Pro Football HOF 2018 Class Announced

Just now, Mat68 said:

Current Era that is how I saw it with Lynch insted of Dawkins.  Looking back Dawkins was the glue for great jim johnson defense and Andy Reids incredible run in Philly.  4 consective NFC championship appearance was quite impressive.

McDermott agrees.

9 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

Woohoo another Bill in the HOF!!

After receiving the key to the city, I’m pretty sure he’ll list the Bills as one of his teams.

Yeah, I think TO had fun in Buffalo. He was by all accounts a good teammate. I love ultra-competitive people though (like Baker). I don’t ever get mad at a guy for wanting the ball and wanting to win. That holds especially true for elite players. If Shady demanded the ball more I would support it. If Tolbert did I would spit my drink out. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Deion arguably, but not Smith. At least IMO. 

I see what you are saying.  Put Smith on the Lions and Sanders on the Cowboys and it would be night or day.  Emmit though is first in yards and only second in TDs to Rice.  He has a claim reguardless of situation.

2 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Dawkins is not HOF worthy.  Beathard is borderline.  Tom Flores should have been elected long before Beathard or Jerry Jones.  I'm ok with Urlacher even though I think he was living on reputation his last several years in the league - not unlike Clay Mathews III is now.

Kramer, Lewis, Moss, and TO were just special and dominant for years.  

I don't know anything about Brazile.

I had Fanaca in way ahead of Dawkins!!!!

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Well it’s about damn time Jerry Kramer finally gets the recognition! Yeeesh! He’s among the very best OG’s to ever play the game. No one else in this class was as good as #64.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I think John Hannah was better.

2 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Steve Hutchison was even better

Billy Shaw sends his regards.

1 hour ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Reed and Gonzalez are HOF first ballots for sure.  Waters might make it.  The rest are not HOF players

I would agree with the exception of Champ Bailey. He's HOF worthy. The rest? Just good players, not HOF players.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

NEWS
The Hall of Fame Class of 2018 was announced tonight, highlighted by Terrell Owens Ray Lewis and Randy Moss. Joining them are Brian Dawkins, Brian Urlacher, Bobby Beathard, Robert Brazile and Jerry Kramer.

These guys really thin out when they get off the juice.

Anyone seen Jeff Saturday on TV?  He's a fraction of his former size.   He looks like Seth Greene.

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that he is 2nd but Marvin Harrison shot a guy. He just didn’t die. 

It's more than probable that Harrison shot a guy. There is also strong evidence that he may have killed the guy he probably previously shot. It's a standard refrain to say that you should fear the quiet guys more than the talkers. Harrison was known for his reticence. On the street he was a man who should not be trifled with. My sense is that he either killed his fat nemesis or arranged for it to happen. 

https://deadspin.com/remember-when-marvin-harrison-was-implicated-in-a-shoot-1784882889

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

It's more than probable that Harrison shot a guy. There is also strong evidence that he may have killed the guy he probably previously shot. It's a standard refrain to say that you should fear the quiet guys more than the talkers. Harrison was known for his reticence. On the street he was a man who should not be trifled with. My sense is that he either killed his fat nemesis or arranged for it to happen. 

https://deadspin.com/remember-when-marvin-harrison-was-implicated-in-a-shoot-1784882889

It is a really crazy story that didn’t get nearly enough publicity.

The HOF voters were more than comfortable putting him in but TO needed to wait.