Von Miller's road map to Beat Brady

Nice article from the Players Tribune on the gameplan the Broncos used to beat the Pats in the AFC Championship game

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/von-miller-broncos-how-to-beat-tom-brady-patriots/

PS contains some wonderful clips of Brady going down under a rush of orange.

Those just rest me and make me feel all serene when I watch them.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Nice article from the Players Tribune on the gameplan the Broncos used to beat the Pats in the AFC Championship game

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/von-miller-broncos-how-to-beat-tom-brady-patriots/

Another testimony to the capability of Wade Phillips in designing plans.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

1. Break his helmet radio.

2. Punch him in the vagina.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

1. Break his helmet radio.

2. Punch him in the vagina.

There is probably something more despicably misogynist than implying a man has the organ most get born through, then suggesting it be abused.

Give me just a minute, I'm sure I'll think of it.    Your mother would be so proud.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Lol yet if it wasn't for a missed point after by Gostowski that game goes into OT and the Pats with momentum.. 

point being even THAT great team who hit Brady like a pinyatta the Pats were in position to send it to OT because Brady for whatever reason has that ability to come up Big in crunch time. 

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Great find. 

It's frustrating. There's more and more good writing out there. It's already too much and now there's more. Of course, the bad and mediocre writing absolutely dwarfs the good stuff, but even so there's too much good stuff out there to read. And now the Players Tribune comes in.

Sigh. 

Anyway, loved this part:

"Like … are you one of those people who gets mad because it feels like the Patriots get every call?

"Well, regardless of what the Internet says, it’s not because the refs are helping them out.

"It’s because people do dumb stuff when they play the Patriots.

"I’m telling you, most guys’ intensity meter goes way up when they play against Tom Brady and the Patriots. And when you’re overexcited or just trying too hard to make a play, that’s when you make mistakes.

"I want to sack every quarterback I play against. But do I want to sack Tom Brady any more than the other guys? Of course, I do. I like to compete against the best, and let’s face it: Tom Brady’s the G.O.A.T. That’s why when I sack him, it just feels … better. It’s not just another sack.

"So if you’re a defensive back, don’t tell me that when the ball’s in the air and you have a beat on it that you’re not out there thinking, Im’ma get me a pick off Tom Brady!

"I know that’s what you’re thinking.

"And Tom knows that, too.

"So what he’ll do is, he’ll try to draw the pass interference penalty. He won’t just put the ball where only his receiver can get it. He’ll put the ball where the DB has to go through the receiver to get it. Because Tom knows how bad the DB wants that pick, and that he’s gonna be overexcited, and he’s gonna go balls to the wall to try to make a big play instead of making the smart play.

"And that’s when the flags come out."

Not that this will actually end the conspiracy theories. But it should. But the conspiracy guys are too nuts to listen to reason.

Anyway, good find.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Great find. 

It's frustrating. There's more and more good writing out there. It's already too much and now there's more. Of course, the bad and mediocre writing absolutely dwarfs the good stuff, but even so there's too much good stuff out there to read. And now the Players Tribune comes in.

Sigh. 

Anyway, loved this part:

"Like … are you one of those people who gets mad because it feels like the Patriots get every call?

"Well, regardless of what the Internet says, it’s not because the refs are helping them out.

"It’s because people do dumb stuff when they play the Patriots.

"I’m telling you, most guys’ intensity meter goes way up when they play against Tom Brady and the Patriots. And when you’re overexcited or just trying too hard to make a play, that’s when you make mistakes. (....)

"And Tom knows that, too.

"So what he’ll do is, he’ll try to draw the pass interference penalty. He won’t just put the ball where only his receiver can get it. He’ll put the ball where the DB has to go through the receiver to get it. Because Tom knows how bad the DB wants that pick, and that he’s gonna be overexcited, and he’s gonna go balls to the wall to try to make a big play instead of making the smart play.

"And that’s when the flags come out."

Not that this will actually end the conspiracy theories. But it should. But the conspiracy guys are too nuts to listen to reason.

Anyway, good find.

Thanks!  I'm sure what Von Miller describes is part of it.

It's all part of the "be one of the big dogs" in a big game - there's a thin line between hyped up and over-hyped

I do believe I see penalties committed by the Pats that aren't called

I know the refs don't see every penalty or call every penalty, I do feel I see penalties that aren't called against the Pats, and are called against their opponents.

I don't know that there has to be a grand conspiracy - I think we all see what we expect to see, and winners tend to get the benefit of the doubt

3 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

Great analysis by Ware as well.

Do you have a linky? I can't get this to play, and can't find it on NFL Total Access site. 

3 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Another testimony to the capability of Wade Phillips in designing plans.

Wade is The Man.  Not sold on Vance Joseph yet.

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Is Von Miller available?

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There is probably something more despicably misogynist than implying a man has the organ most get born through, then suggesting it be abused.

Give me just a minute, I'm sure I'll think of it.    Your mother would be so proud.

Boo hoo.  Before punching him in the vagina, stick a couple fingers in there first to make sure his balls are deflated!