Sammy Watkins Wants to Stay with the Rams - Hits the Open Market

12 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Eh... We aren't resigning the DB either because of injury concerns.... What's to say they would have felt compelled to resign him? And why would it be a good decision for them to resign him, and for us to not resign him?

The Bills aren't re-signing Gaines because of money and injury concerns.  Those were the reasons they traded Sammy.  Now it appears the Bills won't re-sign Gaines and the Rams won't re-sign Watkins (unless he comes cheap) but the Bills get a 2nd rounder out of it.   

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Trading for Peters and then letting Johnson AND Joyner walk seems counterproductive to me (Also NRC is a FA if I'm not mistaken and he was important in the slot) seems like tagging Joyner is the thing to do and let Watkins test the market and maybe come back. Sad thing is there is not much WR talent this year so he will probably get over paid. 

Just now, stony said:

Snead is a crappy GM.

I agree, actually. I think he's trade-happy and doesn't have a cogent long term vision. I look at him and I see Doug Whaley redux. 

Rams will have a few seasons of playoff berths, but will be decimated by inability to pay all their highly drafted stars and inability to keep replenishing the roster because Snead trades away picks.

Just now, whatdrought said:

Trading for Peters and then letting Johnson AND Joyner walk seems counterproductive to me (Also NRC is a FA if I'm not mistaken and he was important in the slot) seems like tagging Joyner is the thing to do and let Watkins test the market and maybe come back. Sad thing is there is not much WR talent this year so he will probably get over paid. 

Allen Robinson and Watkins are the top two WRs who could be on the UFA market.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I agree, actually. I think he's trade-happy and doesn't have a cogent long term vision. I look at him and I see Doug Whaley redux. 

Rams will have a few seasons of playoff berths, but will be decimated by inability to pay all their highly drafted stars and inability to keep replenishing the roster because Snead trades away picks.

Totally agree. They are in for a tough couple of years in terms of cap management. They will win some games, but not a Super Bowl. I think he is going to totally screw it up. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Allen Robinson and Watkins are the top two WRs who could be on the UFA market.

Robinson will either re-sign or be tagged, it seems. Watkins really hasn't proven to be a true #1 but I don't doubt some team will pay him like he is. If he believed in himself he would take a 1 year prove it with a team like NO, or SF and work for his big money like Alshon did. 

Just now, Logic said:

Yep, and they're about to go down the $100+ DL contract road. 

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

Not exactly, he paid the price to get Goff. 

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:47 PM, jeremy2020 said:

I wouldn't worry too much about Sammy ending in Pats land. Not their type of player.

Why not?

signed Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, Michael Floyd, Kenny Britt, Donte’ Stallworth, 

Just now, Doc said:

They have the cap room to sign Sammy to close to what he wants.  Why don't they just do it?

Likely because he isn't worth what he wants. :thumbsup: Not to them anyway. 

Edited by H2o
  • Thank you (+1) 2