I've lost all of my Saint Doug hate...

eball

9 hours ago, billsintaiwan said:

I don't mean to praise Marrone at all. It is just that Rex Ryan is, without a doubt, my least favorite Bills coach of all time. Worse than Hank Bullough, who was around when I old enough to have some idea of good and bad coaching.

I agree. Rex was my least favorite also. It's just funny the high praised Marrone (by some on this board), in his best season, was only 1 game better than god awful Rex in his best season. We have a better coach now, in McDermott. He won 9 games with the Bills roster, imagine how many games he would have won with Marrone's roster in Jacksonville. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan2313 said:

I agree. Rex was my least favorite also. It's just funny the high praised Marrone (by some on this board), in his best season, was only 1 game better than god awful Rex in his best season. We have a better coach now, in McDermott. He won 9 games with the Bills roster, imagine how many games he would have won with Marrone's roster in Jacksonville. 

I was not a big fan of Marrone since Bills games were frustrating to watch under  his regime.  However,  using number of wins as the sole criteria for evaluating the reign is ridiculous due to roster turnover.   I would look at other things like  player discipline ,  penalties, etc.  Marrone at least had the Bills well prepared for game day compared to the wild west under Rex.  

• Like (+1) 1

I'm tired of hearing about the Jags and Marrone.  I think they are way overrated.  If the Bills had any semblance of an offense they would have smoked the Jags.  Bills put up 3 while the Steelers put up over 40.  The Pats* will demonstrate how pedestrian the Jags really are.  And the Jags are not a Marrone team, they are a Coughlin team.  I never liked Doug, just didn't do it for me, something about him.  I hate both teams at this point but I think the Pats* are the better team and I think they should beat the Jags so I can enjoy Pats* losing the super bowl.  I would much rather see that then a Jags win.  I love when the Pats* lose a super bowl.  It's such a good feeling  :-)

Edited by phypon

54 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

I was not a big fan of Marrone since Bills games were frustrating to watch under  his regime.  However,  using number of wins as the sole criteria for evaluating the reign is ridiculous due to roster turnover.   I would look at other things like  player discipline ,  penalties, etc.  Marrone at least had the Bills well prepared for game day compared to the wild west under Rex.  

Yeah, if only the Bills weren't ranked 31st (thats bad) in penalties, under Marrone in 2014.  A 9-7 year by "Saint Doug", has given fans amnesia. 

• Like (+1) 1

I just read some things that might be interesting  - Coughlin owned the Pats* in their two appearances 

Marrone hasn't seen Coughlin's SB wins over Pats

Tom Coughlin put his stamp on Jaguars from moment he was hired

The two-time Super Bowl-winning coach returned as the Jaguars' football czar and instituted changes that many feel have turned the franchise around.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

On 1/16/2018 at 5:46 PM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I have no problem with Marrone, if my work !@#$ing up my contact and gave me a out worth millions I would probably take it too.

Agree 100%, if they would've fired Whaley and Brandon was moved far far far away from the Bills then I think he stays. Just speaking to Whaley probably made it happen, Whaley and Brandon are a huge reason for the playoff drought. I will be rooting for the Jaguars to beat the Patriots, it will be a hard game to watch because you have to swallow at least 2 BS calls but I'm going to do it.

Im with you man, go Jags. Hate hate hate the Pats, really want them sitting home for the SB.

On 1/15/2018 at 7:36 AM, Boyst62 said:

I wanted him to stay here. What he did trying to get more money was a smart move and acceptable by most standards. Something I'd never do and something a man should never do; but, he was within his right.

Still wish we would have kept him. And Fitz, and George Wilson, and Poz, and Searcy, and Fletcher, and Levitre (based on no backup alone)... And more. 

It was about power, not money.

Do you ever say anything that is accurate or are you 24/7 on an acid trip?

On 1/16/2018 at 12:42 PM, ProcessTheTrust said:

I joined a Jags message board the week of our game just to interact with them a bit. Went on today and they are posting that we are all salty about Marrone. I can't speak for everyone but I said many, if not most, are not. We've moved on and we actually hope they win. Our Pats hate supersedes all else.

No I'll take a pats win. I've learned how to deal with their winning and they beat everyone. I don't want to have to deal with Marrone and Dareus winning.

No thanks. Listening to 2 weeks of Marrone praise, no thanks. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

No I'll take a pats win. I've learned how to deal with their winning and they beat everyone. I don't want to have to deal with Marrone and Dareus winning.

I agree that would be tough to handle, but I just can't stand the thought of seeing Brady and Bill holding up the trophy again. I don't think the Jags can beat them but in this bizzaro word setup that came true, I have to root for them.

7 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

It was about power, not money.

Do you ever say anything that is accurate or are you 24/7 on an acid trip?

The second video played on MTV was Pat Benetar "you better run."

Your move...

On 1/16/2018 at 9:25 PM, Wayne Arnold said:

The team (specifically the defense) is absolutely loaded and has been healthy all season long. Right place, right time.

Didn't look that way the last five years...

On 1/16/2018 at 9:28 PM, BillsFan2313 said:

Relax bud, let's not blow this out of proportion. He sent a text to let his players know he was leaving, a text message. If you respect that, go right ahead. I don't respect that clown. 

You called Marrone a spineless coward and said that you have no respect for someone who quits their job.  I asked you to explain what he's done to demonstrate that he's a spineless coward and how quitting a job shouldn't be considered a shameful act yet somehow I am blowing something out of proportion? 

Sorry I asked you to provide examples supporting your unexplained name calling. ...Bud

Well, I don't hate Marrone any more, but after witnessing yesterday's 4th quarter I'm sure as hell glad he's no longer our coach.

Marrone and Hackett absolutely blew the game with brutal predictability and lack of situational awareness.  It's stunning.

• Like (+1) 1

I actually really like the look and makeup of this Jaguars team.

I absolutely love their approach to defense, with a total commitment to team speed even at the sacrifice of size.

They remind me of an NFL version of traditional Miami Hurricane, Florida Gator, and Fl. St. Seminole teams.

Ridiculous team speed on D.  The Bills need to look like that, particularly at the LB position.

1 hour ago, eball said:

Well, I don't hate Marrone any more, but after witnessing yesterday's 4th quarter I'm sure as hell glad he's no longer our coach.

Marrone and Hackett absolutely blew the game with brutal predictability and lack of situational awareness.  It's stunning.

now we can feel sad for him  (or not) 

On 1/17/2018 at 8:39 AM, BillsFan2313 said:

He won 9 games for one reason only: the Pats rested most of their starters in the final game for most of the game. If that game had mattered to NE, the Bills would have been bugsplat.

On 1/17/2018 at 3:00 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

I just read some things that might be interesting  - Coughlin owned the Pats* in their two appearances 

Marrone hasn't seen Coughlin's SB wins over Pats

Tom Coughlin put his stamp on Jaguars from moment he was hired

The two-time Super Bowl-winning coach returned as the Jaguars' football czar and instituted changes that many feel have turned the franchise around.

....saw the TC article last week...this observation was pure Coughlin influence....da Fuhrer may have mellowed a bit, but he is still in charge.....got his coaching start as HC of the Rochester Institute of Technology D3 Tigers football team back in 1985, originally haling from Waterloo NY about 40 miles east.....he has certainly made his mark......wonder if Mara regrets forcing him out in favor of Reese's Pieces....guy is 71 with PLENTY of football left in him....same goes for Wade as well as Lebeau (although Titans just let him walk) at age 80....remarkable stuff......

"There were more puckered-up a--h---s in this building when he was hired than you could imagine," he said. "The moment he was hired, people were nervous, and rightly so. The sense of accountability that he brings is unbelievable.