What do you think is Keys to the Game?

I have though much too long about what is Keys to this Game. I think there two things will decide everything:

-Is Dareus motivated against us? he when motivated is as beast but was too hit or miss, does Jax get 60 minutes out of him?

-Can we confuse Bortles? he has several great games late in season but I think we can turn him back into a turnover machine.

I think that Jax is overall a better team but much more up and down so I think we have a good chance but If Dareus is great and Bortles is good I think we lose.

Shady likely not going to play or will be severly limited.....key is offence and get the ball moving...avoid the CB's on Jax and rely on short passes--run game (including taylor to use his best trait-running if need be as we likely will be relying on tolbert...uugh and Marcus...really still unknown).....Hopefully Bortles will continue his crappy play this weekend......

Fournette's health is a major key.  When healthy he's been tough to stop.  He's been nicked up lately.  When he's healthy, Bortles is under a lot less pressure to make plays.  If Bortles feels the pressure, that's when turnovers start to happen.  When the Bills are on offense, they key is pressure on Taylor.  The Jaguars generate a lot of it, and Tyrod holds on to the ball longer than any other QB in the league.  He's either got to make quicker reads or the offensive line will need to do a better job than usual protecting him.

23 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Fournette's health is a major key.  When healthy he's been tough to stop.  He's been nicked up lately.  When he's healthy, Bortles is under a lot less pressure to make plays.  If Bortles feels the pressure, that's when turnovers start to happen.  When the Bills are on offense, they key is pressure on Taylor.  The Jaguars generate a lot of it, and Tyrod holds on to the ball longer than any other QB in the league.  He's either got to make quicker reads or the offensive line will need to do a better job than usual protecting him.

I tend to agree with this. Fournette averaged 3.9 YPC this season, that is Melvin Gordon like. He had only 3 games all season where he averaged more than 4 YPC. 

If the Bills are able to put them in third and long I like our chances when it comes to that aspect. This is going to be a low scoring game.  

I'm hoping the Bills try to get Clay matched up against Posluszny. 

Stopping Fournette.  If we can limit his production we have an EXCELLENT chance of leaving Jacksonville with a victory.   If the Jags have to rely on a heavy dose of Blake Bortles, they are in trouble.   The main reason Bortles has had the success he has this year is because they have been able to lean on Fournette.   Shut down Fournette, shut down the Jags offense.  Between Bortles propensity to turn the ball over, and our ball-hawking, opportunistic secondary, I can forsee 3 INT's including a pick-6 from White.

If we can stop Fournette which is a tall task without a strong interior presence on the dline. Plus traditionally we struggle against bigger backs. If somehow we can even slow him down and get some kind of a lead that forces Bortles to be anything more than a game manager we have a chance. 

I Think our game plan on Defense is simple. Do what we have to do to stuff the run. I am ok with making Blake Bortles have to beat us. I think he will fold like a napkin on the big stage. I'm comfortable leaving our secondary to hold their own.

Offense needs to be the same as the first half of the Miami game. There is zero reason to be conservative. There is no tomorrow. Let it rip with shots down field.

We do these things and Shady plays....on to New England.

Edited by BeefCurtns