Horowitz's DOJ IG Report

49 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

BOTH parties are done. That's the point. 

But it requires action on our part at the ballot box to seal the deal. 

How many GOP resigned or announced they are not running since November? Over 30. 

This is not about right or left, dem or rep, liberal or conservative. 

This is the destruction of a control system that's been in place for decades and lives on BOTH sides of the aisle. 

Both parties should be done but in order for that to happen, a majority of Americans have to be paying attention and have to care.  The vast majority and I mean vast majority aren't and don't.  Some think they do (pay attention and care) but they really aren't.  The closest thing we've had in my lifetime to a real movement for change was the tea party which got pounded into near irrelevancy by the MSM and even some Republican pols.  Unfortunately even though the Democrat party has taken some shots in recent years (losing more elections) my painful belief is that our country is moving left on a steady basis and that will begin to show in election results as early as 2020.  It's going to take a catastrophic economic event before people wake up IMO.  Until then buying votes with other people's money will probably win.   You can argue that Trump won on that same strategy with tax cuts as a leading policy and with fiscal responsibility being a distant 5th or 6th on his agenda. 

Edited by keepthefaith

Vachel Lindsay Retweeted Donald J. Trump

1. One thing many are missing...................... This Omnibus pork barrel has a shelf life of 6 months.

Renewal ? End of September. Just before the mid-terms.

2. Trump & Mattis have secured the $700 bn for the military. That is locked in, a fantastic outcome for #MAGA.

But all other spending is up for review & can be cut in late September.

3. If we are correct, the political landscape facing Trump then, will be very different than the one we have given him now.

'We'? YES. Were the ones who voted these people in. Not Trump.

4. We need to consider the **** storm coming down the line with OIGGate, ClintonGate, ObamaGate and other scandals. There's no way that these won't touch Congress itself. More than a few Congress critters are implicated, especially on the Dem side (also GOPe).

5. Each hit the Uniparty takes, makes Trump stronger.

Each hit the Dems take, makes Trump stronger.

Removing GOPe swamp creatures also makes him stronger.

Keep that in mind, as the next few months unfold.

6. So let the Uniparty crow today. It's known as a pyrrhic victory. Their last barrel of pork, if you will.

By the time Sept arrives, they'll watch in horror as Trump cuts every spending appropriation that they won today.

Oh, be in no doubt. That's what he's going to do.

This guy nearly stopped the bill for an odd reason.

http://www.businessinsider.com/jim-risch-idaho-government-shutdown-bill-dead-rival-2018-3

Republican Sen. Jim Risch of Idaho nearly derailed the massive $1.3 trillion omnibus spending bill Thursday, just a day before the government shutdown deadline, all over the naming of a forest for a dead political rival.

The funding bill, which was eventually passed, included a provision to rename the White Clouds Wilderness preserve in Idaho after the state's most recent Democratic governor, Cecil Andrus, who died in August.

Risch demanded that Senate leaders remove the provision from the bill or he would use a procedural objection to block a vote. The only problem is that any edit of the massive 2,232 page bill would have required the House to re-vote on it, pushing Congress dangerously close to the Friday shutdown deadline.

CNN reported that Risch and Andrus clashed in during their time in state government. In the 1980s, Risch was majority leader of the Idaho state Senate and fought with Andrus, then the governor, over education funding.

9 hours ago, DC Tom said:

You know...it's a good thing the Kennedys never faced this sort of scrutiny.  :lol:

Or FDR. His maternal grandfather made the family fortune in the opium trade in China. :ph34r:

8 hours ago, Kelly101 said:

I've never felt so ashamed to be American as I am today.

There's no where better for me to go immigrate from here.

The rest of the world hates us, our crooked government

despises us with a passion.

Talk about hopeless.

Oh please. Get a grip. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/23/2018 at 9:16 PM, B-Man said:

I saw this (or something similar) on multiple sites..........I don't think I'm buying.

An omnibus spending bill is a type of bill in the United States that packages many of the smaller regular appropriations bills into one larger single bill that could be passed with only one vote in each house.

Because of their large size and scope, omnibus bills limit opportunities for debate and scrutiny. Historically, omnibus bills have sometimes been used to pass controversial amendments. For this reason, some consider omnibus bills to be anti-democratic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnibus_bill

Good catch B-man ,  now more then ever have to research and fact check 

39 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Why? Because a Fox News clown says so? 

Read the quote. Youll like it. It's about bad republicans. 

The FISA system has been abused by multiple administrations since 2001. It's all going to come out. 

One is just going to hit first. But, as I've said from the start, don't be fooled into thinking this is about left or right or dem or rep. Both have abused it and both will be made to answer. 

McCabe knows he's about to face criminal charges ... If only he hadn't chosen treason, he'd still have his pension. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Reuters/status/979424655743373312

And... https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/03/29/politics/sessions-prosecutor-fbi-misconduct-clinton-uranium-one-special-counsel/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

who could have predicted that? Right, we did months ago. 

35 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

McCabe knows he's about to face criminal charges ... If only he hadn't chosen treason, he'd still have his pension. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Reuters/status/979424655743373312

And... https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/03/29/politics/sessions-prosecutor-fbi-misconduct-clinton-uranium-one-special-counsel/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

who could have predicted that? Right, we did months ago. 

This is just Trump's way of clearing up several Hillary peccadillos in time for her to run against him in 2020.  This is great news for her.  You know, do a quick investigation and clear her once and for all.  This next time Wikileaks can't foul up Trump's plans to get her into the White House.

• Haha (+1) 1