Tim Graham Is Destroying A Jacksonville Employee on Twitter

BuffaloRush

9 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Never knew there was such hate for Tim Graham here.  I think he was right for firing back at this Jaguar employee.  He does come off as a prick at times on Twitter - but I'm a fan of his work

TG used to post on this forum.  When individuals here disagreed with what he had to say, he got upset and left.

There were a small handful of posters (including a former well respected forum member, also a journalist, who shared some of TG's less than desirable personality traits) who defended him.  Some of those folks left the board in "solidarity" with Tim.

I will end this by saying that I agree with the earlier poster's comment regarding Tim being his own worst enemy.  I think that extends to print journalism in general and is one of the reasons why newspapers aren't adapting to the times.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

TG used to post on this forum.  When individuals here disagreed with what he had to say, he got upset and left.

There were a small handful of posters (including a former well respected forum member, also a journalist, who shared some of TG's less than desirable personality traits) who defended him.  Some of those folks left the board in "solidarity" with Tim.

I will end this by saying that I agree with the earlier poster's comment regarding Tim being his own worst enemy.  I think that extends to print journalism in general and is one of the reasons why newspapers aren't adapting to the times.

Fair enough and thanks for the info on Tim's past on here.  I had no idea.

I think the issue with print journalism is more the medium than anything.  Newspapers made most of their money from local advertising and a smaller amount from subscriptions.  People aren't getting news from newspapers, when they can get news easier and quicker from online resources. 

I think the whole Buffalo Blitz subscription is a joke 

7 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

Finally, I know I'm not the only one who doesn't blindly worship this person.  My GOD!!!!!  And the word, "personality" is loosely used.

8 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Fair enough and thanks for the info on Tim's past on here.  I had no idea.

I think the issue with print journalism is more the medium than anything.  Newspapers made most of their money from local advertising and a smaller amount from subscriptions.  People aren't getting news from newspapers, when they can get news easier and quicker from online resources. 

I think the whole Buffalo Blitz subscription is a joke 

You know what really was a dagger to newspapers? Free classifieds on Craigslist. I kid you not. Classifieds were a cash cow for papers.

1 hour ago, jmc12290 said:

Because he'll simultaneously act like a  scorned 15 year old girl and miserable middle-aged man at the same time?

Tim Graham is Tim Graham's biggest enemy, and everytime he does a spat like this, he looks worse than his target.  He's the one who has to live with his reputation.  I would rather call him out and have him (unfunnily) roast me on Twitter than have to wake up as him.  And that's the God's honest truth.

I don't know. Everything he said looks fine to me. 

Graham is one of the most interesting twitter reads out there, though I say this as a person who spends very little time on twitter. But he's consistently interesting and funny whenever I don end up checking in for some reason.

45 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

I was around for that, and it wasn't just disagreement that had him leaving. It was rudeness and personal insults. Under the circumstances, it seemed reasonable to me at the time. I'd have left too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rob's House said:

This thread reminds me of the time I clicked on the headline "George Clooney eviscerates Steve Wynn" to learn that Clooney called him an !@#$. That was the extent of the "evisceration".

Pretty much. Only I bet a thread wasn’t started about it somewhere.

7 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I was around for that, and it wasn't just disagreement that had him leaving. It was rudeness and personal insults. Under the circumstances, it seemed reasonable to me at the time. I'd have left too.

It's his decision if he wants to participate, but IIRC it was only one guy who was giving him ****. He seemed a little touchy IMO.

3 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Never knew there was such hate for Tim Graham here.  I think he was right for firing back at this Jaguar employee.  He does come off as a prick at times on Twitter - but I'm a fan of his work

You don't know the half of it.  There have been many former Bills players who have left in free agency, trade, or what not and the vitriol spewed is shocking!.  Ok so you don't like the player before he left, we get that but to HATE  him is beyond words.  He committed no crime and played his best but he's not longer here.  But there are those who have been involved in horrific "situations" and remain much beloved.  Wow!

3 hours ago, Rob's House said:

It's his decision if he wants to participate, but IIRC it was only one guy who was giving him ****. He seemed a little touchy IMO.

I don't think so. 

It's his M.O. He engages if people give him crap, and he does it with great consistency, and in my opinion very well indeed. And engaging consistently isn't a bad strategy on social media, looked at from a corporations POV, like the Buffalo News.

5 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Tim graham is a grade a !@#$ and was when he briefly posted here. He also holds his journalistic credibility higher than any of his readers. He’s a hack, and looks like a buffoon in this Twitter exchange.

• Like (+1) 1