Ken Dorsey to the Bills?

CLTbills

3 hours ago, CLTbills said:

OK, so I'm not going to make a Dunkirk Don style prediction here because I don't have his "inside sources".... But I live in Charlotte. Just had a client who lives in Dorsey's neighborhood (same neighborhood Coach McD lived in when he was here) and is fairly close with the Dorsey's. She saw my Bills cup on my desk this morning and said it sounds like they're coming to Buffalo. Wife isn't happy about the cold, haha. It'll be interesting to see. 

Can't say I'll be surprised, nor will anybody. What are your thoughts? I know I've seen some posts on here that some guys would like to have him if we're going to draft a young QB.

Pretty sure he is signing with Atlanta, at least that's what Dan Quinn says.

17 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I grew up in Minnesota and that's cold.  It doesn't snow as much as Buffalo but it's cold cold for about 6-7 weeks a year.  Bone chilling cold.

Makes a person wonder how Canadians get along.

54 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I grew up in Minnesota and that's cold.  It doesn't snow as much as Buffalo but it's cold cold for about 6-7 weeks a year.  Bone chilling cold.

Yeah places like Duluth and International Falls are no joke..even places like North Dakota and South Dakota...

The lake helps keep us warmer even as it dumps snow on us...

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Sunday’s are spent in the pool with a cold summer lager.... or three?

When we moved here 20 years ago, pool season was end of April till end oz September. Now it’s end of May till Labor Day. Once the highs are only in the 80s it’s too cold.

Norv Turner is the QB whisperer hire so Dorsey is expendable. 

Regarding Cam, imo, Cam is streaky and seems to play well when interested and awful sometimes when not. Dorsey should have improved him past that in four years or Cam isn’t buying in. Is it Cam? Is it Dorsey? 

Where are you at in the Charlotte area?

It sounded like there would still be some shake up to the offensive staff when McD was talking yesterday.

Dorsey should not be the QB coach though.  There are better options out there including Shula.

57 minutes ago, KevinMassare said:

Pretty sure he is signing with Atlanta, at least that's what Dan Quinn says.

What would he do with Atlanta?  They hired Knapp as QB coach

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Really?  I know it's hot but it's nothing that keeps me inside.  I'm more active in the summer brutal heat more than any other time of the year.

My wife and I go hiking at Stone Mountain or Kennesaw Mountain mid day in July and August.  The sweat makes you feel good.

I actually like to workout in that heat.  I have adjustable dumbbells that I'll bring outside onto my patio to workout.

I use a reel lawnmower and a manual edger all summer long.  Just drink a lot of water.

Parts of South Carolina are a different animal. Columbia may very well be the hottest place in the US if you combine temp humidity and lack of wind. However as stated above about Wilmington the coast is almost always pleasant. 

9 minutes ago, Cruiserplayer said:

Parts of South Carolina are a different animal. Columbia may very well be the hottest place in the US if you combine temp humidity and lack of wind. However as stated above about Wilmington the coast is almost always pleasant. 

My parents live near Wilimington and go to Wrightsville Beach and Kure Beach often....I've down in the middle of summer (going again this year) and it is hotter than a witch's tit! I've also lived in Valdosta and Quitman, GA,  middle of the state about 45 minutes to an hour from the Florida border, and if there's a hotter, more humid place...it has to be Africa. Seriously, unbelievably hot in the summer months...I worked contracting, my first job at 15 down there, hanging sheet-rock on the second floor of a loft / garage, woof....anyways, Wilmington is beautiful and I would retire there or Charleston when the day and time come, but right now I like living in Central New York. 

However, on topic, I would like the Ken Dorsey hire if the Bills hire him...however, I would REALLY love if the Bills found a spot for Darrell Bevell (and of course he wanted to come to Buffalo) on their staff. That to me, would be epic. 

Edited by BigBuff423

Just now, BigBuff423 said:

My parents live near Wilimington and go to Wrightsville Beach and Kure Beach often....I've down in the middle of summer (going again this year) and it is hotter than a witch's tit! I've also lived in Valdosta and Quitman, GA,  middle of the state about 45 minutes to an hour from the Florida border, and if there's a hotter, more humid place...it has to be Africa. Seriously, unbelievably hot in the summer months...I worked contracting, my first job at 15 down there, hanging sheet-rock on the second floor of a loft / garage, woof....anyways, Wilmington is beautiful and I would retire there or Charleston when the day and time come, but right now I like living in Central New York. 

I went to Kure beach last year. I LOVED it. Wilmington was awesome too. Weather was perfect (late July/early August). Not too hot, no rain. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'm in Carolina, but in Wilmington on the coast.  Huge difference, would not want t olive down here inland!!  Almost every day by around 3:00 the sea breeze kicks up and even on 100 degree days, can go walk on the beach in comfort in the evening with the breeze blowing.  It's also a much shorter period of brutal heat compared to Florida, most years up until Memorial Day , not bad to be outside and again after Labor Day not too bad either. My house is about 3 miles from the ocean,  and while the sea breeze is great on the beach, still too hot to walk around the neighborhood, but beach is great.  Sea breeze also keeps things a little warmer in the winter than inland.

I also was at the Bills game in Charlotte and agree it was hot on the sun side of the stadium and temp were a bit below normal too, but again that's inland.

No way man, I live in Wilmington too, well really close, we just moved to Hampstead from Wilmington about a year ago.  Love it here...  Like you said the beach makes all the difference, 100+ degree days on the beach are not bad at all with the breeze that you get.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsInWilmingtonNC said:

No way man, I live in Wilmington too, well really close, we just moved to Hampstead from Wilmington about a year ago.  Love it here...  Like you said the beach makes all the difference, 100+ degree days on the beach are not bad at all with the breeze that you get.

Have you been to Indochine restaurant? It's a mix of Vietnamese - Thai cuisine....honestly, some of the best damn food I've ever had. And, it's got a great vibe. 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I went to Kure beach last year. I LOVED it. Wilmington was awesome too. Weather was perfect (late July/early August). Not too hot, no rain. 

Wilmington area has a phenomenal presence to it as a region...it has some college atmosphere, historical culture, and invigorated development. My parents live in Leland, about 10 minutes from Wilmington, and they've built about 10,000 new homes, miles and miles of hundreds of acres of commercial development across the road from him (road being 4 lane highway)....in 17 years. 

6 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Have you been to Indochine restaurant? It's a mix of Vietnamese - Thai cuisine....honestly, some of the best damn food I've ever had. And, it's got a great vibe. 

Indochine!!  First restaurant we went to when we moved here!!  So good and sooo much food!!

And actually Guy Fieri is in Downtown Wilmington today checking out some of the other places for his show.

Edited by BillsInWilmingtonNC
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillsInWilmingtonNC said:

Indochine!!  First restaurant we went to when we moved here!!  So good and sooo much food!!

That's the truth!! I can't remember the name of the dish, but when the family and I went to visit my parents in September, my father got this dish that Chinese sausage in it....oh....my....God!! It was unbelievable.

Sweet and Savory, my favorite dessert place! And at some point a few years ago, they changed their chef or cooking staff, because for years their shrimp and grits were quite frankly, just beyond words.....but then they made some changes and their menu food is still good, but not as good as it once was which is disappointing but still offer the most incredible desserts. Key lime pie!!! :D

Edited by BigBuff423
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Cruiserplayer said:

I know hot.  I lived in Atlanta for awhile and played baseball all the way through college.

The hottest place I've ever played was University of South Alabama or FAU in Boca Raton.  

I've been to Columbia several times because a plant I supported (I'm in HR) was in Columbia.  

I also lived in Phoenix for a year.  Different heat but still hot.

Extreme temps just never really bothered me.  I've lived in extreme cold in Minnesota and extreme hot in the south and southwest....I just get used to it.  I'm an outdoors guy and weather never keeps me inside unless it's a natural disaster.  

4 hours ago, CLTbills said:

Yeah. It's pretty freaking brutal from Mid-June through the end of August. I went to the Bills game here in week two. Good god it was awful.

To my wife there is no such thing as brutal summer weather.

Edited by PromoTheRobot