who these people are whose tweets are being posted, but this is a great story to look for attention.

Malcolm wasn't in his room... let's call the cops. Does this seem like something that wouldn't get leaked? The pats are calling cops to the hotel because he's not in before curfew?

It's bizarre, but to try to punish a guy when he clearly can help your team, it's the Superbowl, and he won't be your head case after the year. You make the adjustment and play him. That's pragmatism. 

Why would belichick want to keep a pot head around? They've thrown him bad offers and have shown little intention of keeping him.

9 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I have to support Belichick on the decision, and I cant believe I'm doing so.  Missing a team flight, skipping a meeting, getting caught with pot.  Yeah, that should all be worthy of being benched.

Missed the team flight with the flu.

Don't know about skipping a meeting.

Getting caught with pot has never been confirmed. You're wrong on 2/3. Probably all of them.

5 hours ago, LA Grant said:

Wrong decision to bench him, I think. The team is better with him on the field. Maybe they win the game with Butler.  If him being late or caught with weed had a noticeable impact on his play in the game, pull him and bench him. If not, then -- punish him later. Cut him the day after to make your point.

But this, even Marrone wouldn't be this stubborn. It's the Super Bowl and you're so used to being there, you're willing to put minor transgressions, really just for being insubordinate, ahead of the well-being of the team as a whole. I can definitely see that bothering players.

I don't see it as being about stubbornness. It's about having principles and living with them. Not just living with them when it's convenient. 

And yeah, I can see it bothering players. Belichick's never worried about that, and for good reason.

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Just saying. 

Belichick and the Patriots do some strange **** sometimes, but I'd be willing to bet a whole lot of money the locker room and the team will be just fine come September of next season and they'll be winning per the norm(unless Brady calls it quits).

Yup. Hope one of them calls it quits, but if neither does, this won't even be remembered.

9 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

He's not normal, he's special... Why they call it "special teams."

She'll love him even more.

:P

And that's exactly how we are like it.

Patriots are now 5-5 in SuperBowls.  They'd be 0-10 without cheating, collapsing opposing teams, arrogant opposing coaches, and a few well placed kicks.

The Gods balanced the few well placed video cameras with a message of their own.

Probably wouldn't even be 0-10... Because they probably wouldn't have been in nearly as many SB's without cheating.

• Like (+1) 1

not only divided   whiny little bitches 

Only one Patriots player spoke on locker-cleanout day

The Patriots returned to Massachusetts not as Super Bowl victors for the sixth time but as runners-up for the fifth. As they cleaned out their lockers and exited the facility for the finally time of the 2017-18 season, only one player spoke to the media. Via NBC Sports 

“I ain’t got nothing for you,” Bademosi said. “I don’t owe you guys sh-t.”

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

The Patriots returned to Massachusetts not as Super Bowl victors for the sixth time but as runners-up for the fifth. As they cleaned out their lockers and exited the facility for the finally time of the 2017-18 season, only one player spoke to the media. Via NBC Sports 

Yeah, I saw lots of stuff going around last night about Brady not going to even shake Nick Foles' hand after the game. 

Brady is the definition of a whiny little B word

8 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I find these tweets hard to believe.

First of all, these are grown men. I'm not so sure they are getting room inspections. I could be wrong, but it is hard for me to believe they inspect players rooms on road trips. 

Secondly, the law enforcement knowing he came back after curfew just seems like a stretch also. I don't know who these people are whose tweets are being posted, but this is a great story to look for attention.

Malcolm wasn't in his room... let's call the cops. Does this seem like something that wouldn't get leaked? The pats are calling cops to the hotel because he's not in before curfew?

It's bizarre, but to try to punish a guy when he clearly can help your team, it's the Superbowl, and he won't be your head case after the year. You make the adjustment and play him. That's pragmatism. 

Why would belichick want to keep a pot head around? They've thrown him bad offers and have shown little intention of keeping him.

Missed the team flight with the flu.

Don't know about skipping a meeting.

Getting caught with pot has never been confirmed. You're wrong on 2/3. Probably all of them.

Try looking around and reading.  Works wonders.

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

“I ain’t got nothing for you,” Bademosi said. “I don’t owe you guys sh-t.”

Reading things like this makes me enjoy the outcome even more!

For some reason Pats fans and players seem extra miserable about this one. Right after the game I was more relieved than anything else. As the week goes on I am feeling happier and happier about it now that it is sinking in a bit more.

Keep these stories about poor sports, miserable Patriots players/coaches, and whining fans coming!

• Like (+1) 1