Mason Rudolph has tiny hands

15 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that this is where I chime in and mention Brees and Wilson

And there are hundreds who couldn’t.  Nothing is absolute, but these parameters matter. 

15 hours ago, KzooMike said:

One inch shouldn't make that big a difference, unless....:lol:

But seriously, I think the 6'0 vs 5'11 is like $100 vs $99.99. I agree, it's a psychological thing and will hurt him.  

The release point for Big Ben is like a foot higher than a 6-0 guy. And his eyes, nearly half a foot higher. Do we really think that is irrelevant? 

At a minimun its another hurdle to overcome. 

11 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

And there are hundreds who couldn’t.  Nothing is absolute, but these parameters matter. 

The release point for Big Ben is like a foot higher than a 6-0 guy. And his eyes, nearly half a foot higher. Do we really think that is irrelevant? 

At a minimun its another hurdle to overcome. 

That’s the point there are always outliers. Guys under 6’0” though haven’t gotten the opportunity. Guys like Brock Osweiler kick around while guys Flutie’s size go to Canada. The NFL should focus more on football skills than “is a guy 5’10 or 6’0?”

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s the point there are always outliers. Guys under 6’0” though haven’t gotten the opportunity. Guys like Brock Osweiler kick around while guys Flutie’s size go to Canada. The NFL should focus more on football skills than “is a guy 5’10 or 6’0?”

First of all Flutie was as limited a QB as any NFL QB I’ve seen, so I’m not ready to uphold him as evidence of anything. 

But in general it Seems like it’s just not that easy. Gamers in college have turned out to be Bums in the NFL too, and practice superstars have stepped out onto the field on game day and been disastrously bad. 

Conversly guys like Brady who couldn’t keep the starting job in college turn out to headline the GOAT conversation. 

I do think the wonderlic, starts and completion percentage is closer to a sheer “football” metric over others. 

No no one has nailed down the formula yet, so there is this mish mosh of overlaid “conventional theories”..  

but it I do believe, all other things being equal more often than not:

- taller works out better than shorter

- more athletic works out better than less athletic 

- smarter works out better than dumber

- stronger works out better than weaker

- bigger hands work out better than small hands

- faster works better than slower 

remember these scouts are sifting through hundreds if not thousands of prospect QBs, who all start to look the same. 

AND it is not very common that the winningest QBs at the collegiate level do so in the pros.  

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:51 AM, TheTruthHurts said:

Take him off your boards. ;)

Please let me know right now who would take Tajh Boyd and Johnny Manziel over Carr, Garoppolo, or Bridgewater.

Dumb stat.  'Nuff said.

Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M (9 7/8)

Tajh Boyd, Clemson (9 5/8)

Blake Bortles, Central Florida (9 3/8)

Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville (9 1/4)

Derek Carr, Fresno State (9 1/8)

Jimmy Garoppolo, Eastern Illinois (9 1/4)

Would love to see an NBA breakdown of hand size. Most of those guys are genetic freaks, including the shorter point guards. John Stockton was known to have massive hands, Rajon Rando i something like 6'2" with an 84" wingspan. Simply crazy. I found this on reddit, some guy talking about Michael Jordan's hand size relative to his own:

"Jordan's hands are huge. I have really big hands. I can play an 11th on the piano. At 9.75" my hands are bigger than many NFL QBs (per combine measurements)."

Jordan's hands.jpg

5 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Would love to see an NBA breakdown of hand size. Most of those guys are genetic freaks, including the shorter point guards. John Stockton was known to have massive hands, Rajon Rando i something like 6'2" with an 84" wingspan. Simply crazy. I found this on reddit, some guy talking about Michael Jordan's hand size relative to his own:

"Jordan's hands are huge. I have really big hands. I can play an 11th on the piano. At 9.75" my hands are bigger than many NFL QBs (per combine measurements)."

Jordan's hands.jpg

EE3560B4-6E54-4476-B358-E65C60B77748.jpeg

21BEEC12-5AD6-42E1-800E-6BDF85BE7E8F.jpeg