Elway: Upgrading QB is the Broncos' Top Goal

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Was the option picked up?

or did he take a paycut and redo his deal after the combine?

Who cares!!!! 

Tyrod wont be here next year, and the Bills are not gonna sell the farm for Darnold or Rosen either....

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

The option never came into effect because they agreed to a new deal ~4 days before a decision was needed, thus nullifying it.

So answer to number one is no. 

Now was a new deal with a paycut signed after combine

1 hour ago, Adam727 said:

Given how much it would cost the Bills to move up and get a top QB this year, unless there is someone they really love at the QB position, this is probably the best way for the Bills to build for now & for the future.  Draft a QB if one you like falls to you in the late first.  Trade TT.  Try to trade the other 1st rounder and one of the 2nds for higher picks in 2019.  Spend very carefully in FA (maybe a DT and re-sign Gaines) and carry as much cap space over to 2019 as possible.  

Let Nathan Peterman start 2018.  On the off chance he does well, you get your franchise QB for a 5th round pick.  More likely, he'll lead the team to a 3-13 or 4-12 record and the Bills will head into 2019 with a top 5  pick, several additional 1st & 2nd round picks, and a ton of cap space to really begin the rebuild, right as Brady is getting ready to retire..  

I don’t like these thoughts

8 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

In looking at the top 10 draft order it's still hard to fathom any scenario in which the Bills will be able to trade up and get one of the blue chip QB prospects unless they are willing to pull a Saints/Ricky Williams type of deal (and there's about 0.0001% Beane does that given the holes this team still has and others created in the offseason).

This is why I still maintain NP is likely going to be the guy by default heading into 2018 especially if we draft another 2nd/3rd tier rookie QB like we did with him last year.

which very well may be ok with this staff and how they feel about nate. we could still get a rudolph or finley....or we give denver tyrod,  glenn and next year's first to move to 5....idk ...who knows? i know this goes against dunkirk don's inside info, but  again who knows? quite frankly, i'm ok with the bolded.

11 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

For what it's worth, I have asked Bronco fans here in Colorado for months now if they would trade a 3rd for TT, every one of them says yes.

Same here. The smartest football guy I know in Colorado tells me that the Broncos would have probably gone 9-7 with Tyrod, maybe better. That's how bad the QBs were. The other man's grass is always greener ...

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Same here. The smartest football guy I know in Colorado tells me that the Broncos would have probably gone 9-7 with Tyrod, maybe better. That's how bad the QBs were. The other man's grass is always greener ...

Maybe you should pay attention. Broncos fans know a thing or two about good QBing.

14 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Yeah, I was going to say, CB, we already new this.  

I still think they should find the QB they want and go get him, wherever he is.

I have to think Elway will go for a veteran QB like Alex Smith.  IT give him an opportunity to win immediately; especially with that dominating defense they have there.

13 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Answer my question 

Why would I indulge a sad, fragile man intent on making up his own fantasy story about the QB of his favorite football team that made the playoffs for the first time in 17 years? Put on your big boy pants, finish your vegetables, and admit your statement was false. Then maybe our conversation can continue.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Why would I indulge a sad, fragile man intent on making up his own fantasy story about the QB of his favorite football team that made the playoffs for the first time in 17 years? Put on your big boy pants, finish your vegetables, and admit your statement was false. Then maybe our conversation can continue.

Got wont answer. Cool. Here will help. 

Combine happened. Taylor redid his deal taking a paycut over hitting a very weak UFA QB market