Tyrod Wants to Stay with the Bills, but Won't Take Another Pay Cut

6 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

23-20, not 22-20. Someone has to alert the official stat keepers about this. Cassell was NOT the starter that game and should not get the win. Play one was a freaking trick play, for chrissake.

I was at the game. Hotrod was on the field, but Cassel took the snap.

I use the record 23-21*

* includes playoffs

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Right on my man.  You nailed it on all points as far as I'm concerned.

Essentially, we're not in a dissimilar spot to where we were in 2013 with Fitz.  He had a big roster bonus due.  We weren't happy with the team's W-L record, his 16 INTs, his 212 passing ypg.  We wanted better QB play.  So we ditched Fitz in favor of Kolb, a guy who was just as mediocre (or maybe worse) but added fragility to his other attributes. 

The "ABT crowd" is the flavor-of-the-month here, I know, but truth is, I don't see the point in dumping a mediocre guy for someone worse, just for the sake of appeasement.

I swear, if we end up with Bradford there better not be a rubber mat anywhere near any team facilities...

28 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

4 three point games, benched multiple times because he had 2 games with a QB rating under 35. 

When was this?  :ph34r:

Here's the problem: stuff like this draws people out of the woodwork to rebutt falsehood, who would otherwise not.

Here's the second problem: who do you want to bring in as a veteran, who would be better?  I'm in favor of Cousins, but he may be out of reach.  I would have been OK with Smith, he's gone.  Bridgewater, as far as I can tell, produced an end result not particularly better and has huge durability questions.  Bradford is a walking knee-brace advertisement.

Don't say "dozens of guys" or "any number of guys", bring out your plan!  You want Kaep?  Anderson?  Who?

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Benched for 1 half is the truth. Ha ha, people will go to great lengths to distort reality to tell the story that they want to tell.

The first time he was benched it was so we wouldn't win the game. He was coming off his best statistical game of his career. It most certainly wasn't after 2 games of 35 QB ratings :lol:

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Here's the problem: stuff like this draws people out of the woodwork to rebutt falsehood, who would otherwise not.

Here's the second problem: who do you want to bring in as a veteran, who would be better?  I'm in favor of Cousins, but he may be out of reach.  I would have been OK with Smith, he's gone.  Bridgewater, as far as I can tell, produced an end result not particularly better and has huge durability questions.  Bradford is a walking knee-brace advertisement.

Don't say "dozens of guys" or "any number of guys", bring out your plan!  You want Kaep?  Anderson?  Who?

Quantify “Better”. Otherwise it will be hard to name any solution to many here 

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

The first time he was benched it was so we wouldn't win the game. He was coming off his best statistical game of his career. It most certainly wasn't after 2 games of 35 QB ratings :lol:

Yep, they wanted to lose and have flexibility from the contract guarantee. EJ got the job done to the tune of a 30-10 shellacking.  

39 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

agreed on all fronts.
I would not be surprised to pick up Bridgewater if he shakes free after all. he would start and tyrod would be gone ??
  Am cool with Tyrod, but Bills then are forced to draft one they think really can catch fire in a year or so. whatever Bills do this year at QB will be very defining in understanding McBeanes  ( and yes i consider its a two headed monster )

nope. Teams did attempt to force him to throw. By loading the box for two seasons. But that is not what changed and you know that. The new system McD brought did not fit the line nor TT. Beane gave us no WRs. yes, thats what happened

So your in the blame the WR crew and  blame the OC crew, got it. I am in the it is the QBs problem crew. After 3 OCs IMO it is easy to point the QB way regardless of the WRs here that are not as bad some would like to paint. Those bad WRs were shown wide open on tape all season.

Tyrod is a special little QB that needs a special made system, McD ran a system he wanted all QBs to run not one QB this way and the others a different way it is how good teams run. Tyrod can't run a NFL style system, he needs a college simplified system, it is why he is  just not good enough and no team will ever trade for him.

Edited by xRUSHx

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Quantify “Better”. 

Fair question. 

How about we say, fewer losses/season where the offense he led scored less than 10 points, while equal or better to TT in TD/game, TD/INT, completion percentage, and YPG as Taylor?  For Taylor, that would be 4  games total (1 in 2016, 3 this year) so 1.3 games/season, 65 TD (P + R) / 44 games, TD(pass)/INT ratio of 3, 62.6% completion, 201 ypg.

Find someone better than that.

13 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I swear, if we end up with Bradford there better not be a rubber mat anywhere near any team facilities...

Not to worry, he'll trip on the bare floor or the astroturf.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

So 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Fair question. 

How about we say, fewer losses/season where the offense he led scored less than 10 points, while equal or better to TT in TD/game, TD/INT, completion percentage, and YPG as Taylor?  For Taylor, that would be 4  games total (1 in 2016, 3 this year) so 1.3 games/season, 65 TD (P + R) / 44 games, TD(pass)/INT ratio of 3, 62.6% completion, 201 ypg.

Find someone better than that.

There is an issue with that. I would agree to 

TD/ Game

TD/INT

Completion %

and YPG

however the point thing really isn’t indicative of His Individual play. It is a team stat. 

26 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

This is pretty disingenuous. Not surprising for you though.

Disingenuous?  

Was he or was he not benched in three games?  

Once against the Saints the second the Pats and the last being a playoff game down 7 in the 4th?  

Was he not benched with the Bills in the thick of ending the drought for the  all important Chargers game?  

Disingenuous?   Who is being Disingenuous.  Not I.  

26 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No falsehoods.  I listed the 4 times he was on the bench and Nate took over.  

The definition of benched is being replaced due to poor play. 

Hokie doesn’t need “provoking” to defend TT.  

Funny that are well aware of his faults yet still get upset with the harsher issues.   

4 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

No winning occurred in the playoffs.    Because Taylor stinks.        

Dont pull the 9-7 playoff card on me.   I’ve heard all of you bash Andy Dalton for losing every year.   

Don't put words in my mouth pal. Once tbe drought got to around 10 I determined I had no place bashing teams that actually make the playoffs.

5 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I just went through all of Miami's games from 2008. They opened with the wildcat more than once. Ronnie Brown is not credited with any qb victories, however. Pennington got them all, going 11-5 in the official stats. I think that pretty much closes the case here. 23-20 it is. 

Holy crap... if true, you just did a big ole piledriver on MAJbooby and won this (pretty ridiculous) little debate :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Disingenuous?  

Was he or was he not benched in three games?  

Once against the Saints the second the Pats and the last being a playoff game down 7 in the 4th?  

Was he not benched with the Bills in the thick of ending the drought for the  all important Chargers game?  

Disingenuous?   Who is being Disingenuous.  Not I.  

First, are you counting him being pulled in the Saints game and being benched prior to the Chargers game (literally the next week) as 2 separate benchings? That seems disingenuous. It's not as if he played between the end of the Saints game and the beginning of the Chargers game.

Second, Tyrod left the first Pats game with an injury, which is why he didn't play the next week against Indy. Peterman didn't play at all in the second Pats game.

Third, he left the playoff game with a concussion. That's not being benched.

So no. Tyrod has been benched twice in his 3 years. Once was in 2016 when the GM wanted to improve his draft position and lose, which drove the HC to be fired for not agreeing to the decision; and the second was after/during the Saints game, which proved to be a poor decision.

20 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Hokie doesn’t need “provoking” to defend TT.  

I very rarely post about Tyrod specifically without it being a response to the constant misinformation people try to spread.

5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yup.   I stated half a dozen. An obvious underestimation.  I’d think my point was clear enough. 

The vast majority still stands at nearly 200.  

Also being on the team does not mean they also agree that he will be the starter for the full season.  

But that's not the discussion.

Why do purposefully shift everything around and make ridiculous exaggerations (or "unerestimations") rather than saying something that could be factual and still effective, like, for example, "only 20% of the board feels Taylor will be retained!"

I agree Taylor might not be the starter at the beginning of the year (I'm probably 60% that he will be), but the question and point of this entire thread is whether Taylor will be retained under his current contract... I'm about 80% sure there.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If that makes you proud and still believe in Taylor well, enjoy it.   

I enjoyed this season immensely winning 4 out of last 6 and getting that big old monkey off our back. ( old enough to drive and vote )

Did you know that at leat 1/2 the teams that make the playoffs lose their first game? We have a lot of company. we lost by a touchdown.  Its not like we lost 73-0.

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

Teams figured out Tyrod by the end of the season every season it is why every OC was replaced. Each new system gets simplified (dumbed down-Taylor made), it only takes a short time to figure what makes it tick. All comes down to just make him be a QB IMO.

OC#4 will be no different. He is what he is, NOT GOOD ENOUGH. I want better and this team to move on, he is not worth keeping at that price tag.

OC #2  didn't get fired. He found a job as a HC. OC#1 did not get fired at the end of the season. He was fired the day after We scored 31 points.

51 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

So your in the blame the WR crew and  blame the OC crew, got it. I am in the it is the QBs problem crew. After 3 OCs IMO it is easy to point the QB way regardless of the WRs here that are not as bad some would like to paint. Those bad WRs were shown wide open on tape all season.

Tyrod is a special little QB that needs a special made system, McD ran a system he wanted all QBs to run not one QB this way and the others a different way it is how good teams run. Tyrod can't run a NFL style system, he needs a college simplified system, it is why he is  just not good enough and no team will ever trade for him.

College ball is what NFL will need to follow. the QB dearth is the reason.

TT sure does need special consideration in game play.

29 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

OC #2  didn't get fired. He found a job as a HC. OC#1 did not get fired at the end of the season. He was fired the day after We scored 31 points.

Yeah OC #1 was asked to fix Tyrod in year 2 for I think it was 2 games by making more out of such a simplified system used in year 1 so teams didn't figure him out so easily, Tyrod failed so he got fired.

OC#2  was let go and not asked to come back to the team, many coaches get let go (FIRED) and get re-hired from a different team, sometimes in a bigger roll. Let's  not make it out like he got some promotion from the Bills, the Bills let him go, Fired. 

OC#3, yes he was just fired.

OC#4, if he has Tyrod I expect him fired before the end of year one.

OC#5 to finish off 2018, then 2019 CUTLER look out your record of 5 before being let go could be broken.Blame game continues, it is not the QB it's evwryone else. SMH

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Haha (+1) 1