Anyone doing the Tide Pod challenge?

Just Jack

22 hours ago, row_33 said:

The Anthony’s of that generation one day just up and disappeared never to be heard from again, they’d be in their late 60s now if they lived. The current generation wont be that bold to go find themselves away from the family payroll

my father in law made a comment similar to this recently.  my wife has a younger cousin that's giving her aunt and uncle issues.  her parents paid for her college which they forced her to finish.  instead of getting a job in her major, she moved out to california.  now she's living on a boat, and working at a ropes course.  ok...fine.  the problem is they're still funding her lifestyle with an allowance.  they even bought her a house to live in here so she wouldn't move.  the she even threatened to not come home for christmas after her dad said he would withhold money from her.  anyway, some of the younger family members stick up for her, and just say it's her hippie nature.  it's not the hippie nature at all.  that's when my father in law made the comment that real hippie would up and leave, but not look for financial support from their parents.  they wanted to live the bohemian life, but wouldn't draw from someone to do so.  it was an interesting point.

15 minutes ago, teef said:

my father in law made a comment similar to this recently.  my wife has a younger cousin that's giving her aunt and uncle issues.  her parents paid for her college which they forced her to finish.  instead of getting a job in her major, she moved out to california.  now she's living on a boat, and working at a ropes course.  ok...fine.  the problem is they're still funding her lifestyle with an allowance.  they even bought her a house to live in here so she wouldn't move.  the she even threatened to not come home for christmas after her dad said he would withhold money from her.  anyway, some of the younger family members stick up for her, and just say it's her hippie nature.  it's not the hippie nature at all.  that's when my father in law made the comment that real hippie would up and leave, but not look for financial support from their parents.  they wanted to live the bohemian life, but wouldn't draw from someone to do so.  it was an interesting point.

two took off for Iran, pre-oil shock days

a few took off to join communes

not a peep from them since 1972 or so....

another lived with his grandma and when she told him to stop growing pot in her apartment he threatened her and he was then pitched out onto the street by 4 other relatives, never to be heard from again since 1973.

they are left as a big question mark in the Big Family Bible opening pages....  :(

I miss them still.

On 2018-01-19 at 2:26 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

:lol:

I actually did smoke morning glory seeds a long time ago.  I think I was like 14 or 15 years old, and my older brother told my friends and I that if you smoked the seeds you got high similar to smoking pot.  I knew what pot was because my brother smoked up in his room all the time, but I had not yet tried it.  

So we went to the store, bought a few packets of seeds, and went out in the woods and smoked some out of a homemade pipe we fashioned from the end of an old garden hose.  I remember being disappointed because all I felt was a headache.  True story.

IIRC, dried banana peels were another thing that were “rumored” to get you high if your smoked them.  Never tried that though.  Eventually, I just started smoking weed :D

When I was 18 and living in the South of France, me and a friend decided to take the overnight train to Florence. 

We dried out the banana peel and best as we could. Rolled it up and smoked it. 

It was a struggle. 

Afterwards we discussed. 

He asked me: How do you feel?

i said: like I just smoked a !@#$in banana 

• Haha (+1) 1

So last night I finally broke down and took the Tide Pod Challenge.

I decided against Coral Blast and instead went with Ocean Mist, and let me tell you!  I have never been whiter and brighter! 

I'm completely rejuvenated and utterly infused with a lush floral bouquet, hints of citrus, and refreshing sea air.

I look as great as I smell! 

• Haha (+1) 1

Straying a bit off topic, but still staying on topic, apparently Justin Trudeau made a comment about suggesting we say peoplekind instead of mankind and he is getting blasted for it on social media.  I saw this response and spit out my coffee......

image.thumb.png.3a7072b898b32aa23a58516394361682.png

• 1 month later...