2018 Veteran QBs - the Mega Poll

Veteran QBs - Which One?  

277 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see the Bills target for 2018?

• Keep Tyrod (already signed; $$$)
    • Alex Smith (trade)
    • Kirk Cousins (free agent; $$$$)
    • Andy Dalton (trade)
    • AJ McCarron (free agent; $$)
    • Josh McCown (free agent; $$)
    • Chase Daniel (free agent; $)
    • Teddy Bridgewater (free agent; $$)
    • Case Keenum (free agent; $$$)
    • Sam Bradford (free agent; $$$)
    • Eli Manning (trade)
    • Matt Moore (free agent; $)

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Drunkjerk named practically ever QB in the league or did you  mis-spell dawg 

He is your daddy.     

Put some respeck on his name ??

11 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

And no....we did not lose the game yesterday because of TT...

Bortles b smacked that bum.    We definetly lost because of TT.   

Edited by Teddy KGB

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

He is your daddy.     

Put some respeck on his name ??

???????????????

You are entitled to your opinion.

7 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Cousins is 30 in August and likely will not cost draft picks, just money. 

The wrong message to the team being? We want a franchise QB at any cost? There is competition at every position?

I like Taylor, and agree no one player is usually THE reason for a loss, but he was a prominent reason for the loss. 

John,

Actually you are right on Cousins I needed to do a double take on that.....no draft picks probably required.

And honestly...because it is just money it probably changes my answer to.

• Like (+1) 1

Not a great list. Is that the best we can do?

1 minute ago, John from Hemet said:

We did not soley lose that game because of Tyrod Taylor.....if you really think that then your hate has just consumed your lack of common sense.

but he was a very big reason why we lost

5 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

We did not soley lose that game because of Tyrod Taylor.....if you really think that then your hate has just consumed your lack of common sense.

two separate plays, we saw a wide open receiver.   Either one could have been an easy TD.  tie game or clear victory. 

Bortles out Taylored Taylor.   BB had more rushing yards than passing yards.  

the key to yesterdays game - Make the QB a QB.   

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

Not a great list. Is that the best we can do?

but he was a very big reason why we lost

He a reason why we lost

along with

Dropped balls that would have been touchdowns

Balls popped into the air that resulted in turnovers

A defense that does not take into account Bortles runs better then he passed (not going there too much though...D played well enough to win for sure)

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

two separate plays, we saw a wide open receiver.   Either one could have been an easy TD.  tie game or clear victory. 

Bortles out Taylored Taylor.   BB had more rushing yards than passing yards.  

the key to yesterdays game - Make the QB a QB.   

His receivers could have helped him out by catching it instead of dropping it.

7 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Your common sense meter is broken 

3 points dog.     Garrapollo hung 44 on them 7 days ago.  

Tyrod was the reason, quit being obtuse and hold this 

C06F2905-A80D-49D2-9762-FBE39AD68D8C.png

7 hours ago, CSBill said:

Let's be realistic, the chance of Cousins coming to Buffalo are slim to none. So, who on the list would be attainable and have a big upside? I see two: AJ McCarron and Teddy Bridgewater. Both have shone very good NFL promise. I believe either would be upgrades and potential franchise building QB's--both would be a safer risk than anyone we could draft. Moreover, getting one of them would allow us to keep all the draft picks and build the many other needs this team has.

There is one team for sure in this year's playoffs who will be looking for a new QB. The Buffalo Bills.

There is a second team that could be looking for a QB.  The Jacksonville Jaguars.

If I'm Cousins, I'm signing with a playoff caliber team that is a QB away from going deep into the playoffs year after year.  

That would be the two teams named above.

McDermott is all about character and mental toughness.  Him and Cousins are alike in so many ways.  They are both humble.  They both believe in working really hard to achieve your goal.  They both are deep into their faith, and they are both great leaders.

So if anything, If we put our best foot forward, I feel we have the best chance to landing Cousins.  

I didn't vote because I don't want to choose just one.

Either Kirk Cousins or Alex Smith make this 9-7 Bills team an 11-5 or 12-4 team.  Seriously.  And both would have easily won the game yesterday.

If Buffalo gets one of those two guys they can still develop Peterman and another young QB.

2 minutes ago, eball said:

I didn't vote because I don't want to choose just one.

Either Kirk Cousins or Alex Smith make this 9-7 Bills team an 11-5 or 12-4 team.  Seriously.  And both would have easily won the game yesterday.

If Buffalo gets one of those two guys they can still develop Peterman and another young QB.

Yes. Agreed. Mhm. Right. Correct. 

Sign Alex Smith to a 2-3 year contract, draft a qb in the 1st or 2nd round that they like and then he fights Peterman for back up and possible starter after Smith's contract expires. If they don't like either ones progress, repeat next year and continue till they have "their" qb.  Only problem is Smith may not be not be playing after his contract is up, then another FA acquisition  or trade?

I just texted a buddy who is both a long term Washington fan and very detailed in his NFL knowledge and here is his response when I asked if the Bills should go after Cousins. 

One of of his comments reflect what was posted earlier about not being the guy that can carry a team into the post season. 

Found his his response interesting, especially since I had voted for Cousins. 

KCousins is a middle of the pack QB not an elite one.  I am not boarding the 200 mm contract cause: 1. He cannot carry a team to post season, 2. Very Slow learner, 3. System QB, 4. Too dependent on a very strong pass block OL, 5. Running game suffers, 6. Not pretty good a improvising although pretty high IQ, 7. Great guy but Passive leader (not always good for big ego teams), 8. Very Weak arm, 9.  Prone to crack under pressure, 10. too humble and mature (sometimes you need some drama haha as in Washington 

So talk amongst yourselves. 

1 hour ago, Razor15 said:

I just texted a buddy who is both a long term Washington fan and very detailed in his NFL knowledge and here is his response when I asked if the Bills should go after Cousins. 

One of of his comments reflect what was posted earlier about not being the guy that can carry a team into the post season. 

Found his his response interesting, especially since I had voted for Cousins. 

KCousins is a middle of the pack QB not an elite one.  I am not boarding the 200 mm contract cause: 1. He cannot carry a team to post season, 2. Very Slow learner, 3. System QB, 4. Too dependent on a very strong pass block OL, 5. Running game suffers, 6. Not pretty good a improvising although pretty high IQ, 7. Great guy but Passive leader (not always good for big ego teams), 8. Very Weak arm, 9.  Prone to crack under pressure, 10. too humble and mature (sometimes you need some drama haha as in Washington 

So talk amongst yourselves. 

I'm confident McD and Beane will pick the guy with the right learning curve.  You like that?!??!?