Source: Bills all in on Peterman unless they can land Sam Darnold

20 hours ago, Manther said:

Poppycock

Glenn and TT are closer to 180 degrees apart than similar situations.

Hating on Glenn is either believing propaganda or lacking football knowledge.  LTs don’t grow on trees and Glenn is good!  Folks that say his salary is too high....they are closer to too high than knowing what they are talking about.

Manther, i dont care either way but Glenn not being here wouldn't be a shock.  Why wouldnt they try to move him?

But Tyrod knowing how Daboll runs his supposed O. I am afraid he could be back

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I do wish; I want the Bills to be good. He sucks at QB. I don’t remember people loving Levi Brown or Jeff Tuel? Why did the fan base fall in love with this guy? He’s a similar prospect. 

I think it's pretty ridiculous to get into the exercise of pretending to have any sort of idea of how Peterman is either good or bad at being an NFL QB. Especially based on one full game of real NFL game experience.

I trust McDermott if he thinks Peterman is his guy, or if he wants to go in another direction and this is all a head fake to move up for his guy. McDermott seems very smart, he did get this franchise a playoff game. 

• Like (+1) 1

FYI, a blockbuster trade or major move may be imminent. Possibly something I reported on as insiders and sources out west are buzzing tonight.....

SCOUT Fantasy SportsVerified account @ScoutFantasy 2h2 hours ago

SOURCE: We're hearing rumblings of major @BuffaloBills player news coming early next week. More to come.

6 replies 30 retweets 51 likes

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Posted many times that it's based on more than one game in LA.  That was just a further confirmation of major flaws in his game. 

My apologies for not having seen those other posts. Just not enough pro experience to go on. I know his earlier college years were an adventure, but his senior year was marked by major improvement. All in the eye of the beholder, I guess. But I think it’s too early to label him an abject failure. 

On 1/24/2018 at 1:26 PM, SaviorPeterman said:

I don't have a link to this as this was communicated to me by the same source who told me Brian Gaine to Houston was a done deal before the national media broke it (which I was proven correct).

I swear I don't mean any offense...But..Really? I thought everyone and their mother knew that was a done deal the minute the Houston GM stepped aside?...

You're gonna plant your flag on that?...

Okey doke...B-)

50 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

FYI, a blockbuster trade or major move may be imminent. Possibly something I reported on as insiders and sources out west are buzzing tonight.....

What a sad little attention whore you are...

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I do wish; I want the Bills to be good. He sucks at QB. I don’t remember people loving Levi Brown or Jeff Tuel? Why did the fan base fall in love with this guy? He’s a similar prospect. 

Ha!  I remember some folks here *drooling* over Levi Brown!  They were irate that we might cut him and expose him to waivers before signing to the practice squad!   Other teams would be lined up waiting to SNAP HIM UP!  I seem to recall people lobbying for Tuel to start, also.   Also the same thing, anyone pointing out the existing starter actually had shown more was labeled a "fanboy" (just like the imaginary CoT)

On a team that is losing winnable games (or just losing) the backup QB is always the most popular guy in town.

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

True but A select few people really love him here lol

why crush their dreams 

If dreams get crushed by truth, so be it.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

I’m 50/50 on Peterman but I’m wondering if this observation is all based on the Chargers game and mop up duty vs. Jax? Because if you que up some of his college footage, especially his masterpiece against the eventual national champ Clemson on the road in Death Valley, there are examples of him standing in under pressure long enough to make a play and then getting creamed in the process. The very definition of composure. Not sure I can label him otherwise based on a bad half and a series of football.

Someone earlier posted a link to a scouting report from last year.  I didn't find the point about "Peterman most NFL ready" they were trying to support in it.  What I did find that was interesting: " Will float some throws on seams and dig routes. Will have to be mindful to drive the ball on pro level to avoid the ballhawks who are lurking at safety. Has to prove he has enough arm to challenge the same tight windows he did in college. Ball handling a little sluggish in wide receiver screens, hitches and most RPOs (run, pass option). Wants to play hero-ball at times. Needs to learn when to air-mail throw and move to next play rather than trying to get too cute with sideline throws. "

I'm not a college-ball expert or a QB expert but this seems quite predictive of the problems Peterman has actually demonstrated in NFL games.  Yes, he's done some good stuff - he's obviously a smart guy and if he works hard on his arm strength and footwork in the off season he may improve.  But right now, he's not driving the ball fast enough to get it into the windows he sees as open (because they were to him, against lesser defenders, in college).  And yeah, does he ever want to play "hero ball".

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Someone earlier posted a link to a scouting report from last year.  I didn't find the point about "Peterman most NFL ready" they were trying to support in it.  What I did find that was interesting: " Will float some throws on seams and dig routes. Will have to be mindful to drive the ball on pro level to avoid the ballhawks who are lurking at safety. Has to prove he has enough arm to challenge the same tight windows he did in college. Ball handling a little sluggish in wide receiver screens, hitches and most RPOs (run, pass option). Wants to play hero-ball at times. Needs to learn when to air-mail throw and move to next play rather than trying to get too cute with sideline throws. "

I'm not a college-ball expert or a QB expert but this seems quite predictive of the problems Peterman has actually demonstrated in NFL games.  Yes, he's done some good stuff - he's obviously a smart guy and if he works hard on his arm strength and footwork in the off season he may improve.  But right now, he's not driving the ball fast enough to get it into the windows he sees as open (because they were to him, against lesser defenders, in college).  And yeah, does he ever want to play "hero ball".

I agree with that entire scouting report. That’s why he’s a development project. If he can’t adapt his game and improve over the next couple years, we move on. 

I’ll quibble a little bit in that he has shown an ability to get the ball out on time at the top of his dropback. Whether or not Daboll’s scheme relies as much on those timing routes that take advantage of that remains to be seen. Peterman may not be a project he sees as much value in as a result.

4 hours ago, Agent 91 said:

Manther, i dont care either way but Glenn not being here wouldn't be a shock.  Why wouldnt they try to move him?

But Tyrod knowing how Daboll runs his supposed O. I am afraid he could be back

Glenn not being in Buffalo wouldn’t be a shock.  But, if they don’t get something decent to good for him (which they won’t at this time) would be useless to move him in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, 1billsfan said:

I think it's pretty ridiculous to get into the exercise of pretending to have any sort of idea of how Peterman is either good or bad at being an NFL QB. Especially based on one full game of real NFL game experience.

I trust McDermott if he thinks Peterman is his guy, or if he wants to go in another direction and this is all a head fake to move up for his guy. McDermott seems very smart, he did get this franchise a playoff game. 

Well we are all entitled to our opinions. Based on watching the guy in college and as a pro everything that was considered a negative was magnified. You can feel free to hold out hope. I trust what I see. I also trust that McDermott sees it too. Onwards and upwards