Horowitz's DOJ IG Report

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

TNT... will be an understatement. 

Which report is he referring to?

The first email investigation report, or the second Grassley FISA report?

There are two IG reports being worked on if I'm not mistaken.

2 hours ago, Paulus said:

I think for most people, not necessarily DR, most of these rags are trusted sources of info. The problem lies in that they constantly report on negative or positive news based on political ideology. In other words, they tell their liberal readers all the bad thing they can about conservatives and visa versa, depending on which groups the media outlets are catering to (their customer base). After a while, these outlets take thing too far by misleading people with articles, while still basing their reporting in fact. Half-truths.

The rise and fall of unbiased media. 

that about says it all

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Which report is he referring to?

The first email investigation report, or the second Grassley FISA report?

There are two IG reports being worked on if I'm not mistaken.

I think it's a bit of semantics. There's only one IG report, which was announced here:

https://oig.justice.gov/press/2017/2017-01-12.pdf

It's been reported on (erroneously) that Horowitz is only looking into the Clinton email investigation - but if you read the announcement you see he's got a much broader scope.

Note this bit at the end:

"Finally, if circumstances warrant, the OIG will consider including other issues that may arise during the course of the review."

It's been my contention for awhile now that Flynn's network was feeding the OIG the names of the leakers and the bad actors inside the DOJ/FBI. Evidence for this is in the timing of the first batch of Strzok/Page texts, which did not leak until after Flynn signed his plea deal. Not the week after he signed... the DAY after he signed, over the weekend in fact. These texts came from the OIG office, and makes up just a small part of a much larger report. The report includes over 1.8 million pages of evidence. 

It's a MASSIVE investigation that veered off just the Clinton email scandal long ago. There will be one report submitted to the DOJ and Congress (it already has been in fact), but that one report has subsections (I have no idea how many) which are what I think people are conflating with separate reports. But when the IG report is released, it will more than likely be dropped as one report (though, I am betting heavily redacted).

We know that someone has been taking testimony of witnesses in the FISA abuse scandal based on Nunes' memo which included testimony from people who had yet to appear before either congressional committee (so, who took the statements included in Nunes' memo? it can only be the IG). We also know Horowitz requested access to documents related to Fast and Furious (which is what Horowitz was originally hired to investigate, and he was stymied by Holder - kicking off his quest to get the IG fully empowered, which happened right as Obama left office). That shows Horowitz is heavily involved in a lot of different areas right now. 

I expect the full IG report to cover: Clinton's email investigation, FISA corruption re Carter Page, politicization (in general) within the FBI/DOJ that lead to IC abuse in areas outside of the 2016 election (think IRS scandal, think Benghazi), Fast and Furious & Benghazi by extension - and more. 

This is in addition to the numerous ongoing investigations going on by Sessions - which are being fed in part by the evidence from the IG report:

* DNI Coats and Sessions are investigating illegal leaks (that's why Clapper's name is back in the news) 

* Operation Cassandra (Hezbollah's drug running/human trafficking network allowed to prosper by 44 and Holder)

* Clinton Foundation pay for play / Uranium One

Everyone is curious to see what's in the IG report, so there's a lot of speculation (and a lot of nonsense)... but the evidence we have is that it's going to be massive. We know that over 14 DOJ/FBI officials have already been fired, demoted, or resigned because of what the IG uncovered. The indictments and prosecutions are coming, and the IG report will play a key role. 

Last note: the IG report hasn't been delayed for any other reason than timing. This report is reportedly so damning that there have been (unconfirmed) sources saying that SecDef Mattis is gravely concerned about unrest in the aftermath. Timing is important, they are going to drop it at the right moment to assure maximum impact (political optics comes into play here). I don't know when it's going to drop - I expected it today... and last Friday - but it's coming soon. You can tell by how many people are suddenly using evidence from the IG report in their stories/reporting.

When it hits, it's going to be really interesting to see the counter moves.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

25 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I think it's a bit of semantics. There's only one IG report, which was announced here:

https://oig.justice.gov/press/2017/2017-01-12.pdf

It's been reported on (erroneously) that Horowitz is only looking into the Clinton email investigation - but if you read the announcement you see he's got a much broader scope.

Last note: the IG report hasn't been delayed for any other reason than timing. This report is reportedly so damning that there have been (unconfirmed) sources saying that SecDef Mattis is gravely concerned about unrest in the aftermath. Timing is important, they are going to drop it at the right moment to assure maximum impact (political optics comes into play here). I don't know when it's going to drop - I expected it today... and last Friday - but it's coming soon. You can tell by how many people are suddenly using evidence from the IG report in their stories/reporting.

(First Part) You posted Grassley's letter to Wray (or maybe Sessions?) in a different thread yesterday.  That letter referenced the January, 2017 IG investigation and even referenced it as the email investigation if I remember right.  Grassley then referred at least 32 new FISA related questions to the FBI for the IG to look into and report on (ostensibly a new investigation).  If it all comes out in one report, I'd be surprised.

(Second Part) I would be surprised at "unrest".  Really bitter and angry people, yes. 

2 hours ago, snafu said:

(First Part) You posted Grassley's letter to Wray (or maybe Sessions?) in a different thread yesterday.  That letter referenced the January, 2017 IG investigation and even referenced it as the email investigation if I remember right.  Grassley then referred at least 32 new FISA related questions to the FBI for the IG to look into and report on (ostensibly a new investigation).  If it all comes out in one report, I'd be surprised.

(Second Part) I would be surprised at "unrest".  Really bitter and angry people, yes. 

Seems to be a question of how desperate the bad actors that get outted really are & how prepared the money behind the Antifa movement is.

Also, outlets that have been sympathetic to the Schiff-led narrative will in all likelihood, be supportive of the "sympathetic, spontaneous, patriotic protesters battling the fascist takeover of our government."

Hopefully the ducks are so firmly in a row, that the narrative can't set hold.

Would be shocked if the unrest reached civil war levels, but can definitely see unrest at late 1960's levels.

29 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Seems to be a question of how desperate the bad actors that get outted really are & how prepared the money behind the Antifa movement is.

Also, outlets that have been sympathetic to the Schiff-led narrative will in all likelihood, be supportive of the "sympathetic, spontaneous, patriotic protesters battling the fascist takeover of our government."

Hopefully the ducks are so firmly in a row, that the narrative can't set hold.

Would be shocked if the unrest reached civil war levels, but can definitely see unrest at late 1960's levels.

Again, at a bar last night a group of older women said nothing but extremely msm biased nonsense.  Schiff is amazing.  Grassley and gowdy terrible making things up. Horowitz biased. Trump a matter of time before someone shoots him and they claim someone will. Oprah/Warren would win heavily in 2020

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

Again, at a bar last night a group of older women said nothing but extremely msm biased nonsense.  Schiff is amazing.  Grassley and gowdy terrible making things up. Horowitz biased. Trump a matter of time before someone shoots him and they claim someone will. Oprah/Warren would win heavily in 2020

Oprah does everything heavily.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Uh oh and what will be next and next after that? 

This whole Russian collusion business is going to be the largest political boomerang ever and how foolish of the Dems to not have anticipated that Trump retaliating 10-fold using the full force of the Justice system. 

55 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Uh oh and what will be next and next after that? 

This whole Russian collusion business is going to be the largest political boomerang ever and how foolish of the Dems to not have anticipated that Trump retaliating 10-fold using the full force of the Justice system. 

They probably did anticipate it should Trump have won.  Problem for them is they thought they had  it rigged so well that his possible behavior as President didn't matter because they seem to have thought he had less chance of winning than Sanders did.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Taro T said:

They probably did anticipate it should Trump have won.  Problem for them is they thought they had  it rigged so well that his possible behavior as President didn't matter because they seem to have thought he had less chance of winning than Sanders did.

Yeah, this was going to happen anyway. That's why they came up with the Russian Collusion.

This is the first I'm hearing of it being pushed to April... (click on the tweet for the whole thread)

If any of the IG report(s) finds evidence which the DOJ plans to use in indictments/prosecutions, they cannot release the report until after it goes through the grand jury process (for each indictment). I suggest there is a grand jury (or two) already active who have been going through the IG evidence since at least January - if not December - meaning that it's more than likely the hold up in the release is tied the scope of the criminality uncovered by the report itself.