Jags had weakest schedule in 2017

I do still respect Marrone as a coach but he looked out of ideas and pretty frustrated with his team yesterday. The jags looked really bad overall and got a lucky TD. Bortles was abysmal and his INTs made him look noodley armed. If the Bills can take advantage of turnovers, they will win this!

Edited by Livinginthepast

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Buddy of mine is a big shot with a ticket company. Said sources told him Jacksonville still has over 10,000+ seats unsold that haven't went public yet...

Interesting.  If the rest of the seats sold out quickly, why would they be holding that many seats back?  Can't believe they want that many Bills fans at their stadium.  Unless they're planning on watching prices on the 2ndary market & plan to price those more competitively, that seems odd.

31 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Interesting.  If the rest of the seats sold out quickly, why would they be holding that many seats back?  Can't believe they want that many Bills fans at their stadium.  Unless they're planning on watching prices on the 2ndary market & plan to price those more competitively, that seems odd.

He said teams do this in order to get sales to jags season ticket holders and jags fans to avoid them hitting secondary market.

They will release them in blocks he said at face value so many at a time. Supply/demand I guess

This is the only game this weekend where ticket price s have increased.  Last year he made $10k on the ticket market. He makes $20k a month on Hamilton.

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Ok I will disagree on AVERAGE at best O for the 49ers with Jimmy G in. I think they were one of the highest scoring Os after he took over.  Seattle AND Arizona have good to great WR and or QB and they can score in bunches.

i agree stop their running game and make Bortles beat you. Bortles is their weak link. 

I fogure the score be..

Bills 17

Jags 14

if they don't stop the run it's a blowout for the Jags

Agree San Fran is very godo with Jimmy G.  You are wrong about Seattle and AZ.  They are both terribly flawed offenses.  Without Wilson that is a four win team.  The o-line may be worst in NFL.  AZ is just old.

But you are correct, if Bills can't stop their running game it will get ugly like New Orleans.  There is no reason to not sell out to stop the run.  The defensive backfield can handle Bortles.

9 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Agree San Fran is very godo with Jimmy G.  You are wrong about Seattle and AZ.  They are both terribly flawed offenses.  Without Wilson that is a four win team.  The o-line may be worst in NFL.  AZ is just old.

But you are correct, if Bills can't stop their running game it will get ugly like New Orleans.  There is no reason to not sell out to stop the run.  The defensive backfield can handle Bortles.

I'm most concerned about our offense vs their defense.  I don't want this to turn into one of those games we've seen several times this year - where our offense is so inept our defense eventually wears down.

• Like (+1) 1

Taylor doesn’t use our WRs so it’s questionable what kind of impact Ramsey and Abouye will have on this game... The Jags had a weak schedule and they really relied on defense making plays and forcing turnovers. Taylor biggest strength is how he protects the ball. This is a big advantage for us. Another big advantage is our D having a knack for forcing turnovers itself and Bortles knack to turn the ball over.

We are underdogs  but I can actual see us winning this game. I think this Jags team is alittle overhyped myself.  

7 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

Couldn't have asked for a better opponent to play.  The Jags have a single quality win on their schedule - Steelers 10/8.  Roethlisberger threw 5 picks in that game.  49ers put up 44 on them.  Cards 27 and Seahawks 24 respectively and they have average at best offenses.  Their defensive ranking is a mirage. 

Bortles threw for less than 200 yards 6 times.

The key to the game is stopping Fournette.  They need to play the Jags like teams play the Bills.  They need to load the box.  Fournette has averaged only 3.6 YPC in Dec.  He is a rookie RB with 268 NFL snaps.  He was hurt in college and has had a quad injury already this year.  The Bills can not let him get going early.  They need to trust White, Gaines, Hyde, and Poyer.  They can handle Bortles.  They have a single WR that can beat the Bills deep.  Play a safety over the top of Cole and put White on him the entire game.

This is a game that is very well suited to TT and McD.  Play it safe. Let Jags make the first and second mistake.  

Bills win 20-13.

I think we can beat these guys.

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

He said teams do this in order to get sales to jags season ticket holders and jags fans to avoid them hitting secondary market.

They will release them in blocks he said at face value so many at a time. Supply/demand I guess

This is the only game this weekend where ticket price s have increased.  Last year he made $10k on the ticket market. He makes $20k a month on Hamilton.

Not sure how that keeps the tix from going to visiting fans, but guess if they're good with it then 's all good man.

6 hours ago, LA Grant said:

It won't be easy, and I don't think the Bills should win -- but they could.  Both teams have excellent secondaries. Both are run-first teams with limited passing attacks.

Passing offense - advantage Buffalo

Running offense - advantage Jacksonville, especially with McCoy down, and Fournette is a beast

Passing defense - almost even but Jacksonville has better pass rush 

Running defense - advantage Jacksonville

Special Teams - advantage Buffalo

Coaching - even

To win, Bills will need to play mistake-free + get contributions from playmakers on offense + get turnovers on defense. 

Passing Yards: 

JAX - 3593 (17th) 

BUF - 2825 (31st, a full 14 yards ahead of last-place CHI)

Passing TDs: 

JAX - 21 (22nd)

BUF - 16 (27th)

Net Yards/Att: 

JAX - 6.5 (12th)

BUF - 5.4 (28th)

TOP 4 JAX RECEIVERS:

Cole (WR) - 42/748/17.8/3

Lee (WR) - 56/702/12.5/3

Hurns (WR) - 39/484/12.4/2

Westbrook (WR) - 27/339/12.1/1

TOP 4 BUF RECEIVERS:

Clay (TE) - 49/558/11.4/2

McCoy (RB) - 59/448/7.6/2

Thompson (WR) - 27/430/15.9/1

O'leary (TE) - 22/322/14.6/2

Yeah, the Bills and Tyrod Taylor definitely have the edge in the passing game. Good call. 

1 minute ago, twoandfourteen said:

Passing Yards: 

JAX - 3593 (17th) 

Passing TDs: 

JAX - 21 (22nd)

BUF - 16 (27th)

Net Yards/Att: 

JAX - 6.5 (12th)

BUF - 5.4 (28th)

TOP 4 JAX RECEIVERS:

Lee (WR) - 56/702/12.5/3

TOP 4 BUF RECEIVERS:

Yeah, the Bills and Tyrod Taylor definitely have the edge in the passing game. Good call. 

I think our edge is in the passing game is gonna be Taylor protecting the ball, and it could be the difference. 

7 hours ago, MJS said:

Couldn't have chosen an easier post season game, if you ask me. Doesn't mean it will be easy or that the Bills will win, but this game gives them the best shot.

I agree wholeheartedly, this is the best shot imo. The Jags are not playing great right now and I think the Bills match up well. I think Taylors mobility is a real problem for them.

6 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

The mood in this thread seems a little overconfident. The Jags D is the type that gives the Bills problems; they can play man on the back end and disrupt our running game with an active and athletic front 7. Remember how the O looked during that three-game skid?

I think the game plan should b Taylor mobile running and throwing, the Bills ground game a decoy, especially with McCoy injured.

1 hour ago, twoandfourteen said:

Passing Yards: 

JAX - 3593 (17th) 

Passing TDs: 

JAX - 21 (22nd)

BUF - 16 (27th)

Net Yards/Att: 

JAX - 6.5 (12th)

BUF - 5.4 (28th)

TOP 4 JAX RECEIVERS:

Lee (WR) - 56/702/12.5/3

TOP 4 BUF RECEIVERS:

lol. We get it, you hate Tyrod. 

My reasoning for why Bills have advantage over Jags in passing game is (1) I think it's more likely Bortles will commit a turnover than Tyrod; (2) we finally have Kelvin Benjamin and Charles Clay healthy at the same time, which hasn't happened much, and I think we're going to need to rely on those weapons with McCoy out or limited, and I think the fact that we have big targets could give the Jags' talented secondary some trouble.

We'll see what happens. If I'm right, I'm sure we won't be hearing from you, which will make a great day even better. If Bortles outperforms Tyrod, congrats to you on your campaigning.

5 hours ago, Idandria said:

We gotta win the turnover battle. If we can get a few picks on Bortles, it will be a game. 

If Fournette runs wild, we could be in for a long day. 

Our defense can get the turnovers.  Where we have struggled is what we do after the turnover.  The Bills offense needs to get points of those turnovers.