Bon Jovi on Howard Stern Talking Buffalo Bills

KDIGGZ

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

It's not anybody's "fault"

"Bon Jovi" (i.e. the Toronto people with the actual money) offer an amount.

Trump offered an amount

Pegula offered a MUCH bigger amount than either of them and thus got the team.

If Bon Jovi wants to own 33% of an NFL team so badly maybe he should buy the Panthers and move to Carolina. Why did the dream die with the Bills?

Oh... because A) he doesn't have the $$ and B) the only reason he was involved with the Toronto group trying to buy the Bills was to put a popular American face on the Toronto group so everyone would buy their total BS about not moving the team.

You've definitely nailed it. 

16 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

Is this in pig Latin or the language those guys speak in Twin Peaks?

It's called a link.  Welcome to the internet.  I think you'll like it. 

On January 17, 2018 at 10:57 AM, kdiggz said:

Bon Jovi is pretty much banned for life in WNY, so now he's trying to smooth things over.  I'm not buying what he's selling.  He should just apologize and say he made a mistake.  I definitely believe the Trump story. 

Wait..you believe what Trump says??

23 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

The team was barred from even negotiating with any buyer who the even suspected of wanting to move the team.  So it would seem clear the trust and the County didn't think Toronto group would move, or they wouldn't have solicited a bid from them.

Also, Kryk said the Toronto group would have to come up with 500 million for relocation, 1.5-2 billion for a new stadium to be built at least 5 years after the purchase, plus at least a billion to buy the team.  Despite the wealth of Tannenbaum and the Rogers family, he said that group did not have nearly the cash on hand to pay for all of this to get the team to Toronto.  They bailed out.

Kryk also believes that Pegula will stonewall the league regarding a new stadium indefinitely, as the costs for a new place are skyrocketing every year due to the costs of raw materials--particularly steel.

Been a listener since 1987 when I spent a several years on Long Island.  K-Rock.

Come on dude.  Barred from negotiating from anyone even suspected?  What does that mean?  Your boy Kraft and his minion list out.  Deal with it.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Come on dude.  Barred from negotiating from anyone even suspected?  What does that mean?  Your boy Kraft and his minion list out.  Deal with it.  

Yeah, but who would ever suspect Jersey-born Jon Bovi and his Toronto-based group (who previously drew up plans for a Toronto stadium) from trying to move the team to the more profitable Toronto when they got the chance?  It's inconceivable! 

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Yeah, but who would ever suspect Jersey-born Jon Bovi and his Toronto-based group (who previously drew up plans for a Toronto stadium) from trying to move the team to the more profitable Toronto when they got the chance?  It's inconceivable! 

And they had Kraft running interference for them so you can see why WEO trusts them.

On 1/17/2018 at 10:29 AM, RobH063 said:

If Trump wanted the team so bad that he would sabotage another bidder by making up the Toronto story, then why didn't he sabotage the Pegula's because they were the bidder with the deep pockets and were the bigger threat to Trump. Unless Trump never really wanted to buy the Bills and was running point for the Pegula's.

Because Trump is all bark and no bite. He probably thought he’d actually win the bid and thought the Pegulas were smart enough not to overbid. Probably thought with enough public backlash on the Bon Jovi group would make them walk back their bid or drop out. 

Tbh, I wouldn’t put any of this past Trump. I believe he honestly thought the Pegulas would bid low because he doesn’t know them or their money and willingness to go broke to own the team than buy it at market price. He actually thinks he’s an alpha male. Alphas take, not manipulate into getting

On 1/17/2018 at 12:09 PM, row_33 said:

what THREE SITES in Ontario were fully established to host an NFL franchise?????

I'm really wanting to know this....

noted in a tweet a few days ago.

the horse race track on the east waterfront was one.

a site in mississauga was another.

and for some reason I can't recall the third site.

all three would have to be developed and likely rely on some government assistance, though, there was talk that the provincial government was willing to offer race-track site to group for $1 in exchange for the group to develop the property into a stadium/patriots-place-type entertainment/shopping complex.

jw

• Thank you (+1) 1