Thompson running free.. thanks Romo!!!

Process

1 minute ago, GG said:

You keep harping on this.  So please explain how a color guy consistently talks prior to the play unfolding ahead of the play by play announcer?

Maybe because he doesn't talk about the play before it unfolds? 

Let me explain to you:

The players are lined up and the play clock is ticking.  Instead of being quiet so I can analyze the offence and Defence, idiot Romo keeps telling the viewers where the play should go.  Then he harps like a little twat if the play didn't go where he thinks it should.

How about the following:  Shut your pie hole Romo and once the play is over, tell us why it worked or why it could have went somewhere else.

If you don't believe me just go back and watch the game again.  Romo keeps telling us where Taylor should go...BLAH BLAH BLAH

OK?

5 minutes ago, KW95 said:

Let me explain to you:

The players are lined up and the play clock is ticking.  Instead of being quiet so I can analyze the offence and Defence, idiot Romo keeps telling the viewers where the play should go.  Then he harps like a little twat if the play didn't go where he thinks it should.

How about the following:  Shut your pie hole Romo and once the play is over, tell us why it worked or why it could have went somewhere else.

If you don't believe me just go back and watch the game again.  Romo keeps telling us where Taylor should go...BLAH BLAH BLAH

OK?

Nothing like a wrongheaded contrarian

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Yup, it was a TD as Thompson blew right past him & was wide open.

Tyrod 1st down number 2-min.jpg

And that DB behind him cut across the field to that point, he wasn't following him, just in case anyone was wondering.

He just can’t fight off that feeling to run before throwing.      His elusiveness can be a detriment sometimes.  

As far as Tony Romo goes.    He’s really entertaining, loved his intro to the game. 

Edited by Teddy KGB

2 minutes ago, GG said:

Nothing like a wrongheaded contrarian

I have no clue what you mean, but all I'm saying is I hate Romo. 

Collingsworth and Al Michaels are really really good IMO!

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

He just can’t fight off that feeling to run before throwing.      His elusiveness can be a detriment sometimes.  

Its called " The Mexican Dance "

20 minutes ago, the skycap said:

I love how Romo is able to read the defense pre snap and know immediately where to go with the ball and diagnose the options. The Bills need to hire him to train/work with the drafted QB. Bring in a bridge QB while Romo grooms him.

Romo makes it sound so easy

Thats why the word spins round!  What you like about Romo is what I hate.  If he said it after the play I would be ok,,but he says it before the snap and its annoying

Cheers

22 minutes ago, the skycap said:

I love how Romo is able to read the defense pre snap and know immediately where to go with the ball and diagnose the options. The Bills need to hire him to train/work with the drafted QB. Bring in a bridge QB while Romo grooms him.

Romo makes it sound so easy

Amen to that 

the man knows how to read a defense and he lays the cards out plain as day 

5 minutes ago, KW95 said:

I have no clue what you mean, but all I'm saying is I hate Romo. 

Collingsworth and Al Michaels are really really good IMO!

IMHO you have that backwards 

Collingsnworth is horrible.  Yesterday he called at least 4 things wrong and I only watched the second half of the game.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Amen to that 

the man knows how to read a defense and he lays the cards out plain as day 

IMHO you have that backwards 

Collingsnworth is horrible.  Yesterday he called at least 4 things wrong and I only watched the second half of the game.  

he might getting bored? I'm not even watching the saints game. I'm bored!

2 hours ago, Process said:

The image of Thomson 1 on 1 about to fly by the defender on a go route is going to give me nightmares. 

They tried to give us a TD and TT still refuses to throw the ball. 

How perfectly did the last drive sum up TTs career? With two minutes left in the game, down by 7, need a TD or GO HOME, he completely misses DT running free down the sideline, doesn't even look his way when he is wide open again on the next play for a first down, and then takes a sack, getting knocked out. 

Embarrassing that it took 3 years but we can finally say goodbye. 

For 3 full seasons we tried to rationalize and trick ourselves into believing Tyrod was going to figure it out and get better. He never did. We tricked ourselves saying his poor throwing over the middle was improving when it wasn't. His inaccuracy was ALWAYS inconsistent. Never showed fire or leadership on the bench. ALWAYS FAILED when trailing in the 4th. Poor vision. Never threw you open. We needed today to once and for all say GOODBYE  to Tyrod. With Brady & Belichick soon to part, it's never been more imperative to find that QB. Our franchise guy....

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Yup, it was a TD as Thompson blew right past him & was wide open.

Tyrod 1st down number 2-min.jpg

And that DB behind him cut across the field to that point, he wasn't following him, just in case anyone was wondering.

Was that after Taylor motioned to throw though? He'd still be open my multiple steps.. absolutely killer 

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Can you repeat that in sober talk?

sorry for the sarc but I cannot decipher your post.  

Haha!  no worries!

Maybe Collingsworth is now bored doing this for so many years.  

Im not even watching the saints game - Meaning Im bored with the NFL as well although the Saints/Panthers game was probably the most exciting of the 4 and I didn't watch it.  

Rules, commercials have killed the game.

13 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

Watching Brees move the ball tonight aggrivates me but would not trade anything for the feeling I felt this week.

I feel your pain man, and I'm right there with you. This week was fantastic, and I wouldn't trade it for any other fandom in the world.

• Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, KW95 said:

Haha!  no worries!

Im not even watching the saints game - Meaning Im bored with the NFL as well although the Saints/Panthers game was probably the most exciting of the 4 and I didn't watch it.  

And officiating.

2 hours ago, KW95 said:

DO you really like when he talks before the play unfolds?  he tells the viewer where the QB should go.  SO annoying.  Just let me watch in peace and I will decide with my own mind whats going on.  After the play feel free to analyze it.  

Collingsworth the best by far and Romo is not even close

Absolutely. Romo is awesome

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Really?  Romo IMO has quickly become the best analyst in the business. 

By a mile.  He's fantastic.  Tells you exactly who deserve credit or blame on a play, what was missed, etc.

And yes, he was also the best QB in the stadium today.

Edited by KD in CA

I'm not a big A Smith fan but I think we win today with him at QB. I think if the QB could connect on those plays where guys were open we put up 17 points on offense. 

I'm just glad Taylor is gone, McD is going to rewatch this game 50 times and come away thinking we win this game with a better passing QB.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

1 hour ago, KW95 said:

Haha!  no worries!

Got it that time.  

Yeah i did not watch the Saints game either.  Kind of sucks because i like Drew.  

There are way too many commercials  and interruptions.    

14 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I may have made an error in recollection as to the team.   

But it the person did say he would follow the coach.  

So my bad for someone else’s bad point.  

that stinks for the Bills.  Any chance the coach ends up staying in Minn and he goes to FA?