A Traitor for Senate

The_Dude

Just now, /dev/null said:

i remember during the Roy Moore circus there were rumblings that if elected the Senate would refuse to seat Moore.

If Bradley Manning somehow won the Senate should consider refusing to seat him

It should be unqualified as it is. It leaked classified information. I’m al for it when Wikileaks does it, but not a soldier. It should have been executed by firing squad. 

It is making a mockery of our political system by running. This is disgusting and I know It will get votes. If nothing else I’m sure It will vault this stunt into becoming some sort of “special contributor” for Rachael Maddow or some other anti-American libtard. 

d0Q4voGK_bigger.jpgCBS NewsVerified account @CBSNews
FollowFollow @CBSNews

Chelsea Manning, the transgender soldier who was convicted of giving classified information to WikiLeaks, has filed to run for U.S. Senate in Maryland http://cbsn.ws/2r5kT3y 

Hopefully the opposition research won't turn up anything bad..........:lol:

Edited by B-Man

I tend to give a guy a pass who has experienced years of captivity and torture. On the one hand I understand that he turned down his own release (due to his ancestry) which is certainly honorable. On the other hand, he's been a dick for decades in the Senate. I'd be happy to just see him go away.

Edit: when I say he should just go away I'm not wishing that his brain cancer does him in. I'd prefer a long retirement.

Edited by 3rdnlng
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He most certainly is not.

I don’t love everything about the mans politics but there is no stain on his military record. John McCain served our country with honor and as a former soldier I will say that I’m glad I never had to experience the pain and suffering John McCain endured for his country. 

Gees, who else gave information to Wikileaks? 

The messages, obtained by The Atlantic, were also turned over by Trump Jr.’s lawyers to congressional investigators. They are part of a long—and largely one-sided—correspondence between WikiLeaks and the president’s son that continued until at least July 2017. The messages show WikiLeaks, a radical transparency organization that the American intelligence community believeswas chosen by the Russian government to disseminate the information it had hacked, actively soliciting Trump Jr.’s cooperation. WikiLeaks made a series of increasingly bold requests, including asking for Trump’s tax returns, urging the Trump campaign on Election Day to reject the results of the election as rigged, and requesting that the president-elect tell Australia to appoint Julian Assange ambassador to the United States.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/11/the-secret-correspondence-between-donald-trump-jr-and-wikileaks/545738/

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

I don’t love everything about the mans politics but there is no stain on his military record. John McCain served our country with honor and as a former soldier I will say that I’m glad I never had to experience the pain and suffering John McCain endured for his country. 

He put this country in bed with ISIS in order to fight his proxy war. That's treasonous, regardless of his prior military service. McCain is as dirty as it gets. He's part of the problem, not someone to be lauded. 

McCain-ISIS.jpg

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He put this country in bed with ISIS in order to fight his proxy war. That's treasonous, regardless of his prior military service. McCain is as dirty as it gets. He's part of the problem, not someone to be lauded. 

McCain-ISIS.jpg

K. 

1. Memes can be informative but I don’t rely on them for my information. 

2. Proxy wars using Muslims is ALWAYS a bad idea. 

3. That’s not treason. At the time they may have felt it was a good way to dispose the Assad regime. 

To be treason there has to be intent to harm the nation. At no point has that been McCains agenda. 

4 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

K. 

1. Memes can be informative but I don’t rely on them for my information. 

2. Proxy wars using Muslims is ALWAYS a bad idea. 

3. That’s not treason. At the time they may have felt it was a good way to dispose the Assad regime. 

To be treason there has to be intent to harm the nation. At no point has that been McCains agenda. 

This is false. Dig more. There's lots out there on Sidney. The memes are easy to digest but also easy to fake - first hand documentation is not. 

There's a reason he's wearing a surgical boot today, and it has nothing to do with an injured foot.

38 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is false. Dig more. There's lots out there on Sidney. The memes are easy to digest but also easy to fake - first hand documentation is not. 

There's a reason he's wearing a surgical boot today, and it has nothing to do with an injured foot.

I don’t know what “Sidney” is. 

I will say I’m not a conspiracy theorist though. 

John McCain went through hell for this country and this country owes him, and every other Vietnam vet that saw combat, gratitude and an apology on behalf of the country. 

America didn’t lose Vietnam in the field, it lost the war in America. In the end McCain’s sacrifice was in vain and that’s a national disgrace that we can never accept again. 

15 hours ago, The_Dude said:

John McCain is a man of honor. “Songbird McCain” and other such tales have not been substantiated. 

Not my point.  My point was: you can easily make up stories about McCain "being controlled by" the North Vietnamese as you can about Trump and Russia, or Clinton and Russia, or Pelosi and Assad, or Bush and the House of Saud.  And they're just as meaningful.

Yes, it's off topic.  But the topic is prima facie !@#$ing stupid.

59 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I don’t know what “Sidney” is. 

I will say I’m not a conspiracy theorist though. 

John McCain went through hell for this country and this country owes him, and every other Vietnam vet that saw combat, gratitude and an apology on behalf of the country. 

America didn’t lose Vietnam in the field, it lost the war in America. In the end McCain’s sacrifice was in vain and that’s a national disgrace that we can never accept again. 

When a man sells out his principles and country to our enemies, his prior military service or pain becomes irrelevant. Look into the McCain foundation and where it's money is coming from. Look into McCains efforts to fund, arm, and train jihadists who yell "death to America" while they burn babies. 

Sidney is not a patriot. He's a traitor, and history will remember him as such. 

11 hours ago, sherpa said:

I think the attempted sullying of McCain with regard to his POW experience is contemptible.

As is calling him a hero, or any sort of exemplary person, just because of his POW experience.

49 minutes ago, Paulus said:

As is calling him a hero, or any sort of exemplary person, just because of his POW experience.

He is certainly not a hero, but neither is he guilty of treason.

Jeremiah Denton and James Stockdale were heroes.

Calling him a hero is an overstatement.

Calling him treasonous is contemptible. 

Edited by sherpa
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, sherpa said:

He is certainly not a hero, but neither is he guilty of treason.

Jeremiah Denton and James Stockdale were heroes.

Calling him a hero is an overstatement.

Calling him treasonous is contemptible. 

When the medical boot fits... 

1060x600-abcc0a59c787cd08e2e20f9a78ea57e

I'd also refer you to pages 220-221 of Simpson's testimony regarding McCain's involvement in distributing the dossier in November to both the FBI and Buzzfeed (which makes him officially part of a soft coup attempt if it turns out that the dossier was as bogus as it keeps turning out to be- which is by definition treasonous). 

Sid has denied both, multiple times... and yet the evidence keeps coming back that he's lying through his teeth:

He says he wants information to give to 10 Senator McCain so that Senator McCain can ask questions about it at the FBI, with the leadership of the FBI.

But anyway, he did say someone that he worked with in the past who was a former UK government official with experience in Russia had had this conversation with David Kramer and John McCain and that Senator McCain had followed up on it as to what more there was to know about these allegations, this information.

SNIP

Q. -- did you provide the memoranda to him? (McCain) 

MR. LEVY: The answer to that question might implicate privilege and other obligations. So he's going to decline to answer the question.

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/3/9/3974a291-ddbe-4525-9ed1-22bab43c05ae/934A3562824CACA7BB4D915E97709D2F.simpson-transcript-redacted.pdf

Edited by Deranged Rhino
added recent testimony

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

You clearly know that I am talking about accusing him of treason based on his behavior as a POW.

Frankly, I am not interested in this "boot" vector.

:beer: Fair. Apologies, thought that was directed at me. 

And I'm clearly not talking about his efforts in Vietnam (for those who aren't clear)

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

When a man sells out his principles and country to our enemies, his prior military service or pain becomes irrelevant. Look into the McCain foundation and where it's money is coming from. Look into McCains efforts to fund, arm, and train jihadists who yell "death to America" while they burn babies. 

Sidney is not a patriot. He's a traitor, and history will remember him as such. 

You do know you can’t control your proxies right? McCain may have bet on the wrong horse. McCain doesn’t love terrorism or hate America. That is just too far down the rabbit hole. 

That said, America should never use Muslim proxies. They cannot be trusted and they will always stab you in the back. 

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

You do know you can’t control your proxies right? McCain may have bet on the wrong horse. McCain doesn’t love terrorism or hate America. That is just too far down the rabbit hole. 

That said, America should never use Muslim proxies. They cannot be trusted and they will always stab you in the back. 

What?? Wow 

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ya, your stance on Muslims 

My thoughts on Islam are complex. I was 19 when we invaded Iraq. I knew nothing of them or their religion at the time. I got a real quick crash course shortly after arriving in country. 

Ive made friends with many Muslims. But we must not allow them a foothold in our country. 

Their religion is a farce Created by an ambitious nobody who wanted to be a warlord. You need to understand the early history of Islam and the Hadith to understand why it cannot coexist in mass with our civilization. 

A muslim is a person and people make choices to do good or to do bad. 

MuslimS on the other hand are an entirely different thing. You cannot have a large number of Muslims and peace. It has never been a thing and it’s because their religion calls for a fascist form of government. 

Im not about making awful relationships with Muslims. I’m for strengthening them because we must coexist globally. We can better our relations through trade deals. But we cannot allow a large Muslim population in our country. 

I love America. I’m about allowing anybody in....except them. And like I’ve said, my feelings on the issue are complex. 

5 hours ago, The_Dude said:

The only horse Sid was betting on was himself. Knowingly trying to save his own ass at the expense of his country. That's not noble. That darn sure isn't patriotic. 

Just watch how it unfolds the next couple of months. You're going to have a change of opinion on the man, I'm pretty confident in that. 

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Chelsea Manning is running for the U.S. Senate in Maryland … between this and Oprah we’re pretty sure it’s safe to say the Democrats have lost their ever-loving minds.

Try Not to Laugh.

Trying to look beyond his/her past and qualifications or lackthereof and simply listening to the message while not laughing....That's what you want to say to potential voters in your first public message?   

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Chelsea Manning is running for the U.S. Senate in Maryland … between this and Oprah we’re pretty sure it’s safe to say the Democrats have lost their ever-loving minds.

Try Not to Laugh.

Sorry, Brad.  Between Trump, Franken, Pelosi, Cynthia McKinnie, and Hank Johnson, we've already hit our quota of retards we're allowed to elect this century.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Try Not to Laugh.

I'm not sure what was more amusing the 'we don't need good leaders' line or the attempt to use a highway sound barrier as some form of police-state wall separating people (from the highway).

Of course, we need a traitorous freak in Washington!

Edited by Koko78