39 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

My early list:

Chudzinski

Bevell

Daboll

DeFilippo

McCoy

Canada

Good list.  I really have no desire for McCoy myself, but I know some do.

I know a lot of people might think his offense might be too far out of the box, but the name that intrigues me most is Matt Canada.  Some might think his offense relies too much on motion, gimmicks, etc, but I have always been a firm believer in doing something on offense that nobody else does.  This makes you harder to prepare for, especially if teams only see him once in a while.  It's one thing to watch the offense on tape, but completely different when seeing it live.  I think you get a leg up this way.

I have watched a lot of his offense over the years and it is definitely different and something that you don't see anywhere else and I think he is a very creative mind that can design plays that win on a regular basis.  Yes, Peterman was his QB, but that is not the reason I want him.  While that is an advantage if you do plan on using Peterman next year, I don't think he has the physical tools to be a long term answer.  But, I have seen Peterman in that offense and he did a lot of great things.  The idea of putting a better QB in that same system is pretty exciting.

For me, I would love to have Canada here with Chud a close 2nd.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Neither were good enough and the Bills are trying to move on from both.

simple as this..... certain people are so hung up on blaming taylor that they'll give everyone else a pass though.... and if you do happen to blame anyone else then it must mean you want taylor back.

bring in the new OC you would like to have. give him a list of free agents and rookies and say "who do we need to get for you to make this a productive offense" and start fresh.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

What did you like about his offense? That the passing game got worse? How about the running game regressing? Did you like the development of the rookie QB? Did you like the regression of the red zone offense? What about the increase in turnovers? What about the way that his highly drafted receiver performed? You must have liked the halftime adjustments then. Specifically what about his offense did you like? 

His passing concepts were light years ahead of Roman's.  He made key adjustments throughout the year that basically saved the offense.  He knew Taylor sucked and wanted his ass yanked.

All of those things are important to me.  You people will make excuses that TT sucked worse in 2017 because he had trash WR's and backup RB's and OL, but the OC gets no slack for having absolute garbage players forced down his throat.  You think it was Dennison's call that Zay and Tolbert were on the roster?

Like come on.  

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

If i remember right Juan was hired before Dennison was after McD got hired 

Yes. But it was after we were turned down by McCoy and Greg Olson.

Honestly, I think McDermott has a hard choice right now between a guy who was his first choice last year when he was hired but probably didn't think would be available again (Mike McCoy) and a guy who he conceivably could have forsaw coming available after his first year as HC and who he may have locked in on behind the scenes(Chud).

Dennison was hired to be fired.  Wasn't wanted and his entire staff was in place before he came aboard.

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

What did you like about his offense? That the passing game got worse? How about the running game regressing? Did you like the development of the rookie QB? Did you like the regression of the red zone offense? What about the increase in turnovers? What about the way that his highly drafted receiver performed? You must have liked the halftime adjustments then. Specifically what about his offense did you like? 

Other than that, he was pretty good.B-)

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, jmc12290 said:

His passing concepts were light years ahead of Roman's.  He made key adjustments throughout the year that basically saved the offense.  He knew Taylor sucked and wanted his ass yanked.

All of those things are important to me.  You people will make excuses that TT sucked worse in 2017 because he had trash WR's and backup RB's and OL, but the OC gets no slack for having absolute garbage players forced down his throat.  You think it was Dennison's call that Zay and Tolbert were on the roster?

Like come on.  

His passing concepts were less effective. His passing game was less effective.

You think that an OC that hired Zay’s WR coach didn’t want him on the roster?!? 

Everything got worse under Dennison. What he is responsible for is the offense. With largely the same guys they got worse across the board. 

1 minute ago, MDFan said:

Other than that, he was pretty good.B-)

Seriously, all of those things happened and there are people saying that he was “scapegoated.” My God, how could he not have been canned?!?

9 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

Chadwick will come on and claim he told us all

Yesterday in another thread I said if Dennison is fired, we will hear about it today(Friday) because yesterday is when McDermott was meeting with all the coaches. Not looking for a pat on the back, but just goes to show you how if you throw enough stuff out there on a message board, some of it will come true 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

His passing concepts were less effective. His passing game was less effective.

You think that an OC that hired Zay’s WR coach didn’t want him on the roster?!? 

Everything got worse under Dennison. What he is responsible for is the offense. With largely the same guys they got worse across the board. 

Seriously, all of those things happened and there are people saying that he was “scapegoated.” My God, how could he not have been canned?!?

Largely the same guys???? You said it yourself, Zay was the worst rookie WR EVER! How the !@#$ is that "largely the same guys?"

This is the junk I'm talking about.  Zay Jones putting up the worst year at WR ever, our best, most effective WR being picked up off the street like week 7, our QB being horrible, and it's our OC's fault our passing attack sucked.  :lol::lol:

I don't think Rick Dennison had much of a say in anything.  He didn't get to pick his OL coach for Christ's sake.  

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Yesterday in another thread I said if Dennison is fired, we will hear about it today(Friday) because yesterday is when McDermott was meeting with all the coaches. Not looking for a pat on the back, but just goes to show you how if you throw enough stuff out there on a message board, some of it will come true 

Well, you got one from me, Step!

7 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Well, a pat on the back depends. You're not from Dunkirk by any chance, are you?

4 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Largely the same guys???? You said it yourself, Zay was the worst rookie WR EVER! How the !@#$ is that "largely the same guys?"

This is the junk I'm talking about.  Zay Jones putting up the worst year at WR ever, our best, most effective WR being picked up off the street like week 7, our QB being horrible, and it's our OC's fault our passing attack sucked.  :lol::lol:

I don't think Rick Dennison had much of a say in anything.  He didn't get to pick his OL coach for Christ's sake.  

Why did our run game suck? Why did our red zone offense suck? Who called a slant to Tolbert, split wide, on 3rd and goal at the 17? Who was responsible for developing Peterman? 

The Bills offense got worse in every single area!!! You liked his passing concepts more but they worked less. If you can’t see how awful Dennison was, it’s because you don’t want t. You want 100% of the blame to fall on Tyrod. Like everything, the blame gets shared and Dennison owns A LOT of it. That’s why McD made the decision (and it wasn’t a difficult one).

• Like (+1) 2