DeShone Kizer in Buffalo

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

All that to take a chance on someone who could be the next Kizer.....

At one point Kizer was Darnold/Allen/other top prospect. The year before he was drafted I remember people talking about him as a top pick

That is true. His stock dipped when Brian Kelly benched him and his team was awful.

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

Hopefully you don't want to dump Hotrod due to a lack of clutchiness. Kizer is about as unclutch as you can get.

I would not see it as swapping one for the other as I don’t see Kizer stepping in as the starter. It’s swapping a big cap hit and a guy you were going to move on from anyway for the equivalent of a mid round pick that’s a developmental backup QB. 

You all expect way too much from young QB's...  It takes time to master an NFL offense and the physical tools Kizer has should make it a no brainier if he could be had at the price. 

No matter what your stance is on him or any other QB on the roster, adding another quality prospect with Peterman and possibly a not yet drafted QB would be a prudent move if available if we could pull it off, surely we could hit on one with 3 lottery tickets.

43 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

He didn't have the best rookie season and I've taken my shots at him - he needs to grow up. But he has all the tools to develop into a good QB in the NFL, it's just not gonna happen for him overnight. Upgrade to Peterman as a backup if it happens.  

If he was able to stay in school one more year he would be mentioned in the top 5 QB prospects  coming out this draft. I almost wish he was able to stay with ND one more year, they would've been even better with him. 

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would not see it as swapping one for the other as I don’t see Kizer stepping in as the starter. It’s swapping a big cap hit and a guy you were going to move on from anyway for the equivalent of a mid round pick that’s a developmental backup QB. 

I think we should be trying to win in 2018/19,  not save money. The future is now.

43 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Hopefully you don't want to dump Hotrod due to a lack of clutchiness. Kizer is about as unclutch as you can get.

Personally, I'm not sure I want to dump Tyrod at all; I think Buffalo is overwhelmingly likely to downgrade at QB this season by getting rid of Tyrod. But if the front office has decided they simply do not want him next season, I think a swap with Cleveland makes sense. Gets Buffalo a prospect with some potential. Gives Cleveland a competent starting QB on an expiring deal while they develop their future QB.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

If Belichik traded an expensive QB they didn’t want and were going to cut for Kizer as a backup to develop, everyone would scream “4D chess”!

Well, one poster certainly would.