Bills fire Gill Byrd

8 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Wow, my buddy actually told me that McDermott isn't too well liked by the defensive staff and there was a lot of discourse throughout the year.  He actually told me that there would be changes from "retirements" and firings because McDermott wants everyone to know who is in charge.   I didn't believe him because of all the "culture" change we have seen in media, but now the news is coming out about the changes.

Yeah and I don't believe you. A guy who loves attention would have been blabbering about that information before the changes were made so he could have his "I told you so moment"

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Someone has to take the bullet for the botched Wood presser. :w00t:

Whats the story behind this? I spent yesterday chssing ghost. Fill me in breh.

For this firing to be made the way it was, it had to be internal issues, or one of McDerms premier DB coach choices just freed up. I hope Castillo is next, we need to fix that OL.

22 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Yeah and I don't believe you. A guy who loves attention would have been blabbering about that information before the changes were made so he could have his "I told you so moment"

I didn't ask for anyone to believe me.  I'm not even sure what there would to believe.  The results have already happened.

Just now, Ittakestime said:

I didn't ask for anyone to believe me.  I'm not even sure what there would to believe.  The results have already happened.

Your attempt to make it seem like a rift existed because of McD's attitude. I'm glad you don't even believe your own bull ****. That's good.

7 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Probowl Caliber play from the DBs. The position coach gets fired. 

Crap play from the OL and the Position Coach Teflon Juan still here. 

Don't drive yourself crazy trying to understand the logic behind that thinking

25 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Yolo, can you pass along a link please ? tx

FYI his dad John Teerlinck was the DL coach in Denver under mike shanahan and then the colts under dungy. Bill was asst DL coach in Indy during those years 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Probowl Caliber play from the DBs. The position coach gets fired. 

Crap play from the OL and the Position Coach Teflon Juan still here. 

Maybe McD hasn't gotten to that evaluation yet. Checked off the main coaches, Dennison got let go. Started with the position coaches, Byrd gets fired. Maybe he will get to the lines next. Just speculating ...

3 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Maybe McD hasn't gotten to that evaluation yet. Checked off the main coaches, Dennison got let go. Started with the position coaches, Byrd gets fired. Maybe he will get to the lines next. Just speculating ...

Daboll just had a chance to meet with the offensive coaches on Friday because he was at the senior bowl. He will have to meet with McDermott on next steps. McDermott isn’t making decisions on offensive staff without Daboll’s involvement, hence the timing. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Nah, Juan is his friend. I bet he's here next year. He sux and should be fired tho.