Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen are available at 12

Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield are both available at 12  

181 members have voted

1. 1. The Bengals want a 1st and 2nd round pick for #12, do you move up?

• Yes for Allen.
    • Yes for Mayfield.
    • No, stay put.

1 minute ago, Nihilarian said:

Lots of teams love the guy because of his 70% accuracy!  Both Brees and Russell have proven you don't need to be over 6 ft plus.

He will be long gone by 15 I'll bet.

Gonna keep on pounding the table for us to trade up and get him! I don't mind the attitude one bit and he measured over 6 foot height and with above-threshold hand size. 

I think the Bills May...field a new QB next year. B-)

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, liverpoolkev said:

Bills wasn't smart enough to get Dashon Watson  without having to trade up ( thanks for nothing mcdermett) this bag of Qb's are garbage more hype than anything  Mcbeane don't have a clue about talent look at the garbage he brought in......he is over his head  

1516377ed03696649d6072844fbb0960.jpg

Also,  posted this in the Mayfield thread, but here it is again. 

54 minutes ago, liverpoolkev said:

Bills wasn't smart enough to get Dashon Watson  without having to trade up ( thanks for nothing mcdermett) this bag of Qb's are garbage more hype than anything  Mcbeane don't have a clue about talent look at the garbage he brought in......he is over his head  

I think you may have it all wrong as it was Doug Whaley and his scouting staff were the people that failed to recognize quality QB talent. That is a big reason as to why Whaley and that scouting staff were all fired and replaced. 

Beane wasn't even hired at that point and McD had to rely on Whaley and his scouts. As I understand how things went it was Whaley that set up the draft board and McDermott made the actual selections.

I also think we need to wait and see what these new scouts do/say that might actually know what they are doing vs the old crew that didn't even make notes when watching players. Also, new Bills GM Beane explains his process http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/01/brandon_beane_explains_what_it_would_take_for_buffalo_bills_to_trade_up_in_draft.htmlzxsd

Just a thought that if the team does trade up for a QB and misses on that choice it will set the team back a few years. OTOH, the right selection should set the franchise for a decade. 

Edited by Nihilarian

4 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

There was no substance or breakdown to back up his opinions.  Horrible article. 

You just described every Tony Grossi article. He’s the Jerry Sullivan of Cleveland. Of course, he has a right to be negative. But some of his stuff is absurd. Like the time he insisted Bill Barnwell was secretly running the Browns. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

21 hours ago, KingRex said:

Nope.  I am interested in winning next year.  None of the rookie QBs are capable of carrying a team deep into the playoffs (or probably into the playoffs at all).

Draft defensive players in the high rounds and run an option offense next season with two good running QB/RBs drafted in the lower rounds. Daboll said you have to be able to run even when they expect you to so the Bills offense can just do that 80% of the time and having two QBs in the backfield all of the time should keep opposing defenses guessing. Hold them to a low score and keep hammering the rock at them until they can't tackle anymore.

19 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

No need as this could be a first. All those teams could be looking for a QB this year and that is nearly half the teams in the league. Count'em up as that's 14/15 teams. I suspect that there could be as many as six or more QB's taken in the first round this year and those six could be in the first fifteen depending on what transpires in free agency. 

Check out what a writer for the NFL thinks 12 teams with QB needs this year, Cleveland, Giants, Broncos, Jets that's four in the first ten. Four In the next 10, Bengals, Redskins, Cardinals, Chargers and the Miami FO has stated that they will go BPA and should that player be a QB they will take him. It has also been noted that the Ravens are looking at QB's. 

In the next ten, Bills, Saints, Steelers, Patriots and should the Jags move on from Bortles. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000855915/article/2018-nfl-draft-order-and-team-needs-nos-2132

GMs are stubborn to their don't reach and value priciples. One of the top 4 qbs should slide out of the top 10

1 hour ago, papazoid said:

2018 NFL Draft: Baker Mayfield reportedly 'squarely in play' for Browns' No. 1 pick

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-nfl-draft-baker-mayfield-reportedly-squarely-in-play-for-browns-no-1-pick/

darnold would be my pick

Mayfield and rosen are tied

I honestly think that's just pre draft misdirection. If they had wanted him, there's a great chance they could have had him at 4 while taking someone else at 1. 

4 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

I honestly think that's just pre draft misdirection. If they had wanted him, there's a great chance they could have had him at 4 while taking someone else at 1. 

Unless Hue has no say, he is on record saying his QBs need to be at least 6’2”

5 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

I tend to think Hue lost a lot of say once the Browns hired people that have actual football knowledge and aren't mainly baseball guys or lawyers.

If they aren’t going to give the HC any say in the #1 draft pick, they should just fire him now. They are already dysfunctional again and the GM has been there  5 minutes.

52 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If they aren’t going to give the HC any say in the #1 draft pick, they should just fire him now. They are already dysfunctional again and the GM has been there  5 minutes.

Well, while I agree that the HC should have some say I really don't think Hue is in the long term plans for the Browns franchise. 

The new FO there knows they aren't 1 draft and 1 FA period away from being competitive. Heck a week into the job Dorsey said they didn't have any real players. I think whoever the HC is is on borrowed time. They will let Hue be the coach until they have their pieces in place then get a coach they want in there.

1 hour ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Well, while I agree that the HC should have some say I really don't think Hue is in the long term plans for the Browns franchise. 

The new FO there knows they aren't 1 draft and 1 FA period away from being competitive. Heck a week into the job Dorsey said they didn't have any real players. I think whoever the HC is is on borrowed time. They will let Hue be the coach until they have their pieces in place then get a coach they want in there.

It is absurd that he’s still the HC. Absolutely zero reason to keep him other than Jimmy Rebate’s edict. 

Edited by YoloinOhio