49s are for real

15 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Thank God he is out of the division.

That was no accident. Belicheat knew what he was doing. What a steal. I like John Lynch and loved the 49ers as a kid. They have about $117 mil in cap space. Front old Jimmy G contract and build talent with cap space down the road to re-sing studs. 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

That was no accident. Belicheat knew what he was doing. What a steal. I like John Lynch and loved the 49ers as a kid. They have about $117 mil in cap space. Front old Jimmy G contract and build talent with cap space down the road to re-sing studs. 

They didn't really get much for Jimmy though, I mean what? A 2nd round pick? They are going to regret this mistake for many years to come. When Jimmy is a franchise QB for the next decade after Brady retires, dire situation for NE.

5 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

They didn't really get much for Jimmy though, I mean what? A 2nd round pick? They are going to regret this mistake for many years to come. When Jimmy is a franchise QB for the next decade after Brady retires, dire situation for NE.

I know a lot of people hate Cowherd, but he has a compelling theory here. Belichick does what he does, he dumps guys a year early to get value. Move on. Kraft said is super tight with Brady and said “no, Brady will not be moved”, so BB dumped BOTH of their backup QB’s and will let them fold when Brady and BB leave.  we can pray! 

Edited by Augie

5 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Cowherd had some interesting thoughts on this topic

They had no choice but to trade him, or lose him for nothing.  They weren't going to franchise him and he wasn't going to agree to a team-friendly deal.  They never got the 1st rounder they wanted to they had to settle for a 2nd rounder. 

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

They had no choice but to trade him, or lose him for nothing.  They weren't going to franchise him and he wasn't going to agree to a team-friendly deal.  They never got the 1st rounder they wanted to they had to settle for a 2nd rounder. 

They could have got it in the AFC East. But I think Belichek knew what teams would get with Garapollo.