Name the biggest NFL misconception by media and fans

58 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I understand. It's funny that we both think the same thing is a huge misconception, for diametrically opposed reasons. I do think they cheat. A lot. I also just think they are great without it.

I don't know...The NFL is a game of inches...A few plays go your way could get you to 12-4 and a few balls that don't bounce your way could lead to a 6-10 record...The Patriots with that little cheating can make a big difference in the game.   For several years, their OL was allowed to hold opponent DL and get away with it. It meant their WRs could get open or their RBs could find a lane.  

1 minute ago, ganesh said:

I don't know...The NFL is a game of inches...A few plays go your way could get you to 12-4 and a few balls that don't bounce your way could lead to a 6-10 record...The Patriots with that little cheating can make a big difference in the game.   For several years, their OL was allowed to hold opponent DL and get away with it. It meant their WRs could get open or their RBs could find a lane.  

That's a different kind of cheating IMO. I have no idea how the Patriots get all the calls. Every time. Including horrible ones. I don't put that in the same category as Spygate or Defategate, which was all them. The flag thing is inexplicable to me. But I don't think it's them cheating in a huge conspiracy with knowing league officials.

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

I was going to say "The Patriots wouldn't cheat because they don't need to, look at how badly they beat the Colts after they took away Brady's allegedly deflated balls!"

1 hour ago, stevewin said:
1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I like that one. I don't think they need to cheat to win, and yet they still do, which to me makes their cheating worse.

Well - I'm saying it is a misconception.  I believe fully they were good BECAUSE they cheated, and have benefited from it ever since (aside from likely (IMO) still cheating - Brady learning how to play the position of QB for years by knowing what the defense was before snapping the ball is an advantage unprecedented in sports history)

To me, the biggest misconception regarding the Patriots is that they only cheat one way at a time. For instance, the Colts game and deflated balls. Once taken away, they still played great and won big. If Brady knew what the defense was going to do before snapping the ball as well then that's two ways of cheating within the same game and explains the blowout.

3 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

To me, the biggest misconception regarding the Patriots is that they only cheat one way at a time. For instance, the Colts game and deflated balls. Once taken away, they still played great and won big. If Brady knew what the defense was going to do before snapping the ball as well then that's two ways of cheating within the same game and explains the blowout.

In order for that to happen, they would have had to been taping pregame practices for ten years after they were caught and imediately getting the defensive calls into Brady's helmet 10-15 seconds before the defense set up.

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:
5 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

In order for that to happen, they would have had to been taping pregame practices for ten years after they were caught and imediately getting the defensive calls into Brady's helmet 10-15 seconds before the defense set up.

I was just using that as an example that they could be cheating on multiple levels which help them be successful.

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Kaepernick is still a good qb.  

Good one.

That the flaming table tailgating culture is indicative of how Buffalo fans generally act and not isolated instances of extreme intoxication.

Edit: Although now that it is a "thing", I assume it'll happen more frequently.

Edited by What a Tuel

5 minutes ago, Rico said:

Biggest NFL misconception by some media and some fans is that anthem protests haven't hurt the league.

It warms my cockles to think of all the Bills fans who left the NFL over the protests that didn't get to experience the show bowl or Miami wins or Dalton play or tomorrow's game. 

Losers.

Or, worse, the many ones that took such a stand and screamed "I'm done!" and now are going to watch tomorrow's game because they are such patriots.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It warms my cockles to think of all the Bills fans who left the NFL over the protests that didn't get to experience the show bowl or Miami wins or Dalton play or tomorrow's game. 

Losers.

Or, worse, the many ones that took such a stand and screamed "I'm done!" and now are going to watch tomorrow's game because they are such patriots.

I like when the ravens fans booed their own team for their garbage protests.  

More crybaby millionaires like Bennett and Kaepernick please ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Edited by Teddy KGB