GMFB's Kay Adams: McDermott Should Be Considered for NFL COTY

I STILL say that letting NP start was the right move. No one could have predicted 5 picks and it was his 1st start. I'm not saying he'll be a starter or not, but we definitely need a QB upgrade. We NEEDED to see what he could do.

Also, McVay won only 2 more games than McD and look at how much more talent he had to work with.  Clearly our staff did a better job overall. Hopefully we'll see a lot better talent next year on our roster. Unless Mr. Beane is completely incapable and does what Buddy Nix did in that 1st draft of his, we can hardly miss. The key is QB.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

My point was the Bills missing the playoffs with those guys had less to do with those guys and A LOT more to do with Rex and his fat brother being lazy and AWFUL coaches.

I'm not bitching. Just stating my opinion. The Bills would be where they are now with those players still here. The narrative that they those guys "needed" to be traded or they wouldn't have won at least 9 games and be where they are now with those guys is complete BS, IMO.

That's speculation.  The Bills obviously felt they needed to get rid of those guys, taking massive losses on return.  And sometimes players need to move on in order to grow up.

The rams were the worst offensive team in the nfl last season. Look what they did this year.

How is it clear mcdermott did a better job? McVay turned a team that was dead last in offense last year into one of the best units in the nfl. He was able to knock the seahawks out of a division title. That speaks volumes for a coach. The rams are top 3 in explosive plays this season. Can you grasp what the rams did this year. ? There best reciever is not watkins either just to point that out

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/4/2018 at 3:16 AM, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

:wub: Kay Adams

I didn't know who Kay Adams was so i had to Google her and this picture of Kaye Adams came up first. My first thought was that your an easy man to please Jay but yes the other Kay Adams is rather attractive. 

download.jpg

3 hours ago, Cmdjr85 said:

The rams were the worst offensive team in the nfl last season. Look what they did this year.

How is it clear mcdermott did a better job? McVay turned a team that was dead last in offense last year into one of the best units in the nfl. He was able to knock the seahawks out of a division title. That speaks volumes for a coach. The rams are top 3 in explosive plays this season. Can you grasp what the rams did this year. ? There best reciever is not watkins either just to point that out

No, Marrone would have been 8-8 if the Pats needed that 14' finale in any way.

I've never seen someone get so much mileage out of a meaningless win in the 14' regular finale than Marrone did with that one.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/3/2018 at 11:16 AM, Shotgunner said:

There is an argument for McD in the "doing more with less" perspective.

The Rams have all the pieces. They were supposed to be good.

We were tanking 4 months ago supposedly.

Bills final preseason over/under - 6.5

Rams final preseason over/under - 6

McVay deserves the award as he's done an outstanding job with that offense.  Especially Goff.  You could even make the case for Marrone as the Jags weren't expected to do much this year with a over/under winning total of 6.5.  

McD should win, he deserves to win. 

I’m so !@#$ing sick of hearing about Sean McVay.... He inherited one of the best defences in the NFL along with a former offensive rookie of the year in Todd Gurley. His QB was a 1st overall pick headed into his second year. Most of the media had written Goff off after one season because Wentz and the rediculous idea that he should of played like a seasoned vet. The other QB (Kenuum)that struggled under Fisher  last season is having a pretty !@#$ing good year as well. 

They also revamped there entire WR group from last year, adding a quality rookie and 2 under appreciated and under used former Bills. Last I seen of Tavon Austin ( there #1 last year) he was playing RB in garbage time for them and Kenny Britt has been cut by the Browns.  McVay deserves credit but not the amount he is getting. 

McD took a team that everyone thought was tanking, traded away some of there top players and took them to the playoffs.... To me there is no comparison in who deserves this award. 

5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Could McVey survive playing the Pats* twice a season?  

Bills, Jets and Phins have the hardest road to the playoffs for almost 2 decades. It’s not easy being a team the Pats are most familiar with, or playing them twice a year. Until **** changes (or we get lucky) we are basically playing a 14 game season.

Edited by BananaB
  • Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Thanks for stating the obvious. 

Obviously they thought that way which is why they got rid of them. 

So is it then also obvious that getting rid of them helped the Bills get to the playoffs? 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

?

Its obvious they didn't want to deal with Watkins and Dareus nor pay them. 

Two talented players. Two players the Bills struggled to replace. 

The Bills were 4-2 with Dareus. Once he was traded the Bills instantly struggled to stop the run. 

Why do you think they didn’t want to deal with them?   I’ll give you a hint: it wasn’t about money. 

And I guess you didn’t read my earlier post about Dareus. Check it out. 

18 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I STILL say that letting NP start was the right move. No one could have predicted 5 picks and it was his 1st start. I'm not saying he'll be a starter or not, but we definitely need a QB upgrade. We NEEDED to see what he could do.

This.  I couldn't agree more.  People keep referring to it as "The Peterman Fiasco", and I simply don't understand.  McDermott made a change at a time when our STARTING QUARTERBACK threw for 65 yards in a complete game.  Combine that with multiple other piss-poor showings, and he made a change at a time when all of us were frustrated and not satisfied with our QB play.  Many of you were in agreement with his decision at the time.  Who could forsee Peterman throwing 5 picks in one half? And let's not ignore the fact his first pic was a perfect pass that should've been a routine catch by DiMarco. There's no telling how different of an outcome it could have been had he made that simple catch.  And that half of football and subsequent benching could have really ruined the psyche of many a rookie QB, but he took it in stride, and returned to the field, in a blizzard, and looked sharp, even throwing a perfect pass to Benjamin for a touchdown before getting hurt.  I'm simply not ready to write him off for one abortion of a half of football, and do hope he can be our qb of the future.  But I would need to see him in action at least a full game or two before labeling him one way or the other.

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Lol so if Dareus plays against the Falcons they lose? Lol. 

It was a combination of money and attitude. That said, as I've said numerous times now they are still winning at least 9 games with Dareus and Watkins.

You think their attitude is costing the Bills a playoff spot this year? 

MANY players had good things to say about Dareus after he was traded. Hell, the GM himself said good things about Dareus after he was traded.

The fact of the matter is he didn’t play against the Falcons. And the Bills still won.  The real question is: would he have made a difference in the losses? Especially against the Cheaters? 

And it wasn’t about money. Sammy was playing for peanuts this year and Dareus‘s money was already accounted for.  It was purely about attitude and/or effort. 

Who knows how the Bills would’ve done with them. All I know is how they did without them. Like I said before, I wouldn’t change a thing about how the season has played out so far. 

And the Bills were being PC about it. I heard more than a few “It was time for him to move on” comments to know that they weren’t going to trash them publicly. 

I am currently drinking as much of the new Kool-aid flavor "The Process" as I can, but I still can't justify giving COTY to McDermott over McVay.  Going from 4-12 to 11-5 and winning the division in one season is unreal, and they blew out the Seahawks in Seattle while we still got trounced twice by our boogeyman. 

Obviously ending the drought is a legendary accomplishment, especially considering it's McDermott's first season as coach, but he took a 7-9 team to 9-7 a squeaked into the playoffs.  The Peterman switch a complete disaster too, and if we had missed the playoffs because of losing that Chargers game, this board would be full of people clamoring for his firing.

Edited by BuffBillsForLife

• 2 weeks later...