LeSean on the Wall?

YoloinOhio

Do you think LeSean McCoy should someday be on the Bills Wall of Fame?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Shady on the Wall?

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Interesting. Well I think that says a lot towards the LeSean/Only 3 years argument.

Different time and era. Cookie lead the 8 team AFL in rushing yards and rushing TDs in two out of those three seasons. McCoy has not lead the league in any statistical category in his three seasons with Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/history/wall-of-fame.html

Quick skim ... I saw one player who had 5 years; everyone else had more.  Must not be an updated list because Cookie isn't on it.

Yeah, I do think it would help if Shady had a couple more years too. But was surprised to hear Gilchrist was only here for 3 years. Especially the way my dad and the rest of the old guys talk about him. I always thought he was had more of a Thurman career here. 3 years isnt much for Gilchrist's legend.

Shady has basically been our offense for the last 4 years. He is the teams MVP and a huge factor in how they made the playoffs this year and led the league in rushing the last two years. At his age he still hasn't seemed to lose a step and often plays injured. I am all for him being on the wall probably the most talented player we have had since the Superbowl Years.

7 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

Noooooooooooo.

4 years ain't enough. Longevity and all that.

Shirley you jest!

we just put Gilchriest on the Wall with less time and yardage. He was also a butthead who Saban kicked off the team. Cookie sets the new low standard for Wall candidates. 

So yes, Shady is Wall worthy.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

Shady has basically been our offense for the last 4 years. He is the teams MVP and a huge factor in how they made the playoffs this year and led the league in rushing the last two years. 

Actually Shady is 4th in rushing yards over the 2016-2017 seasons. Elliot and Bell are 1 and 2 despite the multiple game suspensions each has served and Jordan Howard is 3rd.

9 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

IMO the player needs to be drafted by the Bills and play at least 75% of his career here.

There are Wall members who were not drafted by the Bills. Kemp and Tasker, for example. 

I'm not sure how many players nowadays play 75% of their career with one team. Very few would be my guess. 

2 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

There are Wall members who were not drafted by the Bills. Kemp and Tasker, for example. 

I'm not sure how many players nowadays play 75% of their career with one team. Very few would be my guess. 

Probably the majority of HOFers but a Wall of Fame is several halls down from the HOF. McCoy has to play 3 more seasons here just to match his time played in Philly. 

2 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'm not getting in a debate about Ritcher or Hansen. We are talking about McCoy here. McCoy has been a Bill for 3 years. No way that is anywhere near long enough for the WOF, IMO. The other guys were Bills for some 25 combined seasons. McCoy needs a WOW season or he needs to at least stick around two more years at minimum if not three more.

It needs to be considered though because it has shifted the goal posts for the WOF. If the WOF just had a few players that went to the HOF and played exclusively for he Bills I’d agree. The barrier of entry though has been lowered by the inclusion of guys like that. It changes the conversation. 

Robert James is probably a fair comparison. He had 5 years in a Bills uniform and was a Pro Bowler in 3 of them. He’s up there. 

When asking the question the candidacy of those up there is absolutely relevant. Now if you don’t think he belongs in that’s fine but the guys on the Wall matter.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

14 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

the Bills last 10 QB's before Taylor all sucked worse than him, which makes Taylor good correct?

That’s not relevant to the conversation. He isn’t on the WOF. The question is “does Shady belong on the Wall?” When asking that he is, and should be, compared to those on there. Robert James is a good example of a guy that was here for a brief stint and played well. Richter and Hansen are guys that were never as good as Shady but were here for a while.

The point is that these guys aren’t judged in a bubble. It’s the same conversation as “should _____ go into the HOF.” The resume is instantly compared to other members of the Hall.

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Unsung heroes don’t go on the WOF!! They were both “solid” NFL players. Those guys don’t deserve to be immortalized. You have to do extraordinary things to earn that honor. Being a quality player on a good team isn’t criteria to be honored forever.

I guess they will have to live on the wall of fame in my memories.