I've lost all of my Saint Doug hate...

eball

21 hours ago, Schmuggs said:

It’s funny because I had a bet who would make the playoffs first. We both did. 

Marrone was a great coach with a personality problem. He was changing our culture and things would be much better if he stayed. 

It’s just too bad the guy has no self respect or loyalty. But we don’t know what happened behind the scenes. 

There is no doubt; Marrone was our best coach since Levy. 

The bald ginger has potential but not there yet. 

Based on what?

On 1/15/2018 at 7:36 AM, Boyst62 said:

I wanted him to stay here. What he did trying to get more money was a smart move and acceptable by most standards. Something I'd never do and something a man should never do; but, he was within his right.

Still wish we would have kept him. And Fitz, and George Wilson, and Poz, and Searcy, and Fletcher, and Levitre (based on no backup alone)... And more. 

He destroyed the O line conceptually and effectively.
I miss him too..

8 hours ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

I joined a Jags message board the week of our game just to interact with them a bit. Went on today and they are posting that we are all salty about Marrone. I can't speak for everyone but I said many, if not most, are not. We've moved on and we actually hope they win. Our Pats hate supersedes all else.

remaining salty

vigilance is a virtue

hope they win of course

17 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

That's the thing. All of the "Marrone is a great coach" people can never prove it. There's nothing tangible to suggest that he's a great coach.

He coached a team this year that has been among the doormats of the league for at least 5 years and took them to the AFC Championship game with Blake Bortles as his starting QB.  Seems pretty impressive to me.

Just now, HT02 said:

He coached a team this year that has been among the doormats of the league for at least 5 years and took them to the AFC Championship game with Blake Bortles as his starting QB.  Seems pretty impressive to me.

The team (specifically the defense) is absolutely loaded and has been healthy all season long. Right place, right time.

3 hours ago, HT02 said:

Why do you say he's a spineless coward?  He obviously hated working with Whaley (rightfully so) and he did what was best for himself.  Nothing cowardice about that.  Would the Pegulas been spineless for firing him?

You don't have any respect for someone who quits their job?  That's a little harsh, I think slavery was abolished years ago and most people are free to leave their job when they don't like the circumstances.

Relax bud, let's not blow this out of proportion. He sent a text to let his players know he was leaving, a text message. If you respect that, go right ahead. I don't respect that clown. 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, billsintaiwan said:

And his quitting led to the Rex Years. Wasted football years.

Yep, that 9-7 season with Marrone (beating the Pats D squad to get to 9 wins), compared to Rex going 8-8 was so much more superb. No disrespect to you, just pointing out the over rating of the quitter by some on this board.

Edited by BillsFan2313

I think it was 2013, the last game of the year was against the Pats.  Two weeks before Marrone I believe said something along the lines of I'm 110% sure EJ will be our quarterback that day.

Thad Lewis started.  

Kinda all you need to know about the guy

On 1/15/2018 at 5:23 AM, ProcessTheTrust said:

Just realizing, not thinking it's gonna happen, but imagine the Jags vs Eagles SB. Our HC/OC/DC from 2014 all in the big game. Again, our playoff drought ending doesn't make that thought hurt nearly as much.

Not going to happen.  Let's just say that the hoodie has too much "tape" on Jacksonville.  And the Vikings.  And the eagles.

1 hour ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Yep, that 9-7 season with Marrone (beating the Pats D squad to get to 9 wins), compared to Rex going 8-8 was so much more superb. No disrespect to you, just pointing out the over rating of the quitter by some on this board.

I don't mean to praise Marrone at all. It is just that Rex Ryan is, without a doubt, my least favorite Bills coach of all time. Worse than Hank Bullough, who was around when I old enough to have some idea of good and bad coaching.

5 hours ago, JAMIEBUF12 said:

Never had any Doug hate.Liked him as a coach and when he quit I almost felt like the Pegulas forced him out.I wanted Jim Schwartz to take over the head coaching job.At least we have a good young head coach now so all is good....Go Bills!!

Me either, as Saint Doug was in an untenable position caught between what he wanted for the team and what the junior GM Whaley vs the senior GM Brandon allowed him to have.

The only thing I didn't like about Marrone was his choice for OC and the fact that he went into his first year as HC with no QB coach. If he had stayed we would likely still have Whaley/Bradon running things and 9-7 the best the team would ever accomplish. 

I'm kinda happy the way things worked out and I kinda want the Jags defense to break Brady's legs. :D

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, billsintaiwan said:

I don't mean to praise Marrone at all. It is just that Rex Ryan is, without a doubt, my least favorite Bills coach of all time. Worse than Hank Bullough, who was around when I old enough to have some idea of good and bad coaching.

Yeah, hiring Rex was definitely a mistake.  I wanted them to hire an offensive-minded coach and keep Schwartz as DC. 

5 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Me either, as Saint Doug was in an untenable position caught between what he wanted for the team and what the junior GM Whaley vs the senior GM Brandon allowed him to have.

The only thing I didn't like about Marrone was his choice for OC and the fact that he went into his first year as HC with no QB coach. If he had stayed we would likely still have Whaley/Bradon running things and 9-7 the best the team would ever accomplish. 

I'm kinda happy the way things worked out and I kinda want the Jags defense to break Brady's legs. :D

They have the talent on D to make things interesting.