Poll: Will Dennison Be Fired?

Fadingpain

When will Dennison Be Fired?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Will Dennison Be Fired, and if so, When?

• YES, in the next couple of days; we need to have a shot at top prospects becoming available
    • YES, but it will take longer to sort it out
    • NO, he will remain as OC

My instinct is that he should, but when I go back and look at film of the really bad games, I don't think so.  Tyrod has simply missed wide open receivers down the field on too many occasions.  He should have had two TD's this last weekend and instead came away with a whopping 3 points.  I don't think he'll be fired.  I think he's got another year with a new quarterback at the helm.  For the record as well, I don't care if they do fire him.  I've got no skin in the game.

I think he should be, but I voted that he'll stay.  I hope that McDermott tries to upgrade that spot in the offseason.  My thought is that unless McDermott's idea of the perfect guy is available, he'll go for continuity, but another year like this will provoke a firing regardless.  I am very encouraged by McDermott's press conference today - saying he's unhappy with the offense overall, not pinning it all on Tyrod (he's part of the problem, not the whole problem), and not giving any sort of vote of confidence to Dennison.  I feel like Dennison basically needs elite talent across the board, or at least at QB, for his offense to be successful.  That could be worse; he could be so bad that he'd fail even with elite talent.  But I'd like it to be better.

People who want Dennison to come back: where do you think he ranks out of the 32 offensive coordinators?  Personally, I would think he's somewhere in the 20s.

2 hours ago, BobChalmers said:

McCoy sounds like a good option.  He was obviously highly regarded enough as an OC in the past to get a HC job, and it's not like the offense in Denver got better when they fired him - he really looks like a scapegoat there for a really bad overall situation.

I would love to have McCoy, more than than one of the recently fired Carolina guys.  

Finally had a chance to listen to the post-season PC.

I found the comments encouraging in that no effort of any kind was made to defend anyone on the staff, it was mentioned more than once that they are always trying to improve and will evaluate everything, and Beane also made it clear we are prepared to move up or do what it takes to get guys we like in the draft.

They do a good job of talking while saying nothing, but I interpreted their comments to mean:

1) We would absolutely, conceptually, replace anyone on the staff if we think we can upgrade that position

and

2) We would absolutely, conceptually move up in the draft to get our guy at QB if a deal can be done to get our guy.

This is going to be a very entertaining off-season.

51 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ugh

I vote for C: both

I would feel better about signing McCoy than Shula

Agreed. I don't want another OC who can't use the talent he has available. McCaffrey played well when put in the opportunity to succeed, you can't waste talent in this league and expect to win. 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'd be happy to be wrong

I understand the vote.....i dont think its indicitvie of people thinking he can or may do a good job with a different QB......I think its likely this new coaching regime will maybe give him another shot with a different QB to chalk it up to a bad 1st year......my fear is we all saw the head scratching playcalling etc....his history does not bode well at all.....i just think looking back it was a mistake taking him in....cut your losses now i say........I now believe what all denver fans were saying......

1 minute ago, SNICE said:

Should be but will depend on who McBeane thinks they can get as replacement.

keeping my fingers crossed

What he can get as a replacement is going to diminish the longer he waits!

Must act reasonably fast.

7 hours ago, Dr. Fong said:

Should he? Yes. Will he? No.

This.

15 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

What he can get as a replacement is going to diminish the longer he waits!

Must act reasonably fast.

Not if we want someone from a playoff team. Such as DeFilippo from the Eagles.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

After hearing the press conference today, I think there's a good chance he'll be fired.  McDermott and Beane made some very interesting comments today which make you think that firing him may be an option.  There definitely wasn't an support for him.

If they make a move, they need to act fairly soon.  There are 6 OC currently open, and you have to think the dominos will start to fall soon.

The one move I'm weary of would be keeping Dennison but hiring Ken Dorsey for a position on the coaching staff.  The Bills would keep Dennison on a short leash only to hand to reigns to Dorsey if he fails.  I just think if this is the plan, they need to fire him now.

6 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

After hearing the press conference today, I think there's a good chance he'll be fired.  McDermott and Beane made some very interesting comments today which make you think that firing him may be an option.  There definitely wasn't an support for him.

If they make a move, they need to act fairly soon.  There are 6 OC currently open, and you have to think the dominos will start to fall soon.

The one move I'm weary of would be keeping Dennison but hiring Ken Dorsey for a position on the coaching staff.  The Bills would keep Dennison on a short leash only to hand to reigns to Dorsey if he fails.  I just think if this is the plan, they need to fire him now.

Wouldnt mind bringing Dorsey in at QB Coach if we were able to also land DeFilippo as OC. That would be a good QB development group, imo. At least much better than what we currently have on staff, that's for sure.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

14 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This.

Not if we want someone from a playoff team. Such as DiFilippo from the Eagles.

You want to go with a promotional hiring and a first time OC?

I'd rather go with experience I think.