The 1st and goal throw to benjamin

Steptide

I know this has been plenty discussed. On wgr they've mentioned a few times asking if that was a Dennison call or did Tyrod decide to run that play? 

Imo this was 100% Dennison and a good reason why he needs to go. I believe it was the 1st new England game when Tyrod went out of the game injured and Peterman came in, got the bills down to the goal line and threw 3 fade passes in the endzone. The Patriots game was long gone at that point, but it's atrocious play calling. It's time to move on

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I know this has been plenty discussed. On wgr they've mentioned a few times asking if that was a Dennison call or did Tyrod decide to run that play? 

Imo this was 100% Dennison and a good reason why he needs to go. I believe it was the 1st new England game when Tyrod went out of the game injured and Peterman came in, got the bills down to the goal line and threw 3 fade passes in the endzone. The Patriots game was long gone at that point, but it's atrocious play calling. It's time to move on

McCoy confirmed it was a run play with a pass option.

This is 100% on Taylor.

Re-watch the play, the line is run blocking, the FB hits the hole where McCoy is supposed to follow and McCoy practically runs into Taylor and is surprised he doesn't get the ball. 

Edited by CountDorkula
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Commonsense said:

When you bring the fire make sure you are burning up the right person/persons. The play was a RPO, the mistake was allowing TT to make any decisions.

Been proven wrong in his other thread about the same thing so tried to reload it 

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Run Pass Option. 

Called a Run with the pass Option. 

Everyone BLOCKED THE RUN (called play)

Tyrod pulled it and threw. Those are just the facts.

It explains the PI too. Benjamin was probably looking to block then realized he had to come back and catch it.

• Like (+1) 2

Im tired to read about TOLBERT:  On the 1 yard line it doesnt matter how big or small you are. Just a normal head of steam and the player should be able to get in for a TD or Extend the arms for a TD.

Tolbert cannot manufacture that head of steam:  He's 250 going against 300 pound lineman.  Whats the difference if its McCoy at 200 pounds.

SCREW YOU TOLBERT. I HOPE YOU NEVER PLAY ANOTHER DOWN FOR THE BILLS!

3 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

When you bring the fire make sure you are burning up the right person/persons. The play was a RPO, the mistake was allowing TT to make any decisions.

How do you know Dennison didn't tell Tyrod to throw that to Benjamin? Sure it was rpo, but it still could've been scripted 

Just now, Mojo44 said:

It’s not Denison! It was an OK call given that we have Benjamin. It was the execution. In other words, it was the quarterback! Denison is not the problem! 

I agree,

Pushing to put blame on the OC over Tyrod is why we are seeing this so much about firing. Tyrod failed but some want to point to the OC so maybe Tyrod can stay another season with a new OC. A Tyrod excuse thread.

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

How do you know Dennison didn't tell Tyrod to throw that to Benjamin? Sure it was rpo, but it still could've been scripted 

Watch the freaking play. 

EVERYONE BLOCKED RUN

Shady also confirmed TT choice to pull the ball

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, KW95 said:

Im tired to read about TOLBERT:  On the 1 yard line it doesnt matter how big or small you are. Just a normal head of steam and the player should be able to get in for a TD or Extend the arms for a TD.

Tolbert cannot manufacture that head of steam:  He's 250 going against 300 pound lineman.  Whats the difference if its McCoy at 200 pounds.

SCREW YOU TOLBERT. I HOPE YOU NEVER PLAY ANOTHER DOWN FOR THE BILLS!

Watch more NFL.  It's EXTREMELY hard to just run the ball in on goal to go from the one.  The vast majority of successful runs from that distance come off misdirection, a play that hits the outside when everyone is selling out on the inside.

The play to Benjamin is a standard NFL call.  Benjamin just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar on the OPI.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

You're not dealing in facts. You're not making sense. 

Is this an everyone but TT's fault thread?

Taylor is getting hammered on Boston Radio because he is/was so bad. They are actually giving McD and the rest of the team credit. If they can see it from under Brady's ass then I'm sure you will also see it if you open your eyes. Heck, just listen to the audio of the game, Romo will paint the picture.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Run Pass Option. 

Thats all well and good.  I don't think it was a terrible call to throw.  It's Benjamins fault that he got OPI.  Not Dennison or Tyrod.  

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Watch more NFL.  It's EXTREMELY hard to just run the ball in on goal to go from the one.  The vast majority of successful runs from that distance come off misdirection, a play that hits the outside when everyone is selling out on the inside.

The play to Benjamin is a standard NFL call.  Benjamin just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar on the OPI.

Run, run, run, pass/kick 

It's extremely hard for a defense to keep you out of the end zone with that sequence.

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Run Pass Option. 

And without the OPI it would have just been an incomplete.  Penalty screwed it all up.