2018 Veteran QBs - the Mega Poll

Veteran QBs - Which One?  

277 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see the Bills target for 2018?

• Keep Tyrod (already signed; $$$)
    • Alex Smith (trade)
    • Kirk Cousins (free agent; $$$$)
    • Andy Dalton (trade)
    • AJ McCarron (free agent; $$)
    • Josh McCown (free agent; $$)
    • Chase Daniel (free agent; $)
    • Teddy Bridgewater (free agent; $$)
    • Case Keenum (free agent; $$$)
    • Sam Bradford (free agent; $$$)
    • Eli Manning (trade)
    • Matt Moore (free agent; $)

I would be happy with Cousins, but ONLY as a free agent, not trading away our first round picks.  Then we would be able to build. them around him with our other picks and build for the future.  Alternatively, if we draft a QB in the first, I hope we are able to do it without trading up, we need the picks this year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/8/2018 at 12:45 AM, billspro said:

It is going to be between Allen and Mayfield if it comes to the draft. We would probably have to give up both number ones to move into the top ten if we a stuck in that situation. I am really excited to watch Allen at the senior bowl in a couple weeks!

Josh Allen is a big NFL draft risk but still a super fun college QB to watch

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/12/22/16776200/josh-allen-2018-nfl-draft-wyoming-quarterback

"If you just look at the numbers, there is no way he’s a first-round quarterback. There has to be some semblance of production in college to justify some a lofty draft ranking, even if you’re playing with a talent disadvantage around you. If you can’t complete passes in college, why should we believe that you can complete them in the NFL? It’s the same sport."

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I can't see it at all.  Why go to a team that went 1-31 in the last 2 seasons when they aren't anywhere close to competing?

Money,good O line,have a few pieces on offense,like Gordon,and Coleman.

11 hours ago, Niagara said:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/12/22/16776200/josh-allen-2018-nfl-draft-wyoming-quarterback

"If you just look at the numbers, there is no way he’s a first-round quarterback. There has to be some semblance of production in college to justify some a lofty draft ranking, even if you’re playing with a talent disadvantage around you. If you can’t complete passes in college, why should we believe that you can complete them in the NFL? It’s the same sport."

Ya I just finished watching his tape and came away really disappointed. I would give him a 4th round grade at this point with a chance to move up to a 3rd round grade if he lights up the senior bowl. 

His accuracy drops drastically if his first read is not open. 

Edited by billspro

11 hours ago, Niagara said:

Just so you know, Seth Galina is a coach at a High school here in Montreal, where hockey is really what people do. Maybe you should handle his opinions with care. No disrespect but he's hardly a mainstream analyst. Besides I think Galina means chicken in Italian.

Actually Billspro is 100% correct (though not about Allen going in the fourth). The senior bowl is were you want to see Allen (even tho he's not a senior). I hope he gets lots of snaps and I look forward to hearing how he does in practices. The Combine will simply confirm his elite physical traits (and he will wow folks) but not give you any insight into what he can do in live action against pretty good competition. And that's the main issue surrounding his draft status. If he has a bad senior bowl week and game he could fall quite a lot.

Edited by starrymessenger