What's the price to move up and get our guy?

36 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

3rd overall pick:

- Based on the new trade chart we would need to give:

- 1-22, Future 1st, 2-21, 3-31

If that were the case (and assuming OBD likes QB3 in the draft), then we could pull this trade, and then look to trade back with 1-21 and regain that Future 1st. 

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

I dont belive that is a guarantee.  If Cleveland lands cousins do they have to pick a Qb at 1?  No.  You are not paying a Qb 100 plus million and take a Qb number 1 overall.  The giants could feel they are alot closer than they apear.  Get eli a line and a healthy ODB in a contract year you may trade down to pick up more picks to fix the line thise year and get an extra 1 next year to replace Eli.  

Those are pretty extreme lines of thinking. Why is Cousins signing with the worst team in pro sports by choice? When is the last time the Giants have picked this high? The last time they had a top 5 pick they drafted Rivers. I don't think they can afford to go another position with an aging QB and good QBs available. 

1 hour ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Been hearing that the Giants may not draft a QB at #2 because the new regime is OK with Manning for now.

If that is the case, and if OBD likes a guy bound to be there, then they should move whatever has to be moved to get there and draft him. 

I have been saying this forever.

For the Bills, Cordy Glenn has to be perceived as being healthy and coming back healthy.

Glenn is a huge chip in a deal with the Giants as their GM said priority number one was to fix the OL, even ahead of QB, and they are DESPERATE for quality LT. Glenn certainly fills that Bill.

Like I said, a healthy Glenn will go a long way for the Bills, meaning a little less draft capital to give up.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

I have been saying this forever.

For the Bills, Cordy Glenn has to be perceived as being healthy and coming back healthy.

Glenn is a huge chip in a deal with the Giants as their GM said priority number one was to fix the OL, even ahead of QB, and they are DESPERATE for quality LT. Glenn certainly fills that Bill.

Like I said, a healthy Glenn will go a long way for the Bills, meaning a little less draft capital to give up.

So Cordy, 21, 22 and a 2nd to move up there? That's a lot of value for an injured LT.

3 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Those are pretty extreme lines of thinking. Why is Cousins signing with the worst team in pro sports by choice? When is the last time the Giants have picked this high? The last time they had a top 5 pick they drafted Rivers. I don't think they can afford to go another position with an aging QB and good QBs available. 

Why?  He wants the most money and the most guaranteed money.  Cleveland has so much cap space they could give cousins a blank check.  I 100% believe Cousins goes to whatever teams pay him the most guaranteed money.  

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

Why?  He wants the most money and the most guaranteed money.  Cleveland has so much cap space they could give cousins a blank check.  I 100% believe Cousins goes to whatever teams pay him the most guaranteed money.  

I don't. I think he actually wants to win.

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

I don't. I think he actually wants to win.

Then 3 years ago why wouldn't he accept the bridge contract Washington offered?  Cleveland can offer so much more money than anyone Would you give up 30 mil guaranteed?  No one will  Denver doesnt have the cap space to make a mega offer.  I could see Cleveland offering the first fully guaranteed deal.  100 to 125 mil over 5 years all guaranteed.  Cleveland is desperate, and has so much cap space wicked combo for a Fa. 

4 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Then 3 years ago why wouldn't he accept the bridge contract Washington offered?  Cleveland can offer so much more money than anyone Would you give up 30 mil guaranteed?  No one will  Denver doesnt have the cap space to make a mega offer.  I could see Cleveland offering the first fully guaranteed deal.  100 to 125 mil over 5 years all guaranteed.  Cleveland is desperate, and has so much cap space wicked combo for a Fa. 

And it's in Cleveland's best interest to blow up their cap space on a 30 year old QB rather than taking the best QB in a draft that has good ones and having him on a rookie contract? I doubt it.

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

2 -  1s and a second to get Mayfield??

I agree.  There is something that is exciting about Mayfield, I think he could be for real.  He seems to love the game like Favre did and can make some special plays like Brees does.  I know Mayfield has had some off field issues, but I don't think he is a Johnny football type, and coach would take care of that.

...gotta say, I would probably be okay with him planting a Bills flag on Foxboro's 50 yard line after a win there.  Though the league might feel differently. 

2 hours ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

I understand the fears of trading away the farm to get our QB when we have so many other immediate needs. However, watching the Rams and Eagles this year, I can't help but remember how almost everyone laughed at them in 2016 when they paid the following to go get their QBs for the next decade or so:

Rams - Gave: 2016 1st, 2 2nds, 3rd, 2017 1st, 3rd

Received: 2016 1st overall pick, 4th, 6th

Eagles - Gave: 2016 1st, 3rd, 4th, 2017 1st, 2018 2nd

Received: 2016 2nd overall pick and a 2017 4th

I'm not saying we should make such a dramatic move just because it worked for both the Rams and Eagles so quickly. I'm asking - if Darnold and Rosen come out of the combine with projections of being "the guy" worthy, how much would you be willing to give away to go get them?

Yep i will do either package 

3 - Firsts 

Glenn

A 2nd

and a 4th

will get you to Two. And i would do that in a heartbeat to get Rosen or Darnold 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep i will do either package 

3 - Firsts 

Glenn

A 2nd

and a 4th

will get you to Two. And i would do that in a heartbeat to get Rosen or Darnold 

Do you REALLY want Rosen though? I feel like he has a big mouth and could tank a team that's playing poorly.

1 hour ago, NewEraBills said:

Yeah but are they OK with Manning as a bridge or just OK with Manning as their guy?  I see the Giants as, New GM, New Coaching Regime, they are getting their new QB.

Exactly.  You take the shot. You may not be in that position again.  If you wait and draft lower, the cost will be worse if you can make the deal.

GMs will be using Cleveland as a case study on what not to do to avoid being fired.

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

Do you REALLY want Rosen though? I feel like he has a big mouth and could tank a team that's playing poorly.

I do. He is going to be a top end QB in the league. Still has room to grow too. Put that UCLA team on his back with a trash defense and not mant NFLers on that offense.  

• Cleveland (0-16) .520
  • New York Giants (3-13) .531
  • Indianapolis (4-12) .480
  • Cleveland - from Houston (4-12) .516
  • Denver (5-11) .492
  • New York Jets (5-11) .520
  • Tampa Bay (5-11) .555
  • Chicago (5-11) .559
  • San Francisco (6-10)# .512
  • Oakland (6-10)# .512
  • Miami (6-10) .543
  • Cincinnati (7-9) .465
  • Washington (7-9) .539
  • Green Bay (7-9) .539
  • Arizona (8-8) .488
  • Baltimore (9-7) .441
  • Los Angeles Chargers (9-7) .457
  • Seattle (9-7) .492
  • Dallas (9-7) .496
  • Detroit (9-7) .496
  • Buffalo* (9-7) .492
  • Buffalo -

The question is how far up can the bills get and who will be left.  I see picks 1 and 2 being QBs so how much do you give up to take the 3rd best prospect?   Plus with denver and the jets being right up there I see it being a tough deal to make.  

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

IF the sign Cousins, there's no need to spend a 1st round pick on a QB. 

Sure there is.  We need to hedge our bets.

Don't forget Cousins was drafted in the fourth round the year RG III was drafted in the first.