Bad Drivers

TSNBDSC

Driving home from work this afternoon along a four lane highway coming upon the traffic light with another road.  Two left turn lanes open up and I get into the leftmost lane behind a sedan a few cars behind the light.  Light turns green and both turn lanes are turning when an F150ish 4x4 truck in the other turn lane cuts off the sedan in front of me en route to a U-Turn

:censored:hole

Just now, /dev/null said:

Driving home from work this afternoon along a four lane highway coming upon the traffic light with another road.  Two left turn lanes open up and I get into the leftmost lane behind a sedan a few cars behind the light.  Light turns green and both turn lanes are turning when an F150ish 4x4 truck in the other turn lane cuts off the sedan in front of me en route to a U-Turn

:censored:hole

Definitely wasn't @BringBackFergy.

@CountryCletus

@mrags

@Flutie Flakes

Edited by Gugny

Most guys driving the F150 - F250 trucks are compensating for something. The other thing I notice is most of these guys are taking sudden U turns when they are lost, as if to say “where the hell is that OBGYN doctor’s office again?....oh, there it is...I guess I should turn around right here”. 

4 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Most guys driving the F150 - F250 trucks are compensating for something. The other thing I notice is most of these guys are taking sudden U turns when they are lost, as if to say “where the hell is that OBGYN doctor’s office again?....oh, there it is...I guess I should turn around right here”. 

According to you, the Tundra is by far a bigger better, more superior vehicle. So by that rationale, wouldn’t you be the one overcompensating for something?

27 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Not bigger...just more powerful.

Not really.  The only reason that claim even partially holds water is that Toyota does not offer a V6 flex-fuel base model like the Americans do. If you compare apples to apples Toyota does not hold its own.  Toyota has nothing that even comes close to GM's 6.2l V8.

Under the hood lurks another fossil. Slide the metal key into the ignition slot (push-button start is not available), give it a turn, and Toyota’s i-Force 32-valve V-8 roars to life. The aluminum 5.7-liter V-8 has remained unchanged since its debut in 2007, and the howl of the hydraulically clutched cooling fan provides a reminder of that. This old mill is good for 381 horsepower and 401 lb-ft of torque, enough to take the 5858-pound sled from zero to 60 mph in 6.4 seconds and cover the quarter-mile in 15.1 seconds. That matches the all-new Nissan Titan Pro-4X we recently tested, recording the same time to 60, and beats the Titan by 0.1 second in the quarter-mile. The Toyota doesn’t stack up so well when compared with the best-selling trucks, however. A Chevrolet Silverado with its 420-hp 6.2-liter V-8 we tested back in 2015 ran to 60 mph in 5.7 seconds and hustled through the quarter-mile in 14.3; a Ford F-150 with its previous 365-hp 3.5-liter twin-turbocharged V-6 performed the tasks in 5.6 and 14.4 seconds.

https://www.caranddriver.com/toyota/tundra

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-gmc-sierra-in-depth-model-review-2017-gmc-sierra-engine-and-transmission-review-car-and-driver-page-2

21 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Back in the day when my Father drove an 18 wheeler for Xerox, a woman in a small car drove right up under his rear wheels and was killed.  I was in the truck with him...probably 3 or 4 years old.  Come to find out, the woman was putting on make-up using her rear view mirror.

Whoa, that's awful, man.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Holy good lord!  Scary.

Yes. Probably the worst thing I have ever seen and I feel incredibly sorry for whoever was in there and their loved ones that weren't.

Probably one of the best teaching videos I have come across.  I watched it with my daughter prior to teaching her how to drive on winter roads, she is now a Freshman in college. I just watched it a month or two ago with my 16 year old son.  Textbook over compensating when the the driver let's the left tire drift into the unplowed road.  The driver needed to execute what I like to call the butt pucker move and straight line it back onto the clean road.

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Not bigger...just more powerful.

So you agree that most Ford truck owners are looking for their OB/GYN doctor's office?

Well yeah, because we actually have women in our lives. Unlike a bunch of Toyota driving guys that still live in their grandmas basement. Wondering if they will ever find a girl that enjoys Dungeons and Dragons as much as they do. 

54 minutes ago, mrags said:

Well yeah, because we actually have women in our lives. Unlike a bunch of Toyota driving guys that still live in their grandmas basement. Wondering if they will ever find a girl that enjoys Dungeons and Dragons as much as they do. 

Can't believe you used your 11,000th post to make fun of my board gaming.