Sammy Watkins Wants to Stay with the Rams - Hits the Open Market

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

From ESPN Insider:

15. Sammy Watkins, WR

2017 team: Rams | Age: 25
Projected contract: One year, $13 million
Similar situation to Robinson's, except Watkins did make it through this year healthy and is seen as a potential No. 1 wideout, so his number is higher. Teams will want to see Watkins (A) stay healthy again and (B) play to his draft pedigree before committing long term.

Makes sense...and if I am Sammy, if I am going to do a prove it deal, I would take even less money to go to SF and be Jimmy G's top target because he will put up the numbers there to get that big deal.  He could seriously put up 1400+  yards on 90+rec and 10+ TD's there as long as he stays healthy.  And he is all the way back from the foot injury, so thats where I would go.  Then the Niners have a ton of cap room to extend him long term on a big deal and pair him as the next great QB/WR duo in SF assuming Jimmy G continues down the path he seems to be on.

He wont get the big deal if he stays in LA on a short term contract.  They spread the ball way too much (and good for them) for him to get enough targets to get a really big pay day.  There are a lot of mouths to feed, and Rams McVay is smart in using them all.  So not enough opportunity to really put up that big season to get paid unless Rams are willing to give him a big deal now.  

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Makes sense...and if I am Sammy, if I am going to do a prove it deal, I would take even less money to go to SF and be Jimmy G's top target because he will put up the numbers there to get that big deal.  He could seriously put up 1400+  yards on 90+rec and 10+ TD's there as long as he stays healthy.  And he is all the way back from the foot injury, so thats where I would go.  Then the Niners have a ton of cap room to extend him long term on a big deal and pair him as the next great QB/WR duo in SF assuming Jimmy G continues down the path he seems to be on.

He wont get the big deal if he stays in LA on a short term contract.  They spread the ball way too much (and good for them) for him to get enough targets to get a really big pay day.  There are a lot of mouths to feed, and Rams McVay is smart in using them all.  So not enough opportunity to really put up that big season to get paid unless Rams are willing to give him a big deal now.  

The 49ers make sense for Watkins and also Allen Robinson. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The 49ers make sense for Watkins and also Allen Robinson. 

Agreed...and if I am the Niners I would rather bet on Watkins than Robinson.  Watkins is a better overall WR IMO.  Better route runner, better hands, faster...

Allen has struggled the last 2 years with routes, dropped passes, etc and is coming off a bad injury.  Robinson is still a good guy to sign, dont get me wrong, just saying if I am the Niners and making a priority list, Watkins is who I would try for first.  

But...if they got both...then damn, watch out for that offense next year.  And they have the cap room to do so.

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Agreed...and if I am the Niners I would rather bet on Watkins than Robinson.  Watkins is a better overall WR IMO.  Better route runner, better hands, faster...

Allen has struggled the last 2 years with routes, dropped passes, etc and is coming off a bad injury.  Robinson is still a good guy to sign, dont get me wrong, just saying if I am the Niners and making a priority list, Watkins is who I would try for first.  

But...if they got both...then damn, watch out for that offense next year.  And they have the cap room to do so.

Either on a one-year prove it deal would be a good fit for them.  Both?  I wasn't thinking of that. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Either on a one-year prove it deal would be a good fit for them.  Both?  I wasn't thinking of that. 

Agreed either makes sense.  But yeah, they could land both potentially if they wanted to, they have a ton of cap room. 

Personally, I think Sammy goes to Niners and Allen goes to Bears if I had to pencil in landing spots.  Also wouldn't surprise me to see the Jets make a push for one or the other to have a weapon for whatever new QB they draft.   

I love how these entertainment guys push these douchebag players.  Rapoport saying that he'll have a big market, thanks chief!  

Watkins won't make near as much as he could have and make way more than he should.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sammy Watkins Wants to Stay with the Rams - Hits the Open Market
1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Ha I would love to see Sammy in Baltimore. Let's see how many accurate targets he gets there.

He might flourish in Bmore. If there is one thing Flacco does well, it’s the deep ball which is what Sammy does best. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Sammy and Jimmy Graham both...........that would make Rodgers very happy QB next season.

Green Bay needs to build their defense. I don't understand all the reports that they want high price offensive players.