Remind Me - Why Didn't We Make a Run at Nick Foles?

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Well crap, now you made me respect you a little.

Damn you!

Fair enough. We're closer in beliefs than I think either of us thought. Your feelings on how I really feel about Taylor are probably a bit exaggerated, but oh well, it's the Internet.

I'm just excited to see what happens this offseason at QB. And whatever QB we acquire via draft or trade or whatever damn well better be a better QB than Case Keenum or Blake Bortles or Nick Foles despite the fact that everyone is a victim of the moment right now.

Ha! I’m sneaky like that. 

Im not even sure our pick will be better, but we have to take a shot. Find a guy and go get him- however is needed. Hopefully what appears to be a more stable franchise will help be a better foundation for whoever that pick is.... but we need to go hard for someone the coaches/scouts think have a shot 

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

Put him on the list.

He already had to be on the list...but it will take a trade.

His numbers in the last two half seasons he played would have put him on track for 4000 yards, but a lot of INTs. 

Still, I'd take him over any of the MN QBs or Smith.

(Fireworks, sirens, general widespread joy outside in Philly on this warm night. Fun!)

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Bills' fans Reactionary?  Nah, not at all. :lol:  At any rate, Foles will be right back in Philly next season backing up Wentz. 

I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Philly is in very bad cap shape and Foles is 7.6 million cap hit.

That's a lot for a backup.

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

It has paid off for them and they'll find a way to keep him. 

Let me add that there's no guarantee that Wentz is ready to begin the '18 season. 

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

They will make a good case or a number 1. A team with two number ones?

He's not that old and has some pretty impressive numbers, especially if he has shaken his INT tendency. He's a huge upgrade over TT.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It has paid off for them and they'll find a way to keep him. 

Let me add that there's no guarantee that Wentz is ready to begin the '18 season. 

True.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Bills' fans Reactionary?  Nah, not at all. :lol:  At any rate, Foles will be right back in Philly next season backing up Wentz. 

352 yards and 3 td’s vs an elite defense.  

Deserves a reaction no ?  

Your man’s Taylor would need 3 whole games vs the jags to get close to that.  

• Like (+1) 2

Please, don’t ask me...I was shouted down and nearly shunned that made this very same suggestion before he went to Philly. Foles is a decent QB, he much better than Tyrod but not nearly as good as the elite. He’s just “good”, not great - but “good” would have changed this team’s fortunes for the last two out of 3 years.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

352 yards and 3 td’s vs an elite defense.  

Deserves a reaction no ?  

Your man’s Taylor would need 3 whole games vs the jags to get close to that.  

Do you have the ability to make a post without the name Taylor in it? What a crusading idiot!

4 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Please, don’t ask me...I was shouted down and nearly shunned that made this very same suggestion before he went to Philly. Foles is a decent QB, he much better than Tyrod but not nearly as good as the elite. He’s just “good”, not great - but “good” would have changed this team’s fortunes for the last two out of 3 years.

Yup, I was on the Foles train a couple years ago also. He is way better than Tyrod.

Edited by PeterGriffin
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Do you have the ability to make a post without the name Taylor in it? What a crusading idiot!

Thats your mans.    You like to trash Foles, Cousins, Smith and others. 

Just showing you how wrong you are/were.  

Spare me the name calling. You’re the one failing left and right ???

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

Thats your mans.    You like to trash Foles, Cousins, Smith and others. 

Just showing you how wrong you are/were.  

Spare me the name calling. You’re the one failing left and right ???

The time has arrived for another addition to ignore. Bon voyage. 

Just now, Real McCoy said:

2nd troll post in 3 pages. Keep going your on fire tonight.

You must be kidding is trolling? Snowflake!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Sad 1

TT-- a great guy--...I am happy he is a multimillionaire.Because he got screwed over by dumb coaches in this league trying to make him into something he wasnt.

Someone could have designed a college type offense for him.Everything they tried to drum into him was unnatural to him. You cant learn how to play an entirely different game of football at 24 yrs old.-He had to think about everything.Nothing was natural.

Guy shoulda been running 10-12 times per game.-And had the defense so keyed on him that it woulda opened up lots of WRs on routes and big holes for RBs.